Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

I can be pretty crabby. I want a festival in my honor. :mad:

Eh... whatever. The weather has been pretty nice here for the last couple of days. I've been trying to get out and enjoy it as much as possible in the free time I have left.

I'm working 70 hours next week, long hours both days the weekend after that, and probably all the weekdays and weekends for a long time to come.

Break time's over...

New glasses waiting for me at the store. Hopefully I can get over there tonight before they close this evening.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

race for the cure was alright...ended up with a crap time cause i walked most of it. 47 minute 5k heh. took a long-ass nap this afternoon, decided to pull my paintball gear out and charge the magazine drum and the electronic trigger. i dont even know if i'm going tomorrow, but at least i got the stuff out. hoping if i do go that i have a good time. wel looks like i'm going, had to clean off the 9v battery, electronic trigger works :)

Worked a Gino Vannelli concert tonight. Killer band. Cheesy music.

The engineer insisted I sit behind him all night instead of head back up to my office in case anything went wrong. Nothing went wrong. I sat there all night just watching the show for no real reason.

well not going paintballing...buddy's car broke down. at least i got my stuff out and ready to go for next time. now what to do....if i didnt have to wait til wednesday for my paycheck i'd go to a fair or something. guess i'll take my dog for a walk, clean poop off the porch, catch up on reading assignments for class...

Saturday was busy for me.

Woke up and made Egg cheese biscuit sandwiches for my wife, her freind and I, before we went over to the "Apple Capital of Minnesota" for their Applefest 5K. It is a rather difficult walk along the bluffs. It includes a 300 foot climb in less then a half mile But you get a 5 pound bag of apples at the end.

Then there was a locally owned liquor store that was having their Harvest free tasting. 50 different kinds of Oktoberfest beers and Pumpkin beers, free brats with kraut.

Went up to Granddad bluff, a place for a great scenic view of LaCrosse and the Mississippi river valley, and back down to a garden.

Then I picked up a friend who's wife is expecting their first baby in a month, and wanted to have a night out at the bar. Got him totally sauced to the point he almost threw up.. but made it home safe. it was a good time.

Next week is Oktoberfest, in LaCrosse it is one of the top Oktoberfests in the US. Craft beer night is Thursday

Tonight's show: Twerk Du Soliel.

I wish I could describe it... but I'm not really sure exactly what it was. Kind of a Youtube live performance thing... sorta...

Some very cute scantily clad singers and dancers though. And apparently, we are the nicest, most professional theater they've been at... like ever. And they called our stage huge... which it isn't, by a long shot. So... we exceeded expectations. So that's good I guess.

So, yeah, over the labour day weekend, after about 2.5 years, it came to a break up. We are no longer together as a couple.

But we still have to live together or pay stupid amounts of money for two apartments (like, if i moved out, I'm still on the hook for this place). The lease isn't until June/July.

So... since then, she's made some retardedly dumb demands, which I have largely ignored. She recently said that one of my friends, who happens to be female, is forbidden from the apartment because "it's hers."

.... yeah. That's a thing.

Archived