Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very long and very ****ty day at work.

Another long one tomorrow.

And after that craptastic festival of pain I endured today, I got the news that my dad is back in the hospital again. Maybe another flare up of his urinary tract infection, or possibly a slight stroke.

The universe can't seem to stop dumping on me.

Fortunately, I only have to work 28 hours or so in the next two days. Get home after midnight tomorrow night, be back at work at 7 Saturday morning.

And probably spend my whole day Sunday at the garage, seeing if I can't get my car back into shape for the winter. That's gonna cost a bundle...

So, yeah. Life is great and I couldn't be happier.

:rolleyes:

I've told said female friend my ex's demands of her being forbidden from the apt.

She laughed.

Ex is leaving town in October for a few days, and I'll then have a spare bed.

Plan is for her to come over, we'll binge on Dr. Who and play video games until the wee hours of the morning. Because **** the police. :D

wishing i could get over the girl that stuck me in the forever friend zone. **** this ****...i need to move on, but there aren't any decent single women out there. or i just scare them off. probably that. this girl is a good friend and all, but the fact i can't get over her makes me want to hurt myself, having relapsing thoughts of my ex-fiancee, worse is the dreams.

my buddies at drill told me it looks like i lost alot of weight, so that's good guess i'm doing something right. going to go hard starting monday work toward 175....

yeah that's how i'm feeling...time to listen to loud music and drink all the alcohol then study for my exam tomorrow. feeling upset, wondering why i have to be feeling sad for reasons beyond my control. things will get better though, so i'll ****in drink to that.

well my confidence spikes 1%, some chick on okcupid messaged me...5 beers in, so idk if its the beer or the female attention. hmmm ****.

that was fun. ordered some dominos...gonna finish up the 4 bottles of miller with this pizza then start studying for my forensic science exam. tomorrow gonna be fun!

heh whats the point of it all anyway

Guys, the head cook at work wants us to come up with recipes involving beer for our specials at work this month.

:dozey:

Any suggestions?

R15, you should dress all in black with a black bandanna over your face. You should carry a rusty knife and point it at people. Say stuff like, 'You're next' and 'Allahu akbar.' Let's bring the devil back to Halloween, people!

Naw, I wouldn't want to get rust on one of my blades. I think I would just get special agent Walther PPK to put a burglar down...

IMG_20140929_153341621_HDR_zpsf63db9c3.jpg

Taken today, up at my favorite spot. ;)

Photo taken by a single female. :D

nice picture!

My tattoo is almost completely healed up, I think it's finished peeling. getting ready to head to the gym..one of my classes got cancelled today, my buddy wants to take me skydiving. we'll see.

Watched the show Gotham, it's interesting. the harvey dent in this is bad ass.

Guys, the head cook at work wants us to come up with recipes involving beer for our specials at work this month.

Here are some standards we use in Wisconsin

Beer cheese soup

Beer battered fish fry

Brats par-broiled in beer

Guinness floats

Shandy (a light pilsner or ale, mixed with lemonade or Soda)

Sausages wrapped in bacon, deep fried in beer batter. And beer. With a side of Lipitor pills. :dozey:

Or, for a healthier option: Replace the vinegar in the salad dressings with beer. And Guinness beef stew. (That last one is actually serious... I've had it, and it was yumtastic.)

We can't serve alcohol, I'm afraid...only cook with it. Boss doesn't want the bother drunks bring to the restaurant. ;)

The beer cheese soup, beer brats and Guinness stew are already planned by the daytime guys. I ran beer battered fish and chips last week, so I'll wait until later in the month to run it again. Tonight, I made beer muffins with honey butter to go with every dinner, and tomorrow I'll be using it to make the sauce for a pork roast. This ought to be a challenge, as I'm running specials eight times this month...and I'm already out of beer recipes.

:D

The bacon wrapped sausages sound intriguing, Ed. I might try it for an appetizer. I also have some thoughts on a recipe for baked beans with beer. Hmm...

Projected posts at year-end on Sept. 30: 2,096

The Thursday opportunity fell through, but one night will be enough. :)

I had my first karaoke night out since the beginning of summer Sunday night, and it happened to be at the bowling alley's pub. A few of my bowling friends who'd never heard me sing were around for my first song ("Time" by Pink Floyd), so that was pretty interesting.

At the XWA Upgrade forums, somebody recently posted a new ddraw.dll that uses DirectX 11 API calls, so if you're having trouble running XWA (or any of the older games, really) on a newer machine, it might help.

Archived