Home

This has been Bugging me a lot Lately

SamNMax

Are all you guys play is adventure games? Because I find it really annoying when people say that an adventure game is the best game ever. (Last Express, Grim Fandango, MI2 etc.) I play all the genars and I could never deside the best game ever, (whitch is no game at all) and I'm sure that you would feel the same way. I'm not doing anything like flaming, I'm just asking.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you own The Last Express? It really is in another league from anything else.

I play games in all genres (at the moment I have been playing Pikmin, Toca Race Driver & Silent Hill 2). The only genre I cannot stand to play are RPGs (and the large majority of 3D platform games can be very, very dull).

Side Note

How would someone be able to decide that their favourite genre was adventure if they never played other types of games.

I guess there is best game in each genre...IMHO LEC just made best adventures of our childhood...So it's some kind of nostalgic thought when playing them especially (IMHO)Dott and FOA...

Among others?....well...

Have to agree - Black and White- !!!rulez !!!(among strategies)...

Homeworld and StarCraft. Warcraft III- among RTS

and Frontier Elite(If you remember) among space exploration genres....

Well...thats it...Dagob... oops..(wrong line)..:)

Dont be talking like that....geez....cuz people dont have to like everything u like....I mean....they can like their own games.....I mean, you dont have to like what a 5 yr old girl likes...or ar 7 yr old boy, all people have their own opinions

While most of the games I play are more or less related to adventure games (like the Silent Hill games, Deus Ex or whatever), I do play some games falling outside that genre. The last week, for example, I've been playing Civ 3 a lot. Are anybody else here fan of that game?

Most recently I've been playing Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Mario Sunshine, Warcraft 3, and I dusted off Quake 3 just this week.

I still like Monkey 1, 2, 3, even 4, Sam & Max and Grim more than most any newer game that comes along. Good moments in adventure games just fill you up inside with this weird warm happy that just doesn't come out of many other genres. Maybe Blizzard's stories can get close at their good moments but they're split up by those evil repetitive missions.

Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

Dont be talking like that....geez....cuz people dont have to like everything u like....I mean....they can like their own games.....I mean, you dont have to like what a 5 yr old girl likes...or ar 7 yr old boy, all people have their own opinions

If you ask any real gamer, they will say that AOE is one of the best RTS games of all time!

btw, don't get me wrong, Adventure games are still my favorite game genre, but they are closely followed by RTS.

Btw, Deus Ex is the Best First Person Shooter Ever!!!:D

Originally posted by Hellbeard

If you ask any real gamer, they will say that AOE is one of the best RTS games of all time!

Hellbeard you're really narrow minded. Define a real gamer. You could play only adventures or only Command & Conquer titles and still be a "real gamer".

Originally posted by Hellbeard

Btw, Deus Ex is the Best First Person Shooter Ever!!!:D

Sure, if you play it as a FPS. That's why I would sometimes rate it the best game ever - because you can play it so differently.

At other times CMI or MI2 or Half-Life would be the best games ever.

I'm playing Broken Sword 2. I've got the Collector's Edition of WarCraft 3, but didn't play it yet. So you see while I play different genres I will choose an adventure before the strategy title.

I've never been a fan of RTS's, I'm more of an Adventure fan, Funnily enough. I prefer to play with consoles, mainly because my PC sucks, but ocassionally I get in a bit of Counter-Strike. Games like R-Type, Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Mario World, Smash Brothers are superb examples of why consoles rule. Games like Grim Fandango, Counter-Strike, and (Just so Hellbeard doesn't get upset and make 5 more annoying posts), Age of the Empires are superb examples of why personal computers rule.

I’ve played a lot of strategy games like the Command & Conquer series, Dungeon Keeper, and Civilization 2 and 3. Also god games like Black & White, action games like Half-life… in fact I’ve got a pretty wide range of games across several genres.

But my favorite games have to be Deus Ex and The Last Express.

Let me get this off my chest.

Here's why I hate RPG's. They are really bad point and click adventures. They have poor plot, and ANNOYING FIGHTS. Turn based? This means watch a bad guy take chunks out of you, then you do your super move and it says "missed." So you run away, but then how do you complete the game? "Not enough hit/experience/magic points to progress." Woof-berrys.

Anyway. Little Big Adventure 2 is inbetween point-and-click and RPG. Why? It has the control style of an RPG, the puzzles are easy, and there is fighting. However, you don't need hit/experience/magic points, and it isn't turn based. Thus it is in my all time top 3 games ever. Where's Final Fantasy VII? I'll tell you. 1239. Yeah. THAT LOW. [edit]uhhhh, fiends![edit].

I love the games I have on my gamecube right now. Super Mario Sunshine (which I got early!) is incredible! The graphics, gameplay, sound.... I love it. And Smash Bros. Melee - best multiplayer of all time (except Bomberman I guess). And Rogue Leader - Star Wars! And its brilliant!

When I said real gamers, I mean people who have really played every game Genre. So if you ask 1 one them, they would probaly say that the best RTS games are starcraft, warcraft, and AOE.

I must agree with you guys on the RPG thing, but There is one good RPG I played. Its called Freedom Force. It is an RPG that has you make and control your own super hero. It is really quite fun!

LucasTones, the language that you used during that previous post was rather uncalled for, and the sheer profanity may have an adverse effect on LucasForums younger demographic.

I for one enjoy RPGs, and there are many forms of RPG. There are many differences between the 'Zelda' style RPGs, the 'Final Fantasy' style RPGs and the 'Diablo' style RPGs

Archived