Home

What's your name mean?

Boba Rhett

From Baby Namer: Its source is rhetor, a Latin word meaning "Speaker." However, not all experts agree.

From Zelo: Root: REECE Origin: Welsh Meaning: Enthusiastic

From Baby Zone Originating from: Welsh Traditional meaning: Form of Rhys "ardent; fiery." Rhett Butler was hero of Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. Based on the 1990 US Census, Rhett was ranked the number 1112 most popular Boys name in the US.

Now do yours. :)

Louis:

This girl's and boy's name is used in English. Its source is Hlutwig, a male Ancient Germanic name meaning "Famous warrior."

damn straight. :atat:

i'm part pennsylvania deutsch, so i probably have warrior blood. mwahahaha and note how it's not 'infamous warrior' so i am a lightsider. wheeeeee!

LOUIS

Origin: German

Meaning: Famous in Battle

heh! h.f.! i am beginning to love my name!

Originating from: Teutonic

Traditional meaning: Famous in war

Based on the 1990 US Census, Louis was ranked the number 75 most popular Boys name in the US.

Originating from: French

Traditional meaning: Famous in war Form of Lawrence.

Originating from: English

Traditional meaning: Form of Lawrence. (wtf...)

Louis is a boy's name.

Originating from: German

Traditional meaning: Famous fighter

Duane

Root: DWAYNE

Origin: Gaelic

Meaning: Dark; Black; the Way

Originating from: Celtic

Traditional meaning: Song

Originating from: Irish

Traditional meaning: "Dark." Many Irish and Scottish names have the meaning "dark" or "black."

Based on the 1990 US Census, Duane was ranked the number 215 most popular Boys name in the US.

Interstingly enough, I have black hair, dark brown eyes, and a dark complexion. I am very musically inclined, (I play 4 instruments affluently, and I have gone to regional choirs).

And my nickname in school was "The Way"! :eek:

That last part wasn't really, but it would have been cool, no? :p

:D

i've only had 1 nickname but nobody hardly knows since it was last year around thanksgiving during camp, we were playing street hockey inside, and i was the goalie, and i blocked every shot they threw at me and so i was nicknamed 'the wall' now i'm just 'louis' but that's a cool name, although i wouldn't mind being called 'Kioet'

this is how i came up with the name Kioet, it's very weird....

L= letter higher or lower, i chose lower, which was K

O=higher or lower vowel, i chose lower which was I

U=higher or lower vowel, i chose lower, which was O

I=higher or lower vowel, i chose lower, which was E

S=higher or lower consonant, i chose higher, which was T

and that is how Kioet came to existence, i did somehting similar to the last name, Csuhen, which i'm going to be safe and not say it here, altho i trust most of you, i just shouldn't say my last name here for safety reasons. :D

My first name was the same for all 3 of the sites, it's Matthew, Hebrew for "Gift of God" :D

I know the origin of my last name...it is a dirivitive form of Bruce, my ancestors were all part of the Bruce Clan of Scotland, the most famous of which was Robert de Bruce, King of Scotland

My sister did a family tree and was able to trace our family's direct lineage back to a Revrend John Brice, who had changed his name from Bruce...therefore, I kind of like saying that I have royal blood in my veins :p

from Zelo: Gender: Male

Root: JEREMIAH

Origin: English

Meaning: God Will Uplift

although my name's just Jeremy, not Jeremiah shortened.

from BabyNamer:

This boy's and girl's name is used in English. Its source is Yirmeyahu, a Hebrew name meaning "Exalted by God." Learn more about the heritage of this name.

Nicknames of the name Jeremy include: Jere, Jerry, Jem. Alternate spellings of the name Jeremy include: Jeramee, Jeramey, Jeramy, Jeromy. There is one other form of Jeremy. There are also teasing nicknames.

The name Jeremy ranked 76th in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. The name also ranked 53rd for males born in the United States in 1994.

And from Baby Zone: Jeremy is a boy's name.

Originating from: Hebrew

Traditional meaning: Exalted of the Lord

In 1997 this was the number 54 chosen name in the US

Based on the 1990 US Census, Jeremy was ranked the number 76 most popular Boys name in the US.

well, that's it. basically the same meaning at all sites.

From BabyNamer:

This boy's and girl's name is used in German, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. Its source is ceorl, an Ancient Germanic word meaning "Freeholder."

There are also teasing nicknames.

* Carl's Jr.

* Snarl

* Cart

* Carlsbad

Drew: Its source is Andrew, an English name meaning "Manly."

Drew: Origin: German

Meaning: Skillful, Trustworthy

Drew: Anglo-Saxon - Wise

Welsh - "

English - Manly

Wow I suddenly like my name a whole lot more, too bad it's also a girls name, oh well guess there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Baby Namer- This boy's and girl's name is used in English and French. Its source is ceorl, an Ancient Germanic word meaning "Freeholder." Learn more about the heritage of this name. The name Charles ranked eighth in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. The name also ranked 46th for males born in the United States in 1994.

Zelo- Gender: Male

Origin: Teutonic; French; Latin

Meaning: Manly, Full Grown

Baby Names-

German: "A man."

English: Same as German

French: Manly

Teutonic: Same as French

well my true name is Erik:

This boy's name is used in German, Dutch, English, Czech, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. Its source is ei rikr, an Old Norse phrase meaning "Complete ruler." Learn more about the heritage of this name.

Nicknames of the name Erik include: Ricky. Alternate spellings of the name Erik include: Eric, Erich.

Commentary:

Eric the Red, Norse colonizer of Greenland and father to the explorer Leif Ericson, may spring to mind upon encountering this name in any one of its popular spellings -- Eric, Erik or Erick.

However, the name was not widely used among English-speaking people until 19th-century British fiction writers Frederic Farrar (in Eric, or Little by Little) and H. Rider Haggard (in Eric Brighteyes) used it in popular literature.

Source Language:

Old Norse

Meaning:

Complete ruler

Original Form:

ei rikr

now please all..keep this in mind: complete ruler :D:p

Baby Namer:

This boy's name is used in English. It is a nickname of Geoffrey, Jeffery and Jeffrey.

Alternate spellings of the name Jeff include: Jef. There are also teasing nicknames (see Drawbacks).

The name Jeff ranked 120th in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census.

Zeelo:

Gift of Peace

oh lets see...

I didn't have to look to tell you this, but this is what one of them said...

"Thunder." Mythological Thor was the Norse god of thunder and one of the sons of Odin. Thursday was named for Thor.

you here that i am a God! ;)

My name could also be speld Tor, but i like Thor better.

baby namer: This girl's and boy's name is used in English. Its source is Stephanos, a male Greek name meaning "Crown or garland." Learn more about the heritage of this name.

The name Steven ranked 2667th in popularity for females of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. This name is usually reserved for boys. In part, it could owe its position on the US Census popularity list to incorrectly filled-out census forms.

zelo: Gender: Male

Root: STEPHEN

Origin: Greek

Meaning: Crown

baby zone:

Originating from: English

Traditional meaning: Variant of Stephen "Crown; wreath."

Originating from: Greek

Traditional meaning: Victorious

Ian:

Baby Namer: This boy's name is used in English and Scots Gaelic. Its source is John, an English name meaning "God's grace."

Zelo: Gender: Male

Root: JOHN

Origin: Scottish

Meaning: God is Gracious

Baby Zone: Originating from: Scottish

Traditional meaning: "Gift from God" Form of John.

In 1997 this was the number 71 chosen name in the US.

"Jedi"- kick butt Force-weilder who can wave a mean lightsaber.

"Duo"- taken from the the hit anime gundam series Gundam Wing. My favorite gundam pilot was named Duo Maxwell. He was known for his dark and deadly gundam and his light-hearted personality.

To quote ZDawg....... 'Nuff said.

This girl's and boy's name is used in English. Its source is a Gaelic expression meaning "Old one."

Alternate spellings of the name Shannon include: Channon, Shannan, Shannen, Shanon. There are six other forms of Shannon. There are also teasing nicknames (see Drawbacks).

The name Shannon ranked 123rd in popularity for females of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census.

babyzone

Shannon is a boy's name.

Originating from: Irish

Traditional meaning: Little old wise one

Based on the 1990 US Census, Shannon was ranked the number 317 most popular Boys name in the US

-----

now wtf? why does it say Shannon is a boy's name??? argh I've only known girls with this name...so ha.

Archived