Home

The Matrix will hit an even BIGGER screen

ckcsaber

link

Matrix Reloaded Comes to IMAX

Thu, Apr 24, 03 09:24:06 AM EDT

The BBC is one of many places reporting the good news about more high profile films arriving on IMAX after Episode II's lead last fall Here's an excerpt:

Canada-based Imax's high resolution screens are the equivalent of up to eight storeys high, accompanied by superb audio tracks.

Mr Gelfond said: "The Matrix is a visual spectacle.

"It has the kind of soundtrack that will take advantage of our 12,000-watt sound system.

"And most importantly, they're really the franchise movies of the year. There wasn't a better film than The Matrix, and in fact, we got a little lucky that there were two of them."

Unlike last year's digitally remastered Imax releases of Apollo 13 and Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, The Matrix films will not need to be shortened.

This sounds awesome......

Originally posted by Tyrion

Uh...that looks cool and all..except, excuse my horrid ignorance, but considering I've never watched The Matrix before..would the original be good on an IMAX screen?

Tyrion, if you do ANYTHING in the next couple of weeks......WATCH THE MATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you do a couple of things watch Xmen 2 as well. And then watch matrix reloaded on the 15th.....and then buy Enter the Matrix.....

Does anybody know WHEN they're releasing it on IMAX screens? I'd like to pre-order my tickets.....

Archived