Home

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

What's this game all about? And why is it dark and brutal (can't download trailer, need to revise for exams)?

All the current information we have is at the end of that link I posted at the top of this thread, i.e., the official announcement. I'm still hoping they'll put up an official site with more information and some in-game screenshots or concept art.

You really need to see the trailer...although it's probably a cut scene, it's very atmospheric. :)

Originally posted by Lynk Former

We're gonna be seeing a lot of new forums in LF aren't we... :D

well that depends on how the admins think about some games.... and maybe make one forum with LOADS of subforums for some games... such like JK!

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well that depends on how the admins think about some games.... and maybe make one forum with LOADS of subforums for some games... such like JK!

Yeah, it does.

But I have a feeling that Republic Commando could be a big game, with an MP side...and being based on the Unreal engine, it's sure to attract MOD teams. If a game needs a lot of sub-forums on it's own, it makes more sense to make a main forum for that game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eh...it's a little premature to hype up a game based on a trailer with no gameplay footage. on the other hand, it is encouraging to see lucasarts deal with star wars in a mature manner, moving away from the bright, clean and safe boundaries of the films. It would really be interesting if they manage to maintain a darker, grittier design/style aesthetic throughout the game, and give us a decent fps at the same time.

Archived