Home

Max easter eggs

battlebison

I'm not sure if this is the right section for a post like this, but who can remember all of the times Max's face appears in the LucasArts games?

I think I am the only person on this forum who remembers seeing Max in Mortimer, or even has played Mortimer (A kid's game that my younger brother had around 5 years back where you flew on a giant snail and shot crazy monsters with snail-sludge). I also remember seeing him many other places, I think you saw him occasionally on that flashing TV in the bar in Full Throttle. Anyone else have any Max easter-eggs?

I was thinking of this the other day also. I was thinking, now that Lucasarts has the Sam & Max rights back will he be making hidden apperiances again?

There were 2 in Jedi Knight, one in the little city town, a 3D max that killed the baddies for you. Then his head was on the edge of a retracting bridge when your jumping on to that ship after the refueling place. I think on SamandMax.net there was a whole list of these, I remember reading it there.

And in AFTERLIFE you typed something and max cam and smashed shi.t with a big hammer.:sam::max:

Originally posted by TheBlueFlamingo

I think on SamandMax.net there was a whole list of these, I remember reading it there.

And in AFTERLIFE you typed something and max cam and smashed shi.t with a big hammer.:sam::max:

In Afterlife you type "samnmax" (possibly 3 times, I don't remember) and 3 Maxes come and just jump all over your afterlife, but no hammers are involved.

There's a light sillhouette of him in the light sequence of CurseMI, also he and Sam are an idol in front of the giant monkey head in The Secret of Monkey Island. He also make a number of other appearnces in loadsa other lucasarts game, it seems to be a theme to put him in at least once in a game, or is that the Lucas Arts logo, or maybe both..

Also, I think, although I could be wrong, but he might be in Sam and Max hit the road.

Nah!, couldn't be.

It's been a long time since I played the original Dark Forces, so my memory isn't that clear. There is a level in the game where you enter to an environment that is largely gray, vertical cliffs and mountains everywhere. Very near where you enter, and just off a short dropoff, is a secret, low cave (you have to duck to get in) with an extra life or some other goodie in it. The cave is an odd shape. If you call it up on the map function, the floor plan of the cave is the exact shape of Max's head.

Maniac Mansion - none

Zak McKracken - none

Indiana Jones Last Crusade - The totem pole in Indy's office (although only in the PC version (and possibly Mac too), but not on the Amiga version, strangely!)

Loom - none

Monkey Island - Outside the Giant Monkey Head, tiny statue of them both

Monkey Island 2 - Costume in the costumer's shop on Booty Island

Fate of Atlantis - The 'squab on a stick' looks a little like Max

Day Of The Tentacle - Colonial times on the second floor. A portait of Max!

Full Throttle - During the demolition derby there's a piece of graffitti that looks like Max

The Dig - ? none

Curse of Monkey Island - 'Big Whoop' magnet at the Goodsoup hotel looks like Max and doing a certain combination of lights on the 'Speare' stage creates a picture of Max too

Grim Fandango - Small piccy at the tattoo parlor (thanks Ginny!)

EMI - Can't remember! :)

~ John

For no apparent reason whatsoever, i watched sam n max on the TV this morning. the games a whole lot better (a better voice actor for sam, but max is the same).

Anyway, i think he's almost definately in EFMI, i just can remember where (when worldofmi comes back up, i'll check)

Originally posted by battlebison

Alien said that Max is on a floor in The Dig at one point, I can't find him. Any help (Alien?)?

Well, I sent this In-joke to LucasFans. Since the server's still down you can't see it there. If I remember, I'll put it on my site for you to view.

Max' head was upside down in the seams of a room's floor that had a lift going down (to the Cocytan creator?).

Archived