Home

A question regarding about Star Wars Games...

Darth NeoVenom

they're all good, i own most of them, well all the ones that are released on PC.

the only one i never got really into was force commander.

and pod racer got boring real quick.

the rest of them though i love.. ah then again rebel assault 1 was pretty lame. but at the time you didn't care cause it was one of the first star wars games made. then came the likes of x-wing, tie-fighter and dark forces. ahhhhhh those were great games.

i haven't played bounty hunter and unless they decide to bring it out on PC i never will.

Oh ok. Star Wars: Rogue Leader 3 is coming out for Gamecube. It looks pretty cool. The only Star Wars PC games I own are Star Wars: Dark Forces, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds :saberb::yobi::r2d:c3po::aobi:

BTW...You don't own any systems Sivy B?

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

BTW...You don't own any systems Sivy B?

i got a PSone :D

my only games are...

jedi power battles (love that game)

Spider-man 1 & 2

marvel vs capcom

demolition derby 2

driver 1 & 2

not really interested in getting a new console yet.

i'll want until the next generation is released like PS3, x-box 2 etc. then i might get one :)

I don't own any consoles (my choice). So I play only PC (and Mac) games. The whole DF series occupies my top 3 games of all time (I count JK / MotS as one).

I tried SW:GB and found I still don't like RTS games, I played some of Racer and agree with the fun but quickly boring sentiment. Same for FoCom.

I have XWA and Starfighter and still don't really like flying games.

I did like Shadows of the Empire - not a lot, it does a bunch of things, none of them very well. But it kept me busy for a while.

Besides looking forward to Jedi Academy, I'm also looking to buy KOTOR when it hits PC ... that looks like fun.

Mike

All of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter stuff is pretty good to play. Especially the Collectors Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter, much better graphics to play them on in a Win9x environment.

The Dark Forces series is good too, probably enough said by everyone else.

Now, I don't have a GC, so can't comment on Bounty Hunter, but it is meant to be fairly good. Avoid Obi-Wan, that is no good. Episode 1 Pod Racer is good for some fun on the PC, and it's cheap.

And don't miss KotOR (Knights of the Old Republic) when it comes out. Goes all the way back to the formation of the Sith 4000 years before Episode 1.

Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|

I own JKII-JO, Rougue Squadron and "the phantom menace"

the phantom menace is really boring.

Rougue Squadron is avarage

JKII-JO is great!

The Phantom Menace! Oh, I forgot ... and I even played all the way through!

It was an OK game, but the pseudo-tilt perspective was a pain in the neck (literally). Oh, well, something to do while waitting for JKII ...

Mike

Honestly the only Star Wars games I actually thought were VERY GOOD were Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith. Jedi Outcast is *almost* at the half way mark between good and very good :).

Tie Fighter, Jedi Power Battles, and Phantom Menace were actually pretty entertaining but nothing all that spectacular in my opinion.

For new games I would certainly want to look into KotoR if I were you, and Star Wars Galaxies, and eventually Jedi Academy.

But there are a ton of crapy Star Wars games in my opinion... ranging from old crappy star wars games like Rebel Assualt to newer crappy star wars games such as Bounty Hunter... For me I never even consider a Star Wars game anymore unless it gets exeptionably good reviews and appears to be of very high calibur. Even then I'm rather sceptical :).

PS, Star Wars games seem to cover practically every genre another game made popular... Star Wars galaxies for EverQuest, Dark Forces for Doom, Battlegrounds for Age of Empires, etc... But why hasn't there been a Star Wars game like Tribes and Tribes 2?? That would be a sure-fire success in my opinion... All the good FPS qualities of Jedi Knight and the vehicles of rouge leader combined with all the qualities of fast paced qualities of tribes 2 in a capture the flag or capture a base senario...

I still think they should keep trying with the RTS thing with Star Wars. Each time they keep getting better, but just still nothing special. I would think there is a lot of potential with this.

Lets review, shall we....

Rebellion - Really fun, just dumb interface and piss poor graphics, but game play and concepts were fun

Force Commander - Loved to see the size comparrion of the AT-AT crushing rebel troops, and intro into the 3D RTS, but crappy AI, hard interface, and graphics that made you wonder why they did not try harder.

Gallatic Battlegrounds - Awesome game, just too late. Just like the AoE series only slightly advanced (flying units), but after AoE hit its prime. They did good work, only they should have brought something new to the table, not whats been already feed to us with a Star Wars twist.

I personally own all 3 and will keep on playing them. I just want them to bring us something new and exciting to the RTS and Star Wars world.

I don't actually have that many Star Wars games...mostly because some of them are not to my particular taste. But of those I have...

Dark Forces - great game

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight - fantastic game

Jedi Knight: Mysteries Of The Sith - a great expansion to JK

Jedi Outcast - a really good game with pros and cons compared to JK.

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds - great fun based on the AoE engine, and one of the few RTS games I play

Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire - I like the Snow Speeders on the first level, but after that, it wen't all downhill for me. :(

Currently looking forward to Jedi Academy and Republic Commando. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Currently looking forward to Jedi Academy and Republic Commando. :)

What about KOTOR? Do you have interest in that? I haven't played any RPG's, but am fiddling with the Neverwinter Nights demo on my Mac ... I will likely try KOTOR when it comes to the PC.

Mike

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

Is Jedi Knight: Mysteries Of The Sith good? I never had a chance to play it. :saberb::yobi::r2d:c3po::aobi:

If you like Jedi Knight, you'll definitely like MotS. More of the same, minus the FMV cutscenes. A very good expansion.

Mike

Mysterious of the Sith is a very good game but also MUCH more difficult then JK on hard. The single player game is ALMOST as good as JK, but the multiplayer is much better. Still, I wouldn't reccomend getting it for the multiplayer for obvious reasons :).

Alot of things in single player is better than JK, but alot is alittle unblanaced and just kind of clunky... atleast the cut-scenese were better in my opinion (no cheesy actors, just cheesy animations :)).

i've been playing Star wars games since they came out on The Super Nintendo. i hope to get a PS2 though, mainly becuase of Starcraft Ghost. god it looks so freaking awesome... must....play.....it........

hmm what systems do i have....

3 Ataris about 30+ Games

4 regular Nintedos i counted, 78 Games

2 Super Nintendos i counted, 56 Games

1 PSX (compact white thing) about 40 games

1 PS1 about 40 games

2 PC's about 40+ games

I NEED MOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!

^Holy!^

Anyway, the StarWars games I have are:

SW: Rouge Squadron

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast