Home

What book are you currently reading?

Pie™

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IY iginally posted by Ragnos [/i]

I'm reading Kurt "cooks his head"

Its the genius Erlend Loe who is the author. MMMpie and herminator_64 knows who he is. Kurt is a series, this is the 4 book in the series.

:D Its really funny.

Yes, yes, Erlend Loe is great indeed. the other three books ("Kurt, quo vadis?", "Kurt and the Fish" and "Kurt becomes horrible") were all great books.

Another good Norwegian writer is B. Andreas Bull-Hansen, who writes fantasy. His series; Tale of the horned god, Is probably fantasy i´ve ever read (exept for LotR, but everyone figures that:D)

Originally posted by Ragnos

I'm reading Kurt "cooks his head"

Its the genius Erlend Loe who is the author. MMMpie and herminator_64 knows who he is. Kurt is a series, this is the 4 book in the series.

:D Its really funny.

Yeah! kurt owns! :D

I am currently on Tom Clancy's The Bear And The Dragon. I think it's the follow up to Executive Orders. Only really started reading again 2 yrs ago, whilst overseas, to pass the time on trains and planes.

That was with Rainbow 6, tried to read Don Quixote - I am still yet to finish it, it is a very hard read, very scatterbrained. Have a few old books yet to start reading. Paradise Lost, The Iliad amongst them.

What I really want to read next is the 15 or so books that of Tolkein that run in parallel to The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

Well, then you and i have very different wiews... ;)

Don't worry about him, hes usually an ass when taking in others opinions. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have to read a book for school. Woodsong. Extremely boring and distuging. But, when I finish that, I'm gonna start A New jedi order. ;)

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

What I really want to read next is the 15 or so books that of Tolkein that run in parallel to The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

Well, i think 12 of them are actually written by his son, cristopher tolkien... I've heard they're not too good, but i've always wanted to read 'em anyways :D

I'm reading "Dude Where's My Country?" by Michael Moore at the moment.

The Unfinished Tales by Christopher Tolkien are a collection of all the notes and writings JRR had made about Middle Earth and the world of LOTR. They were pieced together and annotated by his son, Christopher into 12 volumes.

I've got the first one, and have read parts of it. It's not something you read all in one go - it's kinda like the LOTR appendices. But it is very interesting and lets LOTR freaks like me have a far greater insight and understanding into the amazing world that Tolkien created for us ;)

Worth it only if you are a real hardcore fan.

I just finnished reading a compilation some of Edgar Allan Poe's short stories, translated by Baudelaire (yes it's in french!) which was awsome! Baudelaire adds so much to Poe's style, the descriptions and general feeling are greatly enhanced.

Right now I'm reading 'The picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde and it's pretty god also.

My next read is gonna be Kafka's 'Metamorphosis', I can'T wait to read it, I heared great things about it.

Weird, the first book in the His Dark Materials trilogy is called "Northern Lights" in the Uk. Looks like another title they have changed for the US market. Still, awesome book whatever it is called.

as of last night the top 4 books of all time on that bbc poll were as follows:

1 - LOTR

2 - Pride & Predjudice

3 - His dark Materials

4 - Harry Potter

can't remember what was 5th.

although the results change after every programme. They haven't had the LOTR programme yet so I can't see anything catching that.

COuldn't make up my mind between LOTR & HDM so I cheated and voted for both. :D

Archived