Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o yeah Hoth siege map almost done. I just need atats!!!

Think of atats as big atsts. Do atsts lag a server?? Not really. Size doesnt really matter its really the animation and pollies.Maybe size matters slightly.Anyway i wish i could show you guys a pic of my map but i dont know how :(

Originally posted by Admiral Chemix

I

Fog would reduce the lag of multiple atsts, u know on hoth it's not a tropical planet where it's sunny and nice. It's an iceball in a giant snowstorm.

your right adding fog would make it less laggier if its a big map and its more better for the ATAT's to come out in in Nowhere lol :D

and while this is JA, and not rouge squadron (I am quite thankful for that as I hate the rogue squadron games, too hard to control) the seige objectives I listed should be doable, with fog and such the battle could be very large. Just set up fog and snow and viola u have a giant map with normal lag. The rogue squadron battle was pretty basic, kill 2 atats then fend off fighters. No real gameplay. And hoth shouldn't be small, this is a battle to be remembered as one of the greatest SW ground battles of all time... I think. I don't remember the batlle of hoth besides being huge, with snow speeders atsts and the shield generator going boom, next thing I remember, luke cutting open his taun taun for warmth, then slicing up the wampa. Even that might not be right. Not sure, however I do remeber it being huge. A small little map with 2 little things to do for each side just would't do it justice... I think

Originally posted by stride

o yeah Hoth siege map almost done. I just need atats!!!

Think of atats as big atsts. Do atsts lag a server?? Not really. Size doesnt really matter its really the animation and pollies.Maybe size matters slightly.Anyway i wish i could show you guys a pic of my map but i dont know how :(

Don't forget those weapons please. :(

At least you can put them in a next version.

i put the same amount of atsts in this as in the battle of hoth two for each atat and there are four atats so that makes 8!!!

Ill spread them out in the future i may take out one or two atsts but not a lot becuase speeders are really powerful compared to atsts. I realize now i dont need all those guns becuase there are turrets so ill get rid of em in the future.

o monsoontide you are a mapper can you help me with my question in the JA mapping section

Would it be possible to make the AT-ATs only be available to be piloted by a certain siege class? One class should be set aside with very little combat skills but should be the only class that can pilot the AT-ATs. I mean, how many Snowtroopers or Scout Troopers could just jump behind the controls of a massive AT-AT? :D

Nice man, nice!!:D

Now, if you could follow these suggestions, your map would be better:

1. Put, four AT-AT's and four AT-ST's!!!! 16 people max on a vehicle server, 8 Vs. 8!! 4+4=8 (for the geniuses of course).

2. Make sure that there are four emplaced turrets and four Snowspeeders in the hangar. 4+4=8.

3. Put maybe eight Anti-Infantry Turrets.

Make it a bit more flat where the AT-AT's and AT-ST's are, make a trench behind the Anti-Infantry Turrets.

4. Put about six probe droids.

5. Refer to the movie and the Shadows of the Empire game.

Overall, this is probably the best effort to make this map. I'm sure that if you follow 3 out of the 5 suggestions that I have given, it will improve. I can't wait for your map. You should open a thread for it.

:fett:

Ok, again, that wouldnt work that well. Imagine what fps would be like with muiltiple of those things, walking, shooting and exploding when they get destroyed. Also, the rebels wouldnt have a chance in hell against 4 atat and 4atsts. It would be like the alamo meets star wars. Of course, hoth was like that but since this is siege, you want it to be even.

I like your idea of having probe droids, they would make for an interestign battle. Instead of having so many Atats, you could have 2, 2 atsts, and a bunch of scripted snowtroopers running along the battlefield.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

First of all, I've been able to spawn oh 50 jawas, have them shooting nogri sticks within the high poly level of Bast Castle, FPS didn't go down that much. Unless this thing is 7000-8000 polygons, having 4 wouldn't realy matter all that much, plus fog would help alot. And if one were to go with the siege objects I posted previously siege would be pretty even I think.

Archived