Home

I play JA and my age is....?!

Astrotoy7

If you play JA regularly, how old are you !?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. If you play JA regularly, how old are you !?

• Less than 10 y.o
    • Between 10 and 15 y.o
    • Between 16 and 24 y.o
    • Between 25 and 35 y.o
    • As old as Andy867 !

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

He was. Exactly how long did he stay on Amidala's server anyway? Kids like that don't usually like having some one beat them.

But they do cos they're n00bs, simple as that :). Anyway, I'm 16, turning 17 in Feb this year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I thought maybe he was just trying to distract me with chatting (wouldn't be the first time I've seen that tried, and I have even done it myself on the odd occasion, but don't tell anyone!), but then I realized he had been in the game and barely moved or accomplished anything for some time.

I guess he was just bored and wasting time on the server, and somehow he thought he was somehow "above" the activity that everybody else was actively engaging in.

I asked him if it was "a kid's game" why he was there himself, but I don't remember what his answer was.

Eventually he just left on his own, wore out his welcome if you ask me. Maybe with nobody to let him push their buttons it just wasn't any "fun" for him? Oh well. ; )

Come to think of it I think I had a person or two on my own server be shocked I was so "old" (of course they are also youngsters that are so shocked). I guess when you get out in the "big bad world of the internet" you realize it's not just your 14 year old peer group that plays games!

PS: Do we really have somebody under 10 years old on here? Remember kids, you need your parent's permission to use these forums if you're under 13!

Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

I'm 22.... and there is a very good chance I'll be still playing FPS' and the like clear into my 50s. I think as time goes on more people will be playing games like this at older ages. Just goes to show you that most people do the same things they grew up doing.

True. My dad plays a lot of games. Mostly flight sims though...

Yea my dad plays that Call of Duty game, along with Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix and all the Delta Force games (cept Black Hawk Down) My uncle plays Black Hawk Down online though and he is like 50 . So it doesnt surprise with older people playing video games.

Well, I appear to be the current 'fogey' ...

I'm 37 (for a few more months I get to torment my wife as she's already turned 38 ;) )

So let's see:

- I'm 37

- MaceWindy is also 37

- Stormy's 36

- DarthCobra 35

- JediCrow ~30

- Prime 29

- Astrotoy7 28

- Kurgan 25

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Well, I appear to be the current 'fogey' ...

I'm 37 (for a few more months I get to torment my wife as she's already turned 38 ;) )

So let's see:

- I'm 37

- MaceWindy is also 37

- Stormy's 36

- DarthCobra 35

- JediCrow ~30

- Prime 29

- Astrotoy7 28

- Kurgan 25

Mike

This is encouraging :)

I'm 29...

...I lose no sleep about having the odd online gaming session now and again

...as long as it's balanced against other things of course...

I do have to be kept interested with new, original gameplay though. I think if I stop playing games (online or otherwise), it will probably be more likely that games will not have diversified themselves enough to keep my interest - rather than me simply becoming 'too old for them'...

...I could see myself gradually moving on from 'twitch' skill games at some point - possibly. But I - along with Hex -can fully see myself playing computer games of some kind or another pretty much my whole life - as long as I'm able to move a mouse!!

(or maybe you'll only need brainwaves to operate a computer by then ;) )

Originally posted by Andy867

Is 22 and proud of it... Geez Storm(although it seems I've seen you say that before) Well, I still got some time to catch ya :p

Sorry guys. I knew one of you were in your latish 30s so put it in the poll options...its seems it is Stormie who is the codger after all.... :D

MTFBWYA

24, and like most I see myself playing till I'm dead and buried.

You'll have to pry the mouse out of my cold dead hands. Rigamortis will still be clicking away firing shots. Heck, I may even score a few kills after I've passed away.

To bad my wife isn't a gamer though. Then I could play more often.

Originally posted by keshire

24, and like most I see myself playing till I'm dead and buried.

You'll have to pry the mouse out of my cold dead hands. Rigamortis will still be clicking away firing shots. Heck, I may even score a few kills after I've passed away.

To bad my wife isn't a gamer though. Then I could play more often.

Agreed. And I will be in my reclined position still killing and typing.. DIE Jedi Scum and after the last breath of air escapes, it will say, "HAha, PWN3d (owned). And as the Police check the screen to try to determine my cause of death, it says

Name&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspKills&nbsp&nbspDeaths&nbsp&nbspPing&nbsp&nbspTime

Andy867&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp302&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp23&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp98&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp20

Name&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspKills&nbsp&nbspDeaths&nbsp&nbspPing&nbsp&nbspTime

Kurgan&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp150&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp75&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp120&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp22

Grafixguy&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp122&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp100&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp50&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp19

And then with all irony, some human rights actvisits claim that Jedi Academy is too dangerous a game, like Everquest, and make petitions to have it banned, blah blah blah. And when interviewing my girlfriend, she would say," He just loved playing online. *sobs.*"

I'm 19 and still gaming. Now I can say that you can never be to old to game. But College does take a lot of my gaming time away from me. Heck, its been a while since I've played JA! Any ways, I'll have to scale back my hours. It's like 5 hours a week now. Yes including weekends. Oh, and the ping sometimes sucks even with the T3 line. I think it is a server issue on my side though. Grrrr... So, I have to either play late at night/early in the morning to get that constant 40 ping :) Happy Fraggin to you all!

Archived