Home

New LucasArts game - Mercenaries

leXX

Mercenaries is the latest title to come out of the pairing of Southern California-based developer Pandemic Studios and LucasArts. The original third-person action game offers a rather unique experience that's similar in spirit to Pandemic's upcoming Star Wars Battlegrounds in the sense that you're being dropped into a fully loaded sandbox and allowed to run amok. We had the chance to get an exclusive look at work-in-progress versions of the PlayStation 2 and Xbox games and are pleased by Pandemic's inspired madness.

Full Preview

I've watched the developer interview, and let me just say, this game is looking good! O.o

So... instead of Sam & Max... they're in the process of making another version of a game that they are already in the process of making?

When the first screens that they're actually wanting you to see are as craptastic as those you pretty much know the game's a ****-canner. :(

They think Sam and Max won't sell but this will? :confused:

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

When the first screens that they're actually wanting you to see are as craptastic as those you pretty much know the game's a ****-canner. :(

The screens do not do it justice compared to the gameplay footage I've seen.

Im not much into FPS/TPS, but that idea does sound stoopid ! Why is pandemic creating this for LA whilst they are doing Battlegrounds at the same time. One cant help but think that there is going to be some cannibalising of code and concepts between the two projects.......

*Astro returns to his world of rpg, magic and making girls wear sexy outfits to fight in(Final Fantasy X-2 - Now there's a great game !!!! )*

MTFBWYA

isn't it battlefront?

I'd much rather have pandemic to work fully on battlefront as well instead of making this game.. the title is stupid (yes it does matter) and I swear i could find a screenshot IDENTICALLY as this one:

919925_20040312_embed003.jpg

but in the game Freedom Fighters, by Electronic Arts

I was hoping for bounty hunters :(

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

isn't it battlefront?

I'd much rather have pandemic to work fully on battlefront as well instead of making this game.. the title is stupid (yes it does matter) and I swear i could find a screenshot IDENTICALLY as this one:

919925_20040312_embed003.jpg

but in the game Freedom Fighters, by Electronic Arts

I was hoping for bounty hunters :(

yes that is exactly what I thought when I was reading it.

All I have to say is that it better not mess up Battlefront...Or they'll have one pissed troopr on day asses. :mad:

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Aww man...I was hoping it would be a Star Wars mercenaries game. Y'know, choose your bounty hunter, (Boba Fett, IG-88, Dengar, etc...or even create your own!) pursue bounties, compete with other bounty hunters online, etc.

Oh well, I can still dream, can't I? :p

I was thinking exactly the same...

I've been dreaming of a game like that for a long time now... :(

Well, this game looks ok...

GIVE US SAM AND MAX GODDAMNIT!!! :mad:

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

So... instead of Sam & Max... they're in the process of making another version of a game that they are already in the process of making?

They think Sam and Max won't sell but this will? :confused:

*high-fives Rhett*

i think everyone has been waiting for a star wars mercenaries/bounty hunter game for years... don't worry, im sure they will be churning out another 12 star wars clones of games in the next 12 months. Maybe one of those will be good.

They might even make an original game some time once episode 3 is out of the way. maybe.

well i can dream :p

Pointless waste of LA's time. They seem to like just cloning games for no apparent reason though. One reason that things like the JK series and KOTOR were so refreshing. But, what can you do? I personally wish they'd nail something like XWA again; that would be incredibly popular. But they seem to have finished that and not headed back... too bad.

Archived