Home

svösh's work in progress

svösh

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks folks :)

@ Darth InSidious

Ya It has the golden-ish Sith troopers but open up the CM_Baremetal in KT and you see it's a yellowish tone. I made mine to be a light blue so it appears more like chrome. I use my edited cm_baremetal shader I used on revan redemption robes. It's just acting like a mirror shader now. What I mean is if you face the mirror you get the effect but face away and you don't thats not consistent with an environment shader, and not how I remember it working in the past.

It happens with both mdlops 0.5 and 0.6 so I'm willing to bet it's ATI, after all I can no longer play kotor with frame buffer effects on. The newer drivers have killed it, I found this pic someone else uploaded http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6982/19998368pp5.jpg (this is a light version of the corruption I saw)

Basically you can't see anything on screen while using force speed, and I died on Taris swoop track when I couldn't see where I was going once I hit top speed my screen went plaid. Of course I had to laugh thinking of ludicrous speed in Space balls “ they've gone plaid!” Thanks ATI great update on drivers.. last time is was openGL that no longer worked in 3ds max for like 6 month's I had to run it on direct 3d drivers.

True about the old 7zip, but I think they have done away with the none Gui version on windows. I always used my right click menu with Winrar too, so it's not a problem I don't even have zip or rar installed anymore just 7-zip and it does the job.

@ SpaceAlex

Same here but I hardly touch blasters in kotor on my character. Carth, Mission, and Candy are my ranged support but I find the only way to kill Bendak is by rushing him before his plasma grenades hit me. Last week he smoked me badly a few times but I guess trying to take him on at level 2 isn't too smart.

@ Mav Yup but more like Twitch's blaster too.

@ Sithspecter Thanks I'm sort of partial to it as well, maybe I'll rig it up as a replacement for Candy's heavy repeater with some skin tweaks the grip of the handle never thrilled me. Once I see where the front supporting hand falls I may have to remodel it a bit.

Update:

Here it is in game I finally got a decent shot of it but only at this angle ?

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53646675.html

Turn the camera 2 degrees more and the blaster looks solid black. I can't even see my texture and given that my alpha channel is so light I should be able too at any angle. I don't get this? my model has metal as it's base material, white diffusion tone very pale alpha on my tga and cm_baremetal shader but instead of getting an environment type shader effect it's acting planar in game. The direction I UV mapped it has never effected how the shader displays on a model before. I even tried envmaptexture mycube the shader used on t3 and hk47 to get more virtual light sources to appear on it but it was the same appearing planar shaded.

Here you can see much less detail on almost the same angle http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p53646676.html Just for fun I edited Trask's head tga. To bad it's mirrored I wanted him to look bloodied up and dirty as if he got caught in some serious grenade / blaster crossfire on his way to get you.

svösh

Wow... that just looks good... I wouldn't say it looks Mandalorian, but more like if we took Human's from today, planted them in the Star Wars Universe, and told them that they had to make a blaster...

...which is suspiciously like what you did... you haven't been making any visits to Star Wars Land now, have you?

Anyway, good looking blaster!

That's the best way to come up with new designs. Hell, it's how they did it for the movies. Go look up some information on weapons from World War 2, you'll see some familiar faces.

hat's the best way to come up with new designs. Hell, it's how they did it for the movies. Go look up some information on weapons from World War 2, you'll see some familiar faces.[/Quote]

Yeah, which is pretty interesting, you'd think that the weaponry in Star Wars would've advanced further than WW2 style weaponry, only blasterfied of course...

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I went back to my old Juhani sanctuary threads wanted to update both skin and the model for something fresh.

So I borrowed the head of the N_Tusken_F model since I always liked that hood mask combo. Built a new neck wrap to fit.

Since the old dark Jedi head and neck bones trimesh would cast the wrong shadow I also swapped those bones, adding to the complexity of this little mod.

Juhani's Stalker gear

here in max http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54273781.html

here in game. http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54273779.html

This is still in progress so I may make more changes to it before it's finished.

I welded select verts on the arms, hood, and neck wrap so there are no hard edges showing on those areas in game. So far no texture stitching so thats a good thing ;) This was complied in MdlOps 0.5

svösh

Hi Svosh,

Noticed that you were on these forums right now and just wanted to give my thanks for quite a few of your mods. I was between games and went back to KOTOR recently and started playing with mods (for the first time) and thought yours were great.

The ones I am using right now:

Juhani's Sanctuary robes

Good/Evil Bastila (I did'nt like the blonde head though and I must say that the Evil Bastila robes really are the best robes for any character that I've seen)

Jolee's Kashyyk Clothes

HV88 pistols (Thought they were a little Over powered for the normal KOTOR difficulty but I found very little difficult in KOTOR even without mods so *shrugs* Model looks cool though)

I've also downloaded the HK-47 and Droid Malak reskins from your site recently but seen them in game yet.

Question: I noticed on the photos on your website Here that you had made Anakin and Dooku sabres? Are these available for download anywhere? Particularly the Dooku one, (The only Dooku one I found had a extra long blade which I didn't like)

I also wanted to say that Marl's and Ice's blades look great. I liked the red version of Marls in particular. The base of Ice's blade where it joins the hilt here though looks a bit to wide to me (but that's purely an uninformed opinion.)

Thanks folks :)

A little update: A new custom eye piece for Jolee I modeled it on his head so it fits like a glove, not so much on the female pc I'm playing as but it's not bad. Anyways it's intended for jolee.

I call it Hax0r since Jolee has such high computer skills if you allow the game to spend his skill points

since he can't practice hacking trees on kashyyyk :p I though it would be cool if he has some kind of mask or cyber monocle in this case that helps him. It acts as a database and brute forces passwords and by passes encryption basically it will boost his computer skills a bit.

I just finished the skin, the alpha needs some toning down. The lens uses the saber blade txi so it's semi transparent and glows from the tri mesh. The model is 596 tri's

Here it is in max: http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54361207.html

here in game with a camerastyle.2da hack: http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54361208.html

@ Sareth Thanks I'm glad your making use of my mods. It's aways nice to hear that your work is appreciated :)

Malak should appear in my skin in your game loader then.

About the sabers unfortunately no in the end I only released my movie sabers in the USM for k2.

I used a standard length blade on it though but tilted it quite a bit, only the tilt conflicts with the power attack effect. I'm not crazy about the melee effects anyways so i just override them off in visualeffects.2da in my own game.

For ices blade when I build my models I import then [freeze] a game model of the same type in my scene to judge scale, get pivot point info and various other things. The ascii model I imported for this model was the vibro sword, and it's lot thinner then it. I wanted my scalloped edge on the skin to be a bit wonky so it looks hand sharpened. I guess it's the angle or my skin in that pic.

svösh

Update:

I went back to my old Juhani sanctuary threads wanted to update both skin and the model for something fresh.

So I borrowed the head of the N_Tusken_F model since I always liked that hood mask combo. Built a new neck wrap to fit.

Since the old dark Jedi head and neck bones trimesh would cast the wrong shadow I also swapped those bones, adding to the complexity of this little mod.

Juhani's Stalker gear

here in max http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54273781.html

here in game. http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p54273779.html

This is still in progress so I may make more changes to it before it's finished.

I welded select verts on the arms, hood, and neck wrap so there are no hard edges showing on those areas in game. So far no texture stitching so thats a good thing ;) This was complied in MdlOps 0.5

svösh

That is pretty ****in awesome man, I might actually play through the game with Juhani in my party now that someone's wrapped something around that mug of hers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived