Home

Ok then, who is bootlegging the orchestral MI performance for me?

Jake

I tried to do something like that last year. Unfortunately I only had the recording function of my iPaq PDA to work with, so the results are mediocre.

I'm looking for a quality digital recording device right now, but I don't want to spend too much on something I might only use once.

Originally posted by Monkey Mania

Isn't that illegal?

Hence the term "bootlegging"

Where is it? I might live near it (doubt it though, or I would have heard about it, and plus, it's probably in America, everything always is)

Awesome. Whatever Jake is getting, I want one too. I'm not quite sure what it is, but that's just a cover for my illegal activities.

And if somebody buys me a CD, I'll send them out the money.

You know you can trust me to do this because I am not Irish.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there and it rocked (to say the least). Some stuff wasn't so nice, though. Like the security guys trying to prevent people from taking photos and recording the concert...

I recorded some stuff on an analog cassette recorder. I haven't had the time yet to check the quality and how to get it onto my PC. GC itself was cool, too.

P.S. Sorry I didn't reply to your PM yet, Laserschwert.

Check out this cool site where you can download samples which are in the same low quality as the full recordings!!

I started recording at the third tune (EQ2), paused for the speaches, and the cassette stopped somewhere during MGS. I was too chicken to turn the cassette.

Even though there was a tremendous request for the CDs that SynSONIQ sold after the concert, I guess there won't be one from the concert...

edit:

Curiously there are mumbling voices audible even though I didn't hear anything while recording... must have been the ghost of a musician who got impaled on a violin bow... ;)

So, can the music they did actually be obtained anywhere other than by bootlegged recordings? Whether it's from the actual concert or not isn't a concern, but I'd love to hear nice orchestrial versions of a lot of the music they appear to have played. ¬

Oh, nono, I meant their versions of it -- where you recorded the samples from.

Sorry, by "not from the actual concert" I meant versions that they'd recorded properly themselves for a CD release, which is what I thought you meant they'd done in your last post.

That experpt of the MI one was just pure brilliance. Lechuck's theme, especially.

Archived