Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B0007OGDHS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Also, Game Crazy sucks, I go into there to return Mercenaries, sell one of my games, and clean 5 of my games (5 for $5, instead of $2 each). So I go into the store, its an hour before closing time and everything is off. So its dead quiet and stuff. I go up to the counter and say to the guy "I wanna sell this game." He just looks at me and says, "Are you 18?"

Well, I'm used to Gamestop and I sell games there all the time, but I do know that to get cash for a game instead of credit you have to be 18. So I assumed he thought I wanted cash for it, which I didn't.

So I say, "What?"

He repeats.

"Thats okay, I just want credit," I say.

"Are you 18?"

"No, I just want credit." Now I'm pissed, he's being a dick cause I am obviously not 18 and still asking if I am, and on top of that I'm confused as hell.

Then he says "You have to be 18 to sell a game."

I just look at him in disbelief and say, "Screw that then, I want to return Mercenaries."

I toss him the game and give him the receipt and he asks if there is a problem with it. I lie and say it didn't work on my Xbox. So he goes and puts it in the cleaner thing and I sit there for 3 minutes, the store is completely silent as the thing is washing and I'm totally pissed.

I look through my game book (where I keep all of my games) and realize that my Halo 2 wasn't there, I left it in my Xbox at home, crap. So no need to clean my discs. (Crap!) He then walks over to the xbox on display and puts the game in. It runs. (Crap!) He then he starts to tell me that my drive might be dirty and how I should get a DVD cleaner and explains what it does. (I hate it when sales reps talk to me like I don't know how to put in a controller.)

He puts it in the case and hands it out to me. I yank it from his grip, give him a dirty look, head to the door, remark on the waste of time and how I'm going to GameStop tomorrow and leave.

I cuss the rest of the way home, stuck with my games and dirty DVDs.

Heh, atleast the pony tail wearing asshat gave my game a $2 spit-shine.

So you're angry at him because you didn't want to follow store policy, you lied to him and you forgot your disc at home?

He was a total asshat in the way he dealed with me, acting like I was an idiot for not knowing the whole confusing procedure.

He was a total asshat in the way he dealed with me, acting like I was an idiot for not knowing the whole confusing procedure.

Not to sway you one way or the other. At Game Stop, we offer a 7 day "satisfaction" on used games as long as the policy is not abused. Now keep in mind that is at manager's discretion. At one point over the summer, we had to just cut it out all together because far too many people were simply buying one game, and returning every 4-6 days for another one. At the Game Stop, we do NOT work on commision, so we WILL be PAINFULLY honest when you ask about a certain game. About 75% of my game intel comes from customers, and the other 25% percent comes from Game Informer magazine and websites like IGN, and GameSpot. We also highly recommend renting games you are not sure about just to save you the hassle of being dissapointed. It happens, not all games are great....and it sucks, we understand this. Always research your game any way you can. In the case of Game Crazy, you might have been able to score another game if you simply told the truth and said you wanted something else instead...but again that depends on the company and store manager policy. Being 18 to sell games or dvds for cash is a State Law in IL, and might be the same where you live. However, ANYBODY, reguardless of age can trade for store credit, which is USUALLY the best deal, because Game Stop store credit (GameBucks) removes sale tax, when you trade used games for more used games. Hope that helps. ;)

At the Game Stop, we do NOT work on commision, so we WILL be PAINFULLY honest when you ask about a certain game. About 75% of my game intel comes from customers, and the other 25% percent comes from Game Informer magazine and websites like IGN, and GameSpot. We also highly recommend renting games you are not sure about just to save you the hassle of being dissapointed.

Yah, some girl (like 12 or something) was asking about Ping Pals for DS before he got to me (so I wasn't pissed off yet :p)and he told her that it was a ****ty game. It was kinda funny how he was saying how bad it was and quoting a review that I read myself. "Ping Pals is the worst game already made for the DS." Or something along those lines.

Same thing happened at Gamestop when Driver 3 first came out, some kid wanted it but the clerk tried to stop him, but he ended up buying the game anyway. What an idiot.

Being 18 to sell games or dvds for cash is a State Law in IL, and might be the same where you live. However, ANYBODY, reguardless of age can trade for store credit, which is USUALLY the best deal, because Game Stop store credit (GameBucks) removes sale tax, when you trade used games for more used games. Hope that helps.

I sell games at Gamestop all the time. What kind of sucked was that I was trying to sell Super Monkey Ball, so it kinda sucked for me when he wouldn't take the kiddy game. :\

Another thing, my brother turned 17 so he can buy M-Rated games for me now (instead of asking and convincing my mom or getting them off Amazon). The first game we got was at Best Buy and it was Doom 3 for PC. When the guy was checking his I.D. I was going on "Ohh, wanna make sure you don't sell this M-Rated game to a kid!"

He was like in his twenties and was clearly a gamer himself, and he said.

"Yah, I know, but it's just the law."

"Well, it's not actually law, just policy."

"Yah, I guess so."

Well, just to make myself clear and how stupid the rules are, I said, "Well, what ever, I'm still going to be playing this, and I'm only 15, there's no stopping me!"

:p

@groovy: You guys obviously haven't been doing you job right on 25-to-life though... that game got horrendous reviews, but its already sold a million. You guys have to try to save these guys from themselves and their wannabe-gangster impluses. :D

The problem i have with stores like that is that the managers all get bonuses on pre-orders... so they only get in enough games to cover pre-orders.. and if you try and buy a lot of games 4 weeks after they have comeout you can't find them. Especially for niche games that don't get many pre-orders.

Archived