• Matsu****a
  • Averatec
  • Polywell
  • Sharp
  • Twinhead
  • Uniwill
  • JVC

Yeah, American society sucks.

jeez, have to say i'm on the side of the corporations for the first time in my life... :eyeraise:

the f***er just wants a lot of money that he was too lame to get when the gaming industry first started to make 3d games. if i were a betting person, i'd bet that IF he wins, the price of games is gonna skyrocket. d***, hope that doesn't affect half-life 2 or kotor: tsl...

they were about to introduce software patents in the EU, but at the last minute some people objected and they are looking into it again... ironically, it is all the big companies like microsoft and EA who are pushing for software patents...

The whole patent scheme needs to be overhauled... you should get a short time to implement your idea, then you should only get paid if you have a functionable implementation of your idea and are suffering damages because someone else has implemented it as well...

PS/ I'm fairly sure my degree project (raytracer) would fall foul of this, as it is a very standard technique that is documented in almost any 3D programming book or course...

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

That's slander and I'm going to sue you! :mad:

Actually, slander is spoken and libel is written. And I'm suing you for missuing!!!

:p

I have a feeling this will be one long case. Those companies probbaly have armies of lawyers ready to go.

Ok, so let me get this strait. This person filed a patent on displaying 3D images on a monitor in 1988, so this McKool Smith is basically saying that all these companies have ripped him off by copying him. (or her)

Did I get that right?

Archived