Home

Gifts you bought for others?

Darth Groovy

We have our wish list thread, our "Very Good Things" thread, both of which include wonderful things that we aquired or purchased for ourselves.

Anybody actually buy something for somebody else this Holiday?

I got this for my sister:

B0001I561E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This for my mom:

B00005JMQW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And going to get this for my dad either tomorrow or next week (whenever I find a good price)

B00005JMQZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Originally posted by Rogue15

ooo!! those are good gifts!

my sister's bday is on the 17th, i think i'm going to get her the spiderman 2 dvd..

I always buy DVDs or CDs for people. I started way back when I used to work for Sam Goody, and had the employee discount. It got to a point where people just expected it out of me, so I keep that tradition. Everyone in my family LOVES getting movies as gifts. :)

I am probaly going to wait til a coupld days before Christmas so I could save up money. My dad usually gives me money soon to get my sister a present, ill probaly get her a BratZ thing.

For my mom ill get a sculpture I saw at the 98 cent store (dont think im cheap because that sculpture looked frigging cute)

I don't know what im getting my dad yet

for my grandma probaly make something

This comes for my love next Christmas:

(wish me luck)

engagement-ring.jpg

But that is nowhere near paid for yet. So, untill then, this is what I'm getting her:

p19208.jpg

It's not quite like that, but it's close. She LOVES to sing.

(And she actually can sing nice, too)

lets see here:

a carbon-fiber hood for my dad's Celica GT-S (well, i paid for 75% of it, anyway)...

roller coaster tycoon 3 for my younger sister...

some CD's for my older sister...

some silk pj's for my mom(with help from my older sister, who, coincidentally, picked them out)...

gave my copy of farcry to one of my friends...

helped another friend buy half-life 2...

gift certificate to EB Games so my girfriend can buy halo 2 (yes, she is a gamer:D)...

and yes, my wallet is feeling the pain. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Alegis

Quote a lot there. Played a little bit of prime, don't really like it yet. Windwaker was awesome.

As for gifts, no idea..

Same here.

I got my dad:

Queen CD

Shrek 2 DVD

Red Sox Calendar (the day-by-day desk one)

And I might try to get a Family Guy DVD ofr him. :D

My mom.... I gotta work on.... I bought her an Aerosmith bootleg, but I found out when I got home it's AWFUL, so I gotta find something else to get.

Well me and my g/f got her sister a bed.

Her brother I got a copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes cause all that boy has are crappy gamecube games. I need to shape the young lad a little so he can become a true gamer.

Her mom I still don't know but something artsy.

Her dad a Polar Express item from Hallmark since he's been reading that book every christmas to them.

My dad I'm getting some clothes.

My sister is going to get a gift certificate for Robinsons's May.

My mom is going to get a DVD player with a copy of the "Passion of the Christ"

My g/f a season of Spounge Bob DVD's, Victora Secret Gift Card, Gift card to Wal-Mart.

As for myself I've bought myself a Paintball gun and lot's of clothes.

:lsduel::duel:

I didn't get anything for anyone...yet.

For my parents, I'm not going to get anything,b ecause whatever I buy my parents, they never use it, so screw it.

I'd buy things for my sisters, but I dunno what they like? I dunno what clothes sizes they wear, and all that stuff.

For my dear sister, I shall purchase the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog DVD. :D

For other people on my list, I purchased the Star Wars Trilogy Soundtrack Set, a Creative MuVo TX 128MB w/FM MP3 player, and other things I can't remember at the moment.

Going to get my dad something techy, and my mother something that she will pick, since she's hard to shop for ^^;

Ugh, I'm horrible at buying presents. And I have waaay too many to buy....

Originally posted by Acrylic

For my parents, I'm not going to get anything,b ecause whatever I buy my parents, they never use it, so screw it.

You've got a death wish, don't you?

:p

For my dad I am buying a new mouse and a video card and Mom will get some CDs and I don't know what yet but that shouldn't be difficult.

I am also sending a two old PCs to a school my dad founded in South America many yrs ago and some money to one of my cousins who works in a orphanage (also in South America) so the children can get some good food.

Originally posted by Acrylic

I didn't get anything for anyone...yet.

I'd buy things for my sisters, but I dunno what they like? I dunno what clothes sizes they wear, and all that stuff.

For your sisters: Darn near everyone like music right? Well get 'em a gift card for Best Buy, or take your chances and pick a CD, or if you want it to look like you really worked on it, make a mix CD with a bunch of songs on it, and entitle it 'Because I Care'. :D :D

If all else fails, give 'em a Target gift card. Who doesn't like Target, anyway?

As for what I'm getting for people: Meh, I buy people stuff all the time, therefore I don't feel obligated just 'cuz the calendar says so. :cool::p

Originally posted by Lady Jedi

If all else fails, give 'em a Target gift card. Who doesn't like Target, anyway?

The Salvation Army, and therefore me. (I am not with the salvation army, but I respect the good they do every year. Target's decision to be "fair" to all charities by not allowing any on their premises is going to hurt them.)

Getting back on subject, I've bought 2 of 15 gifts. One is a foot-rest for Mom, the other is a Religious DVD for Grandma.

Archived