Home

Explain Your Avatar Here

Derc

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My avatar is the top right corner of a painting I did about 10 years ago. You can see the entire painting at ArtCrusade.com in the painting section of my portfolio. It was a painting inspired by a song call "Chance" by Savatage. The song was a point of inspiration, but it goes deeper than that. At the time, I was sick of being bombarded by the evangelicals on my college campus about "the end is coming near." So I painting this picture with a good bit of biblical imagery (Death, day becoming night, and the blood-red moon) as a protest. There was one verse in the song that I took as the title of the painting, with only a minor modification...called "Noone Sees the Sickle Blow Coming 'Cross the Plain." It basically means what was written in the bible...no one knows when it will happen!

So that is my avatar. At least for the time being.

Originally posted by tk102

At the time of that post, I was wearing a Hugh Grant avatar. :)

Oohh.... the memories of that one (and the roasting to quickly follow)..hehehe :p

By far one of the best avvies on the board :lol:

Though I'm growing quite fond of your new one tk.. :thumbsup:

Changed my avatar (again).

I ran out of vigilante ideas so I went with the greatest superhero ever (that's superman by the way).

;)

EDIT:

Changed once more: Now it's Aragorn (from LotR) holding a green lightsaber (Star Wars). I merged two of the greatest movies ever made.

:D

Originally posted by PsionicBeverage

would any1 kill me if I canged my avvy to something with nothing to do with psionic beverages before i ran out of ideas?

No offense, but I don't think anybody would really care. Go ahead!

Originally posted by General Kenobi

Well I say hats off to Mono for having a Monkey dancing as his avatar. I laugh every time I see that one :hatchrun:

:ben:

General Kenobi

You'd think the little guy would've gotten tired by now. He's been jumping for about 14-15 months straight now.

Originally posted by The_Maker

Well, first mine was a LF default one with AT-ATs attacking rebel soldiers on Hoth but then I changed it to something I modified from Starcraft ^_^

(+ kudos if you know who it is...)

Sarah Kerrigan.

Kudos for me! :thumbs1:

@TheOutrider

I LOVE your sig!! Azumanga is one of the best silly animes ever. :D hehe

My avatar... at first I was using Shaak Ti, then they changed the forums around, so I figured I would have a new avatar for a new setup ;) I happen to love dark elves (I know it dont sound like me), but Ive always had a thing for dark elves hehe (no Im not gothy). So anyway, I found a series of fanart pics on an image board about Lineage II, and they have some rather awesome looking dark elf pics... but this is one of my favourites... I just adjusted her colours to stand out more in photoshop. :)

well, for almost five years i had my hair in dreadlocks, and when i saw epII i thought kit fisto with his big ol green dreds was one of the coolest looking alien jedis. too bad he went out like a punk in episode III (although he at least put up a little bit of a fight, unlike those two other jedi's with mace) but anyway, since this was a star wars forum, i figured why not use a star wars avatar (instead of my usual variety of koko the gorrilla cradeling a kitten or charleton heston kissing zira in planet of the apes) and kit fisto just seemed like a fitting choice for me.

But Kerrigan isn't purple. She's green.

Weird Kerrigan :s

Well, first mine was a LF default one with AT-ATs attacking rebel soldiers on Hoth but then I changed it to something I modified from Starcraft ^_^

(+ kudos if you know who it is...)

;)

Anyways I will most likely change it sooner or later... I always do <_<

Archived