Home

Explain Your Avatar Here

Derc

Although a blatant ripoff of the Explain Your Name Here thread, I thought I'd make an Avatar version.

Just explain who/what it is, and your reasons for using it as a avatar. :) I know that some of us have unique/interesting ones, and that they probably each have a story to them. You can also talk about previous avatars that you had.

Ok, here goes.

Mine is a character from Gundam SEED Destiny, currently airing in Japan. His name is Shinn Asuka, and when I first saw this picture of him, I was :thumbsup: "Awesome." He's a dark hero, or antihero, if you will, and that picture shows it.

Edit- Whoo new avatar! As you can probably guess, it's none other than Cloud Strife from the new Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, well mine's hard to explain, I change them when the mood strikes me...

My first one was a Shadow Ship from B5, then I had the Face of the Recruitable NPC Mod I made for KOTOR...

Now I have a Crimson toned Vorlon...

Who knows what's next! :D

LOL, tk!

I change my avvys frequently. Right now I'm featuring a yellow stormtrooper/clone modified from the official Episode III wallpaper. Had it red earlier, but had to be changed due to Kurgan's spoiler policy.

And for the new 'uns: Rhett's avatar is legendary. No questions, no speeches.

Starwarsknights have 500 avatars and among them not one Lando. :confused: Explain that Rhett :confused: .

Let me explain my avatar. As a young boy when I saw episode 5, I hated Lando, because he was hitting on the princess and the princess should be LUKES! ...maybe I could even accept that obnoxious smartass Han... but that smoothtalking doublefaced gambler did not do, for the princess!

As I grew up I understood what pressure Lando had on him. He had a responsibility for his people and a responsibility for his friend. I am sure he was all torn up in his mind. Making him a great character with depth.

Then there was the fact that Han had won Lando's most prised possession, the Millennium Falcon and Lando wanted to take something of Han, in a boyish contest of getting even. But later they both stood above such things as they put aside their differences and did their duty for the good of all.

Now I ask you. How cool is Lando flying his beloved lady The Millennium Falcon one last time and BLOWING THE SH*T OUT OF THE DEATH STAR! And that final scene where he blows up the generator, it starts exploding, he is flying out as fast as he can, explosions at their ass, the smaller ships are blown up as the explosion eats them, then finally it envelops the Falcon too and I was practically crying... and THEN it flies out of the explosion and Lando has a strange shocked smile on his face that says "Holy crap I can't believe I just flew out of the mouth of hell" then he bursts out in cheers as the Death Star blows up behind him!

That's high-quality moviemaking right there!

And in spite of these great facts he is the least popular of the heroes... and the fact that starwarsknights doesn't have an avatar of him, I think speaks enough about that...

...and as I like to root for the underdog, my choice was... an obvious one.

Oh its a Gungan! Of course i know what a gungan is, but dont ask me right now, have to do some work first! ;)

and TK...i feel like you really joked around with me... :(

*sends her friend :fett: over to your flat...*

After that he will visit you maverick :p

i drink coffee, and it gets me moving a bit faster than normal. and since overclocking gets you moving faster than normal, well, it sounds like a nice analogy to me....

edit: and until Intel makes something faster than the Athlon64 FX, then i'll be using a wind-effected Athlon64 FX logo. then i might switch over to a wind-effected version of their logo.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

It's a Gungan. :eek:

It is?... and all this time I thought it was some stoner's idea of a chicken :oI'm such a goober...

Hmmm... like RedHawke, my avatars change whenever I get tired of looking at it.

The first 2 or 3 I had were all custom made variations of my name.. but well I thought it was pretty much pointless seeing as how my name was already above it :rolleyes: So I picked the ATHF avatar I have now. which was a pain in the arse to mask out, border it and re-size (20kb limit is very unforgiving to details)..

Who knows what whim will strike me next... :dev11:

EDIT: new 'whim' struck... hehehe

Call me the "Laughing Man" (another pain in the arse avatar to make)... :D

Like the others in this thread, my avatar changes over time.

I first had a royal guard facing to the left.

Then I had a royal guard facing towards the front.

After that I had a custom made Mandalore avatar.

Soon afterwards, I changed it to Obi-Wan Kenobi in Episode IV.

And now, I have a Qui-Gon Jinn avatar since he is my second favorite character in the entire saga (you can guess who's the first).

;)

Mandalore? :D Well, my first avatar was a simple Kyle Katarn and JK2 logo, next I switched to Luke on hoth, because noone used it. Once more people started useing it I switched to Luke on Tattoine, after I got bored with that I got a new Kyle one. It was pretty sweet. Then I had an Thrun Zala one from Gundam SEED Destiny for about a day, then I got this one, Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed.

Originally posted by StoneDragon

Mine is a vampire. Don't know his name but who cares?

It comes from an Anime Van hellsing.

Well the anime is called Hellsing and not Van Hellsing and the vampire's name is Alucard (in some subtitles it is spelled Arucard).

...what can I say? I know my vampires.

Practically everyone has square-framed avatars so I went for something different. Plus Xizor is my second favourite villain after Palps. It's a rich and multi-layered background story to my avatar, I know.

Archived