Home

What would you do for a million dollars?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, i've never thought about this one. maybe i'd finally break down and attempt to play the Final Fantasy games. no guarentees on actually finishing them, much less any guarentees on the "wholeness" of your Playstation controller..... :rolleyes:

of course, i could try listening to some boy bands for two hours w/o puking my guts out.... :xp:

Probaly jump off a cliff into a stickerbush WITH a parachute with my clothes lit on fire.
then you'd need the million dollars for hospital expenses, at least in the US. :rolleyes:

Well $1m is only a little over half a million pounds over here which is barely gonna get you a good house in London. Still, I might be willing to listen to all the Jar-Jar dialogue from Eps 1 and 2 spliced together and then looped over and over for 24 hours straight...

...Well maybe 12 hours straight...

...6 hours...

...5 minutes...

nah, forget it.

Originally posted by RedHawke

A Million Dollars doesn't go very far, a half-decent house will set you back at least half to 3/4 of the million alone... add a nice vehicle to that and you are almost broke... :(

Just a thought...

Houses must cost a lot more where you are. :indif: And cars.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Houses must cost a lot more where you are. :indif: And cars.

It's all about location ;)

In TN, you can get a really nice house for around $150,000 - $250,000

but go to New York where the market value just recently went up and just a loft lease can easily run you a half-million... :eek:

Originally posted by Lion54

A million dollars isn't as much as it used to be. Have you ever noticed how many lotto winners go bankrupt?

That's because humans are stupid. They get a million and instead of spending responsibly, they go on spending sprees and end up flushing all of their cash on crappy stuff.

^^^^

well, that would depend on how you look at it. first, you have to realize that most people don't really make money: they spend it. the 10% of the American population that actually makes money also hold over 90% of America's wealth. the other 90% of the population, on the other hand, is largely in debt and lives from paycheck to paycheck.

now, when you look at the lottery, you have to realize that the large majority of those that buy the lotto tickets are those that spend money instead of making it. if they're used to spending money all the time, an increase in money is only going to increase their spending. thats why the lottery winners usually end up broke: the winners just keep doing the same things they've always done, and thats to spend money.

its not that they're stupid, its just that they don't realize that investment (making money) is a much better choice than to continually spend their money.

Archived