Home

Fantastic Four

ET Warrior

So I went and saw this movie last night, and I have to say, while I wasn't expecting a very good movie, I actually enjoyed myself.

don't get me wrong, this wasn't a good movie, it was corny, silly, and in some places downright retarded. However, it had a lot of funny moments, some cool effects, and was overal just entertaining.

Not something I will probably see again, unless it's on TV or somebody is going to pay for my ticket, but I still think it's worth a see if you're like me and a comic-book movie junkie.

The best part was where they tried to get me to believe Jessica Alba went to MIT, though the fact that she was "brainy" led to a scene with her in glasses trying to look nerdy, and good lord that's hot.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

So I went and saw this movie last night...

Would you recommend it?

I have heard stuff from some friends who saw it and they said it blew chunks but my grandma...:p ..... went and saw it with my cousin and said it was entertaining.

I am getting mixed opinions and I need to know the facts bacause I dont wanna wast $ 9.75 like I did for Madagascar.:mad:

'Course I saw her in Sin City, but she wasn't nerded out, so she didn't have the nerd-girl hawtness.

I would recommend seeing this movie if you're notinterested in anything "goog" but you just want to be entertained bya movie with some moderately neato moments, effects, and humorous parts.

i was a marvel devil whle the F4 and Xmen ruled the comic... but as per trailer i will stay away from this one... another sad pitiful exploit to try and copy the great ones originality by making an adept comic book movie... ( see catwoman or electra for similar reference) or Just see disneys The Incredibles... they all have more or less the EXACT same powers however it is more pleasing to the eye....

looks like the sort of film that goves comic book movies a bad name and makes everyone think comic book (movie) fans are dumb adolescents... :(

I think like catwoman and elektra i'll give it a miss on principle...

..topless!!What movie!?!

Yeah, i saw Fantastic 4 the other night and really enjoyed it. It had funny parts to it, but i felt there could a bit more action to it. In the end it all culminated to one fightscene, and it wasn't wonderful heh. But if your up for some good one liners and some suttle adult humor, its definately a good watch.

and if you like jessica alba :p

Originally posted by Nalukai

i was a marvel devil whle the F4 and Xmen ruled the comic... but as per trailer i will stay away from this one... another sad pitiful exploit to try and copy the great ones originality by making an adept comic book movie... ( see catwoman or electra for similar reference) or Just see disneys The Incredibles... they all have more or less the EXACT same powers however it is more pleasing to the eye....

You know, that's a good point.

Mr. Incredible = The Thing

Elastigirl = Mr. Stretchy :p

Violet = Inviso + forcefield

Dash = The Torch...just minus the fire (ie the speed)

Originally posted by BongoBob

I think spidey is overrated >.> <.<

I know spidey is overrated.

Anyways, BOT, Comix should stay the way they are. Superheroes are meant to be comic book material, not movies. There are tons of examples. Somebody take a look at the early Batmans and of course, Ultraman (will need searchy).

Well, i watched the first half of the 1994 Fantastic Four movie last night (which i don't think counts as being a naughty boy as it was never officially released). Rather silly... makes you remember a time when low-budget movies couldn't cover their weaknesses with CGI, and when not all film had to start with an action sequence. I'm half way through and they haven't actually DONE any superheroing yet :D

Jessica Alba has always been hot, but she's never been in anything good (well, cept sin city... but she hardly "stars" in that). What with teh interwebs and all i no longer watch bad films simply cos they have hot girls in them. (plus i left my teens :D )

I do like Ioan Gruffudd though, shame his first major US role is in a average x-men knockoff. (which to be fair the F4 always was, even in comic book form).

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Sexy but not young librarian type of sexy hotness.

*thinks about what Jessica Alba would look like as a librarian*

*falls over and drools*

I always figured Alba to be like Depp, she could be dressed as a homeless person and we'd all still wanna ... yeah.

Hmm, it was pretty good. You know, enjoyable if a bit dumb. The acting is okay, not exactly the best, but I really had a good time. I saw it with my two little brothers and they thought it was GREAT, so that made it really fun. Plus seeing the influences of the Incredibles was cool. :)

I liked X-men and Spiderman 1-2. Batman begins is AWESOME, and the Incredibles rocks. :D

Archived