Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats either Hellsing, or one of the Vampire Hunter D animes... but it looks more like Hellsing to me. ^_^

Yup, it's Hellsing ;)

The Teen Titans is anime-ish as they use alot of common elements and stylizations (especially in emotion expression). Though it wouldn't probably be 'classified' as such if you were to go shopping for it on DVD...

I personally would include it at least within the genre, but not to the level of some other, more traditional styles...

They are making an anime version of PPG over in Japan, but I forget what its called... it does end in Z though (so I think they are equating it with dbZ). O_o

I'll be honest with everyone. I used to watch the Powerpuff Girls.

I think it's pure heresy the way they changed things for the "japanese version". Frankly, it looks like crap.

Now I'm pissed! Tonight on Cartoon Network, Justice League Unlimited was preempted by the end of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie! That's just wrong on so many levels!

Other signs of heresy. We must purge the world of crappy anime. Justice League Unlimited rules.

hehe I liked Him as well... Im sure its ambiguousness was intentional ^_^

Well so far, western anime hasnt been anything I liked a great deal, Teen Titans is ok, but Ive never been a huge fan of super hero cartoons.

Hmmmm, would Teen Titans count as anime? Even though I am past the "Y7" rating that All TV shows are required to show I still like it ^_^

I would certainly say that Teen Titans qualifies as Anime. I know I have a hard time bringing myself to sit through the remainder of the show while I wait on Justice League Unlimited to come on. Personally, I think Teen Titans suck.

According to imdb, Teen Titans is made in the USA.

I don't think it matters. Besides, the end credits have quite a few Asian names in them, so I would imagine that there is a good bit of Japanese artists working on it even though it is produced in the USA.

Well, there was pokemon.. man that was awesome... im joking. :D

Nah, but Im a huge fan of Escaflowne. It inspired me to start drawing. Its also an inspiration for a 3D project I am starting. I loved the series on Fox, but I hate how Fox ruined the episodes, cutting them up, removing all the cool stuff. Oh well. I've never seen the uncut version, nor an episode after number 9 (which really wasn't episode 9 because Fox cut up episodes, mixed them up and just screwed everything up!) They didn't even air the first epsiode (what the?) And I can't stand how terrot cards got mixed in with the episodes. At least hitomi doesn't use them in the movie.

Anyways, about three weeks ago I found the movie on Amazon and bought. Well worth $20. Brand new also.. couldn't believe it. The movie was amazing. They animated the characters so much better than in the cartoon. Look at my sig and avatar. My only two gripes for the movie was how they gave Folken long hair, and how Van didn't kick his butt. I mean, he was brutal with Dilandou.... I cringed.. seriously. The characters in the movie are totally different than in the series (I mean, they are the same characters, they just have different personalities)

Anyways, enough about that, as you can see, I completley enjoyed the movie, and when I get some money I am going to buy the series. Really though, Escaflowne is one awesome anime, and worth a try.

Heres a site I found with some video clips from the episode (these are in English, some sites have japanese) http://myanimeclips.50megs.com/escaflowne-zip.htm

I would recommend the Van and Alan Spar clip, and the Van saves hitomi clip. They are probably the best. Oh.. and the movie trailer. BTW, this site has other anime clips.

They are zipped, low quality, and require a special audio codec which is really easy to find. Windows Media Player will tell you to check online for the codec, then just follow the links.. you'll find it

As for the anime/cartoons being for kids:

In Japan they treat this stuff with a higher "respect" fully grown adults watch cartoons, anime, and play video games. Where as western culture has made this stuff out to be for kids. Mom keeps saying to me "Aren't you too old for video games and cartoons?" lol.

As for the anime/cartoons being for kids:

In Japan they treat this stuff with a higher "respect" fully grown adults watch cartoons, anime, and play video games. Where as western culture has made this stuff out to be for kids. Mom keeps saying to me "Aren't you too old for video games and cartoons?" lol.

I know I haven't outgrown either, and I am in my mid-30s! So more power to ya! But, as I stated before, the only anime that was ever worth its weight in gold was Starblazers (aka. Battleship Yamato) and that was 25 years ago. After that, anime just wasn't interesting anymore.

Ok well i dont watch anime they are pretty funny but i dont.

anyhow do we have any anime artists here im not very good at it but im a good for comic book art warcraft art (not only warcraft but i say warcraft becaus they have a comic crossed with cartoon style).

so... any types on drawing anime?

Ok well i dont watch anime they are pretty funny but i dont.

anyhow do we have any anime artists here im not very good at it but im a good for comic book art warcraft art (not only warcraft but i say warcraft becaus they have a comic crossed with cartoon style).

so... any types on drawing anime?

I say, "Abandon styles that are not your own!" That is the only way you will ever get anywhere with art. If you are content to be contained within the envelope (like 1st class mail) instead of pushing the envelope (like Priority or Express Mail), you will be thrown in with millions of other letters. ;) If you keep "crossing styles," eventually you will come up with your own.

As for drawing anime, sure, I have done it if only to prove to my students that even someone without a love for the genre can draw it without thought.

Archived