Home

What strategy did you use to kill Malak?

The Doctor

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only fought him on an easy skill level but am playing again on normal with the hardcore mod installed so it should be a little harder ;)

Mostly I use my most powerful attack (Critical Strike, Flurry etc.) and then when I get to the 50% hitpoints mark use the gianormous amount of medpacs that I found while going through the levels of the starfroge. I just repeat the process until we have one dead sith lord. :)

Yeah, I tried that cheat and it is nice. Right before the dialog cuts out the first time, poof! and malak is a green dancing twilek. You start dancing also, hehe... Anyways, he was ridicoulessly easy, one of the times. I had two sabers and used master flurry on him. His health went down fast. Other than that, I had drain life, so if malak got me when I was killing the trapped jedi, they healed me up. I didn't really use many stims, just a few life support packs.

I have two saved games right before malak that I haven't deleted, so I tried some things. Laying a bunch of mines right before you go into battle is nice, I mean, hey, you ain't gonna need 'em any more!! They don't do much damage, otherwise, but a lot will help a little bit. The other thing you can do, is leave one jedi alive, and then get him down enough to where he uses it. Wait until the cutscene is over, and then immediately start throwing thermal detonaters at him, you should have a bunch. I was able to throw about 8-10 at him, taking away a good amount of his health before slicing him up with my two sabers.

hehehe... I fought him Guardian to Guardian, swapping hits pretty much...

once I beat him down, I'd immediately follow him and Drain Life the Jedi he was running towards ;) (gotta have Force Speed just to keep up with him though)

If I couldn't, then I'd drain the nearest "feeder tank", or line up a few mines while he was re-charging. Malak isn't very bright... if you stand.. you can bait him to walk through a line of mines.. if you run from him, only then he'll Force Jump you ;)

How did you kill Darth Malak? I used a massive amount of stims, and stopped at the end of eery combat round to use a life support pack. My lightsaber was pretty weak, so it took me a while.

Force Breach + Force Kill + Force Kill. Repeat until he runs out of Jedi corpses to drain. As a Consular with strong Wisdom focus he rarely made his saving throws. :)

(I usually left his Jedi Medpacks alone, since the battle would be over too quickly if he couldn't use them.)

I usually started by running away from him w/force speed and draining all the jedi first. then I'd get between him and the last one and get to fisticuffs... if I needed the last jedi's health/force I'd drain him or if I didn't, i'd just make sure to do it before malak needs it. No more regenerating for him. Take away his advantage first... then have a 'fair' fight. :xp:

When I went LS and DS scoundrel and consular I had a butt-load of mines. So I set all of them on the bridge you crosss before you confront him. I just got rid of all the Jedi with force wave or somethin for LS. You cn guess what I used for DS. But after that I ran to the minefield and he followed me right into it. He had a little sliver of life left after that cool chain reaction of explosions so I just used a strength stim and bye bye Malak!!

I am able to defeated Malak without dying. I use level 8 soldier/level 12 Jedi Guardian. I use most damageing upgrade crysal to make my DoubleBlade saber powerful. My stat:

At start, STR 16 (at level 20 I added five point to STR make it 21) DEX 12, CON 16, INT 10, CHA 10, and WIS 10. At level 20, I had Master Toughness, Master two hand fighting, and Master furry I wanted to use. I put in Death Field as my force power, no matter which side, light side or dark side, I used it to take out jedi in stasis prison after Malak drain first jedi. After I take out all jedi then I turned to Malak and defeated him, I had to use life support to keep me healed while fighting Malak instead of my force Heal, I only used it between battle.

Malak is pretty easy, but the first file I made I literally could not defeat him. I was only level 16 with a single bladed lightsaber. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of upgrades and combat yet, so I didn't know how to upgrade my lightsaber. I also was uncomfortable leveling up my characters myself (I was worried I would make my character weak) so I used Auto Level Up. Needless to say, my character sucked.

Easiest way to kill Malak. Make sure your lightsaber is fully upgraded so it is as powerful as it can be, this shouldnt be too hard at this point and you shouldve already done this and destroy all of the jedi containers in the room *except for one* so he cannot regenerate multiple times. Try to kill Malak with force storm and your lightsaber, he will run and drain the last jedi dry and will be at full health again. When he does this, use whatever health item you have to get back to full strength then go unleash all your force powers and lightsaber attacks on him until hes dead and then you can watch the final movie.

My first time through I just fought him with some shields and a few life support packs.

My next few times I hit him a bit ran 'till I regained my force points and healed myself :smash:.

It took me ages to kill him my first time round.

Let's see....I played LS characters

Lots of stims/shield

Thermal detonator (I had to catch him before he started running)

Force wave will actually work sometimes

Master speed to run around to get all the other jedi (you can outrun him with that)

Destroy droid all the other jedi (only takes 1 zap with that)

Adv throw lightsaber works well if you stay far enough away and have good upgrades on it

Master speed+master flurry with 2 upgraded LS works well too.

Use lifepaks instead of heal power to save forcepoints

when the heck do you guys have time to lay mines except maybe just as you enter his room??

:-) I'm usually running around like a maniac fighting him.

I...fight him tell I trigger the cutscene where

he talks about the "dead" Jedi in the containers,

and Force Drains the one Jedi to regain his health.

At that point, my Force Powers have regenerated.

Then, I run around, away from him, going in

between two containers and using

EITHER Force Storm or Drain Life.--I mean..

..Death Field (even if I am LS).

Then, after every single one of the captured Jedis

are destroyed, (I surprisingly used very little Force Points

(even when LS), I turn around to face him [Darth Malak]

and use Force Storm on him (about) 2 times. Then, I

use a grenade (either Plasma OR Frag) right when he is in melee

range. (I don't care if it hurts me...I just *press start, go to the

items menu, and use a(n) Advanced Medpac OR Lifepack

(whatever it is called), then press start, again*, and start attacking Malak with Master Critical Strike, Master Flurry, and Normal Attack (whatever it's called)...and he goes down (pretty easily, I might add!).

In the final conversation I choose the LS options (unless I'm following the DS path, and sided with Bastila

on the Rakatan Temple on the Unknown World

), and it is finally finished....

..Well..then there is the cut scene, the Ebon Hawk escaped from the Star Forge, and you and your party members receive medals (LS ending) ... or watch the DS ending (Reven as the Sith Lord, and Bastila as Reven's appentice)...

THEN...It ends!

(actually it doesn't) ...It doesn't end because then, you just go play KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords

(LoL)

--------

Kinda long! Oh, Well...

:newbie:

:lock:

:newbie: <<<Don't be a Newb and get your thread locked>>>

I was playing LS Guardian, dual upgraded lightsabers. Force wave, force stasis (cant rem if he was immune to one of them), master flurry, when he goes to recharge, run after him and hit him with a thermal detonator then a concussion grenade, thermal detonator again then flurry. After that he had to recharge again and... Lather, rinse, repeat.

Are you calling me a noob?

I was just testing out an idea for a signature..and...trying to be funny (warning people that if you act like a newb..you'll PROBABLY get your thread locked)

Just having fun (and tryin out a sig idea) --sry for the inconvenience--

Archived