Home

The Jedi Knight/Dark Forces Trivia Thread

RobQel-Droma

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not an error. He built a new lightsaber after Mysteries of the Sith, you know, when he fell to the dark side at that Sith temple.

but why would he go build a new one right when he vowed never to use the Force again? He gets too close to the dark side, has that "fight" with Mara Jade, sees the error of his ways, then builds a new saber just to give it to luke and go, "Here luke, I built myself a new saber, but I'm not gonna use it because I'm not gonna use the Force anymore!" That makes no sense.

• 2 months later...
but why would he go build a new one right when he vowed never to use the Force again? He gets too close to the dark side, has that "fight" with Mara Jade, sees the error of his ways, then builds a new saber just to give it to luke and go, "Here luke, I built myself a new saber, but I'm not gonna use it because I'm not gonna use the Force anymore!" That makes no sense.

That's not how it went down. After MotS, he never said that he would quit the Force. He said that he would have to be "tutored" basically by Mara. Part of this training was building a new lightsaber. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Guess I'm not uber-l33t, I have no idea...

Nice to see that this thread has somehow jolted itself back into operation - I see we have gone from 2006 to 2008 in a matter of a few posts.

He's Kyle Katarn. Kyle could see the future and know that he needed the lightsaber in JO, so he build it ahead of time. Just check out the Katarn thread in Ahto to see what I mean...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived