Home

How old is the Exile?

Tysyacha

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say mid to late thirties...
I'd say just slightly older than this. Probably late 30's/early 40's. Figure he/she was about 30 during the Mandalorian Wars (any younger and "General" seems implausable), about 10 year later, blah blah blah, and there you are.

Well, a few things:

1) Atris seem to be not too much older than Exile, maybe even younger (mad makeup + chainsmoking must be).

2) Mira seems to be the type who prefers "older" man, and not into young choir boys, and yet she thinks Exile is old.

3) Exile was already high Ranked, and seasoned vet general when he was at M-V.

So, Exile would be AT LEAST at his late 20s or early 30s even when M-V incident occurrs.

My guess is Exile being at his late 30s when the game starts.

Humor mode on: If Exile's a female, she's 29, one or more unspecified times. :giggle1: Because (according to Mary Kay Ash) a woman who will tell her age will tell anything. :p

Seriously, in a very brief research into 'youngest general,' the youngest I found was 25 (a Brit--R.B. Bradford, during WWI) and the youngest American general I could find in my short research was 34 (Custer, with Nathan Bedford Forrest a close second at 35. MacArthur and James Byrne also made general at a young age), though there may be others who are youner still. I didn't search in great detail, though it was rather interesting. The extensive skills required to create appropriate strategy to lead an entire division/corps/etc. effectively through a war into victory are not things you can learn quickly or at a really young age. There's just too many things to learn to be a good general and it requires time to master those skills.

Granted, during war promotions happen more quickly (and consequently at a younger age), and we are talking about Jedi here, who have extraordinary talents. However, if you base SW age very loosely on our experience here, Exile would have to be early 40's at least, and probably somewhat older (early to mid-30's plus 10ish years after Mandalorian Wars). My 2 bits for this....

IMO the whole "general"-argument does not really count in the SW-universe ... after Ep2 almost all jedi knights were made Generals regardless of their age - see e.g. Ayla Secura.

Also, I believe the game states that mostly the young jedi went to fight against the Mandalorians.

27 years in my opinion.
That seems unlikely, since it has been 10 years since he/she was a general in the Mandalorian Wars, which lasted several years (3 IIRC). I highly doubt he/she was 14-15 year old general of Republic Forces, especially since Kenobi was still a padawan at 25...

I think it depends on the gender you choose for the Exile. Most of the male heads for the Exile look 35 or so, while some of the female heads for the Exile look to as early as 25, which is unrealistic.

Well, we all know no one wants to play as a female without proper plastic surgery...

I mean sure you can make a female head that is well past her prime, and metapause... but who will use it? :) I mean, we have Kriea, and its already enough. Ok... Atris would give a good head, but thats a unique head, and not available as PC.

That aside, I think late 30s would be a good guess, though things in starwars tend to work differently, obi/Anakin is relatively young when he is made general/commander. And obviously, females get the "special treatment" of being even younger.

the Mandalorian Wars, which lasted several years (3 IIRC)

Where did you get that number?

Anyway if you look at the time at how long it passed since the Mandalorian Wars, you will realise that it was 9 years instead of 10 years, and if it really was 3 years, the Exile's age would be (considering that he [she] was 18 when he [she] joined the war) 30 years.

One of the loadscreen hints says that the Sith War began two and a half years ago.

Then that means that the Exile served seven and a half years before KOTOR 2. Which means that even if the Exile was 20 years old, he [she] would still be the number I guessed. The top year is 32 years, I think; but I stick with 27 years.

IMO the whole "general"-argument does not really count in the SW-universe ... after Ep2 almost all jedi knights were made Generals regardless of their age - see e.g. Ayla Secura.

Also, I believe the game states that mostly the young jedi went to fight against the Mandalorians.

Knights and Masters were made Generals, while Padawans were made commanders.

Where did you get that number?
The games, as well as various other sources.

Anyway if you look at the time at how long it passed since the Mandalorian Wars, you will realise that it was 9 years instead of 10 years, and if it really was 3 years, the Exile's age would be (considering that he [she] was 18 when he [she] joined the war) 30 years.
Regardless, 18 is likely too young to have become a full-fledged Jedi Knight, master strategist, and warrior at that age.

I'd say just slightly older than this. Probably late 30's/early 40's. Figure he/she was about 30 during the Mandalorian Wars (any younger and "General" seems implausable), about 10 year later, blah blah blah, and there you are.

Quoted for emphasis :)

(Woo! Got there before RedHawke :xp:)

As for Atris: Why would she be younger? She has white hair, which is greying at the root! She's not Echani, she's just old. And as the saying goes, there's no fool like an old fool...

Archived