Home

Tattoo Discussion

Darth Groovy

Last tattoo I got was this one my right forearm when I was 22:armtat.jpg

I'll be 32 come this April 11. I am ready for another tattoo, but I am kind of indecisive. I know I want a Skinny Puppy logo on my left forearm, because I had decided years ago, that I wanted a Skinny Puppy logo on my left forearm. Problem is, which logo looks better?

This is the original logo:

And this is the logo that appeared on the latest album in '04, and the one in my sig:

Thm1553_dcp05724.JPG

Which one should I get?

Also, going to get this logo on the small of my back:

140981628_m.jpg

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I like the original symbol better. It would look a lot cleaner than the other one. You know what I mean? The red around the other one kind of makes it look wierd, and washed out a little. But it might just be that the black background makes the white standout better.

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I like the original symbol better. It would look a lot cleaner than the other one. You know what I mean? The red around the other one kind of makes it look wierd, and washed out a little. But it might just be that the black background makes the white standout better.

I would get either logo in ALL BLACK ink to match my other tat on my other arm. I am thinking THAT particular person added the red for the blood look, which is just not me, and red ink doesn't take too good in my skin pigment. I was KIND of leaning towards the original logo, because I am old school, but I really like the new design of the new logo, so I am just not sure. :(

I would get either logo in ALL BLACK ink to match my other tat on my other arm. I am thinking THAT particular person added the red for the blood look, which is just not me, and red ink doesn't take too good in my skin pigment. I was KIND of leaning towards the original logo, because I am old school, but I really like the new design of the new logo, so I am just not sure.

Yeah, the original one would look better. But don't take my word for it, du dun dunt.:)

Tatto's = perminate....also getting older = wrinkling.

ya, my uncle got a tatto of a jaguar and now, like 16 years later, u can't tell where its head is, it just looks like a blob of ink with 4 lines poking out of the bottom of it, and it hurts to get them taken out.

though tattoos are cool, to some degree.

I don't know if i'll ever be able to get over my crippling needle-phobia, but I'd really like the rebel alliance logo / Empire logo at some point.
at least with a tatoo gun.. you can't "see" the needles... suckers are running a several thousand RPM's (yah, I'm sure that helps.. hehehe)

and depending on where you get it... hurts no worse than getting punched in the arm (arm being the key term here) ;)

Slug Bug! * whack! *

@Darth Groovy, The original looks much better IMO.. plus, if you're a big fan (Skinny Puppy), I think homage to the "old school" version would be more 'satisfying'... again, IMO :)

Hmmm, a tattoo of a certain lightning bolt on a certain part of my forehead would be certainly interesting.

Looky! I'm copyright infinging! *Dances as WB sends cease and desist threats*

Tattoos are a bad idea IMO. I don't wanna be old with a picture of 50 Cent on my shoulder. :p

Heh... If I ever get a tattoo, it would be the Argonath on either my chest or the pelvis area. Of course the two trees are also quite a thing to fantasize about on my arms or chest.

Or then something like this: http://www.hismasterstattoo.com/Galleries/Markus/pages/00022.htm

However, this might never happen. I can't stand needles and the whole permanent thing worries me. And there's also the thing that I can't get them for another four years and even then I doubt that I'll have the money/guts to get a tattoo... >.>

Archived