Home

Old Star Wars Games

Diego Varen

Are there any old Star Wars Games you still play from time to time? There is for me. They are:

1. Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Playstation): This was my very first Playstation Game, along with another, but this was one of my favourite Games. It had challenge and you could play as four Characters. This is a very addictive Game for me.

2. Star Wars - Episode I: Jedi Power Battles (Playstation): I don't really like this as much as TPM, but it did offer the chance to play as other Characters like Mace Windu and Darth Maul.

3. Star Wars: Starfighter (PS2): The first Star Wars Game I'd played, which had you in the Cockpit. Not my favourite Game ever, but it was alright.

4. Star Wars Saga (PC): The original Battlefront for me. Even though it has 2D graphics, I still find it playable.

There are more, but those are four that I play occasionally. So what do you play?

When the Gameboy colour was first released, I bought it. It was my first contact with gaming, and soon after the release (1998) The Phantom Mencase hit the cinema. After that. I quickly bought Episode 1 racer with the rumble, and Yoda Stories.

When the Gamecube launched, the first game I bought was Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue leader. Shortly followed by Jedi Knight 2.

When I finally had enough money to buy a PC (2004) I bought Kotor 1, followed by Kotor 2. I 'got' Jedi Academy from a friend too...

That's my SW-gaming history. Quit sucky, imo...

(I should have started gaming earlier! Now I have missed to much :( )

My all-time favorite Star Wars game/games were the Star Wars: Rebel Assault (II), I used to play that all the time back on my IBM <--- WOW! You wanna see old, check out the PC requirements:

PC CD-Rom Minimum Requirements

1. 50 MHz 486 or better

2. 8 Megabytes Memory

3. Double-Speed, MPC Level 2 CD-Rom drive

4. 256-Color VGA Video Card, (For High Resolution Mode, VESA-compatible requires, PCI or VLB recommended)

5. Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster Pro, Sound Blaster 16, AWE 32, Pro Audio Spectrum, Gravis Ultrasound, Aria, Ensoniq Soundscape, or 100% compatible sound card.

6. Dos 6.0 or Windows 95

7. Microsoft 100% compatible mouse required. Joystick recommended.

Those were my favorite games, I would still play it if I could figure out how to get it to work on my current PC :( After those games I played the X-Wing game, TIE fighter game, X-wing vs. TIE, I even had Behind the Magic and Star Wars Dark Forces. Hmmm, after that I guess it would be the N64 games, I had Shadows of the Empire, Rouge Squadron (great game), Episode I Race, and Episode I Battle for Naboo. After that I think I moved to the PS2 era with Battlefront, then back to the PC with KotOR, TSL and even SWG (I got absorbed into that game for quite a while). Oh and I also have the Episode III game for PS2... it was free, and I've played Lego Star Wars on the Xbox... that game was surprisingly fun. How I wish I could still play Rebel Assault II though... I'm gonna cry now.

Jedi Outcast, Galactic Battlegrounds, Jedi Power Battles, Force Commander, Podracer (best TPM game ever IMO), Rogue Squadron, and Battle for Naboo. I haven't played most of those for a while, but I'll still play some of them occasionaly. Damn, this brings back the memories....

I going to show my age:

Dark Forces, Jedi Knight Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith, X Wing, Tie Fighter, Rebel Assault I; Rebel Assult II, Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. I also have Jedi Outcast for the xbox. I still play Jedi Academy from time to time.

Done that... ;)

The X-Wing and Tie Fighter games are what sucked me in.

You know, that Empire game came out probably 10 years before some of these 'kids' were born. ;P

I was in college when some of the other console/PC games came out and couldn't afford them. The choice was either buy a video game or buy ramen noodles for dinner.

Are there any old Star Wars Games you still play from time to time? There is for me. They are:

1. Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Playstation): This was my very first Playstation Game, along with another, but this was one of my favourite Games. It had challenge and you could play as four Characters. This is a very addictive Game for me.

2. Star Wars - Episode I: Jedi Power Battles (Playstation): I don't really like this as much as TPM, but it did offer the chance to play as other Characters like Mace Windu and Darth Maul.

3. Star Wars: Starfighter (PS2): The first Star Wars Game I'd played, which had you in the Cockpit. Not my favourite Game ever, but it was alright.

4. Star Wars Saga (PC): The original Battlefront for me. Even though it has 2D graphics, I still find it playable.

There are more, but those are four that I play occasionally. So what do you play?

Is there somewhere to download the Star Wars Saga game on the internet, I've seen it once, but I didn't grab it when I had the chance... At least where I might be able to download it?

So true...

Atari put out (among many others) 80 Classic games in One! for PC (and I believe some consoles). I'm in Circus Atari heaven. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Empire.

I can't seem to find a version of Empire for PC, but it seems you can find used cartridges online, if you have a 2600 still around, that is. ;P

@maverick--I used to love ramen noodles, but I haven't eaten them since my nursing school days. I had about 30 bucks or so to tide me over for the first 6 weeks of school til I could get my first paycheck from my new job. Since I could get the ramen noodles for about 10 for a dollar, I ate a package or 2 every single day for those 6 weeks (along with peanut butter sandwiches and mac 'n cheese without the milk--couldn't afford it) til I had money to go grocery shopping again and get real food. I haven't been able to eat ramen noodles since. :)

The game I probably got the most milage out of was Dark Forces. Got the followup to it. Others played include MOTS, Force Commander, JO, Rebel Assault. Also have BF and RC, though haven't played either yet.

As to asides about ramen noodles, never could eat those things w/o dressing them up (meat, veggies, etc..).

:mult1: you eat Ramen noodles too! :D I prefer Sapporo Ichiban Numba 1!!

I prefer the Kirin Ichiban, and now that you mention it, toss in an order of Anago, Hamachi, and Unagi with a few Ebi on the side.

...and don't forget the wasabi.

Dash Rendar and his bounty hunter escaping adventures at the time of 'Empire' still calls to me from time to time.

The music was awesome as well as the fact that you were parallel to the movie and it made me feel like I was a part of the story.

...especially with Vader and Fett showing up occasionally. It was very cool for it's time.

@ Jae, Oh, the Atari2600, those were the days.

...as I sit in my rocking chair on the porch scratching my bald head and reminiscing of the good old days of Bomb pops, Super Sugar Crisp, floppy discs that were actually floppy and storage measured in bytes.

@Commander I could never get past the confrontation with IG-88 on Ord Mantel. I'd always have to get my brother to beat him for me. Do you remember the train level?

Archived