Home

Steve Irwin is dead.

TK-8252

At the risk of getting flamed, I will say this. It's wrong for us to act like he's an important person in death, when most of us wouldn't be talking about him otherwise. It's implying that death makes him a better person, worthy of talking about.

Wow, you're kinda mean, saying that we shouldn't care about someone who died because he wasn't important. We've all seen his shows, we all thought he was kinda crazy in a funny way and somewhat annoying. But I'm pretty sure no one wished death on him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the risk of getting flamed, I will say this. It's wrong for us to act like he's an important person in death, when most of us wouldn't be talking about him otherwise. It's implying that death makes him a better person, worthy of talking about.

And related to the news, I think it ironic that he died from a stingray sting while making a documentary about "demistifying the stingray". Though a crocodile getting him would've been much more ironic.

So, using your logic, if your mother was to die I shouldn't give a damn?

Yeah, Rouge's argument didn't make that much sense...

but man... I just got a bulletin about this on myspace and I scoffed thinking "Stupid myspace, Steve Irwin can't die, this is just another myth!" Then directly after that I came here... man... so sad.

:(

And related to the news, I think it ironic that he died from a stingray sting while making a documentary about "demistifying the stingray". Though a crocodile getting him would've been much more ironic.

Many of us liked his show on animal planet, it's like for instance...Bob Barker having a heart attack and dying while spinning the wheel for a sweet old lady...many have watched The Price is Right show, it would just seem weird not seeing him as the host anymore. Also anyone remember when Mr. Rogers died? That was a sad day as well. At least there are still Jeff Corwin...and Wildboyz..

There's been a lot of talk down here (in Aust.) about Steve. Turns out that he wasnt really that rich at all, nearly all the money he received from doing promotions, tv shows, movie .. was used to preserve wildlife. He bought out acres of land for heritage and ran a zoo in Queensland (state in Aust).

RIP mate

I didn't say you can't give a damn, but these people are elevating Steve Irwin like he was a god.

If everyone loved him so much, why did his movie stink at the box office? If his name is so universally loved, people would've watched it based on his name alone.

I'm just saying that it's wrong that suddenly everyone is a major fan. If it had been Bill Nye who had died instead of Steve Irwin, we would be going "What about Steve Irwin? That Croc guy?".

I admit his death was a sad thing, but we're mourning like we just lost Abraham Lincoln again or something.

And I've going to stop on this reply for now because I am seriously afraid I'll get banned.

well, hes done alot more than all of us here put together, and alot more than we could hope to do at that. Although i didnt religiously follow his shows, whenever it on a channel and i flicked across it i would watch, and he was one of the people that sparked my interest in animals in general.

R.I.P to a legend.

I didn't say you can't give a damn, but these people are elevating Steve Irwin like he was a god.

I won't say he's god, but when a celeb dies it makes the news, and I would definatly call him a celebrity.

If everyone loved him so much, why did his movie stink at the box office? If his name is so universally loved, people would've watched it based on his name alone.

First off, I didn't even know he had a movie. Second off, you my friend can f*** off. His movie didn't do well probably because it sucked.

I'm just saying that it's wrong that suddenly everyone is a major fan. If it had been Bill Nye who had died instead of Steve Irwin, we would be going "What about Steve Irwin? That Croc guy?".

WTF? That didn't even make sense. If Bill Nye died alot of people would still be sad, and I don't think anyone would have said anything about steve irwin. Everyone a major fan? Everybody knowing his name and saying it sucks that he died is more like it. And yes, he did have alot of true fans.

I admit his death was a sad thing, but we're mourning like we just lost Abraham Lincoln again or something.

Excuse me, but the man was a saint when it came to wildlife preservation. The man educated many on animals through his show and his many documentaries. In short, he's done more for animals than you'll probaly ever do, and has greatly helped the world. What have you done?

And I've going to stop on this reply for now because I am seriously afraid I'll get banned.

F*** that, if I wanna state my mind I'm damn well going to.

Its a shame he had to put himself in danger all the time just to get ratings.. but i guess that is how our culture works today.. you've gotta be more and more extreme just to get noticed. It can't be long before one of the Jackass lot kills themselves and the video makes a fortune. *sigh*

Apparently they have the whole thing on tape.

I could never tell if he really cared about animals or not.. he always seemed to be to be just osmeone desperate to be famous, and willing to do anything to get it. But if he gave all his money to preserve wildlife then maybe i was wrong.

google_ebay_grab.jpg

I wasn't disrespecting the dead. I was just tired of everyone else kissing the @$$ of the dead.

Kissin the ass of the dead when his ass needs to be kissed. He ran the Australian zoo since 1991, and he donated damn near all his money to wildlife charities. I don't know about you, but I say that ass deserves to be kissed.

Kissin the ass of the dead when his ass needs to be kissed. He ran the Australian zoo since 1991, and he donated damn near all his money to wildlife charities. I don't know about you, but I say that ass deserves to be kissed.

So when was the last time you visited the Australian zoo, or helped out these wildlife charities?

Why not pay tribute to the hundreds/thousands that have died since Steve's death? Were those other people just not important? Is Steve Irwin a better person than them?

And FYI, I'm not personally against you or Steve Irwin. I barely knew the guy(much like you). I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here.

I don't think there's a need to play the devil's advocate in this place.

The point of this thread is in mourning of Steve Irwin. You don't need to compare him to any other dead celebrities, because many others have been respected and mourned as well. Steve Irwin was a great man, no matter how you look at it, who impacted the world. Case closed. No need for arguing.

RIP Steve.

Archived