Home

Cloaking Devices

tk102

Where do you think American's got there idea for F-22 anyways? The Russians. In fact, if it weren't for the fall of Communism, Russia would have had some of the most powerful flying jets ever made on Earth. The Americans are just boasting. The Russian planes are easily way more powerful... :p

Just look at the MiG-21, or the Su-37/47. They're all planes of excellence.

That's why I still don't trust the Russians, just because they're not communist anymore that doesn't make them trustworthy at all...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's why I still don't trust the Russians, just because they're not communist anymore that doesn't make them trustworthy at all...

Yeah, I'm sure they're all after you right now. The whole country of Russia is one big meanie. I suggest you go and hide from them.

How about at least trying to stay on topic.

Well' date=' what else [i']would [/i] you use it for?

On a similar note: On one of the science /discovery/military channels (can't remember which), I've seen the military testing a stealth suit for light infantry or more likely some type of special forces unit.

It involved some sort of suit covered with what looked like sequins, but were actually tiny sensorlike mirror thingys that projected the images that were in front of a soldier to his back (and vice versa) causing a person looking at him to see what was beyond him.

It was very primitive and bulky and it only worked when he was still and half camoflaged anyway. But this was a couple of years ago. Wonder what happened to that.

...maybe he's standing right next to me.

Oh yeah, I saw that show too. Pretty sure that one was a wee bit too impractical for serious military use, though. I remember the interview with the inventor, I almost screamed with laughter when he described how the US generals came to him after having seen Predator and told him, "We want something like that! Build us one!"

Oh yeah, I saw that show too. Pretty sure that one was a wee bit too impractical for serious military use, though. I remember the interview with the inventor, I almost screamed with laughter when he described how the US generals came to him after having seen Predator and told him, "We want something like that! Build us one!"

Yep, that's the one.

A wee bit my hinder, it's simply ridiculous.

You could still be spotted by infra-red couldn't you? How much noise would that thing make?

That was not my point. I'm saying that Russia was far more powerful as a Communist state than it is now. The point is not whether they are trustworthy or not, but whether they beat the Americans in the Arms Race.

I would love to speak more on the issue, but as Cygnus said, back to topic!

Ok, the military thing is nice, but I think everyone is missing the truly benficial aspects of this, Four Words....

Women's

Locker

Room

*Recording*

Silly military scientists, thinking with their north brain:xp:

Forget making stealthy planes stealthier...

I want invisible A-10's!!!!:hearteye:

You're all comfortable in your secret evil military complex when this nasty looking green thing just appears out of thin air! Suddenly you go deaf as a lead monsoon pours down all around you and your carefully assembled row of tanks turns a nice shade of shiny yellowy orangeness! Simply beautiful:D

...maybe he's standing right next to me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My want too! My have way to much fun with new happy toy!:D

[ub32 G33k M0d3 s0 w4y 0n 17'5 n07 3v3n fu|\||\|33]

Although, on the subject of other technologies developed first, I'm still wating for a programmable Tricorder with replication technology:D

It'll do everything from squaring up foundations to creating replicant girlfriends!!!![/ub32 G33k]

Taste the magic;)

*Devon watches as all the female forumites gather tar and feathers for RJM*

Leave my fetishes out of this:xp:

Hey fair's fair, if they get ahold of the tech first, I'll make sure to wear a smaller towel and flex a little after showering:naughty:

(althoug I do require a rather large minumum towel size:xp: )

Maybe even some baby oil if they're nice. I don't know about body shaving though, only if they behave

Of course we could finalize the technology at the same time...

Invisible Co-ed Showers FTW!!!:thmbup1:

No, they'll just invent disruptors. Historically, it's easier to break something than to create it.

That, or just make wars more indiscriminate; carpet bombing or nuking entire areas to get rid of enemy troops before moving in. It's going to take a lot more than cloaking devices to make people stop killing each other.

This is old news. they've had cloaking devices for awhile now. I remember looking at the Strike on the Pentagon (9/11) and i came across an article talking about cloaking devices.

I'm still having a hard time believing a jumbo Jet crashed into the Pentagon.

The site in no way resembled a airliner crash. Has anyone actually seen this?

I believe that everyone should have a personal cloaking device, if you cant tell who's who then you can't attack solely because their skin is a certain color, or they wear a towel on their head. The only distinguishing feature will be footprints...

Coincidentally I happen to be developing a strike team to rid the world of all those NikEvildoers. JOIN ME!!!

If the US has developed them, that means Israel will probably get them. That means that everyone else will to b/c the Israelis will trade them with other countries, who will share it with others. Either that, or someone (fool or traitor?) will lose/leave out a computer w/sensitive info which will then fall into the hands of our enemies and others.

Archived