Home

Starwarsknights Chatbox

tk102

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... either tk has been working on something for over 2 hours or somethings broken...

I keep getting this message:

Error accessing the server!

handleReceivingMessages catch: readMessages throws: ERRNO: 8 TEXT: Undefined index: uuid LOCATION: /webhome/starwars/public_html/chat/chat.php, line 49

• 5 weeks later...

Just reporting this:

I was chatting and decided to refresh the page because it was getting a bit laggy. Anyway, I got the following message when I tried to get back in the chat:

Error accessing the server!

handleReceivingMessages catch: readMessages throws: error: Invalid query: Got error 28 from storage engine

Its almost 2:30 AM central time, so I doubt tk was messing with it. heh

EDIT: Well, the problem seemed to correct itself.

• 1 month later...

I think we may have performed our own Denial of Service attack on the server. Fortunately after a few tweaks the interview recovered. We hadn't really stress-tested the chatbox before that point. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing a slight problem while I am on the chatbox. I don't know if others are experiencing it.

Whenever, I am inactive (offline), and I try to post something, my reply doesn't show. So, I have to refresh the page. And every time, I refresh and try to post, I am unable to post something. And I have to constantly refresh the chatbox. (If that makes any sense)

Is there anything you can do and fix this? or would it just be my computer?

Whenever, I am inactive (offline), and I try to post something, my reply doesn't show. So, I have to refresh the page. And every time, I refresh and try to post, I am unable to post something. And I have to constantly refresh the chatbox. (If that makes any sense)

There is some bug that causes it to get stuck sometimes that you can get around by pressing the "HERE" link at the bottom of the page to kick start it again. It shouldn't happen that often though.

What browser do you use, and do you have any extensions that block javascripts in some way?

• 1 month later...

I added an experimental feature tonight to the chatbox. By hovering your mouse over a name that appears as blue hyperlink, a tooltip window will appear with the person's Lucasforums avatar.

Note: This will only work for avatars that have been uploaded to Lucasforums. Stock avatars will not appear in the tooltip window.

You must be logged into LucasForums with cookies before you start the chat session in order to get your name hyperlinked with the avatar tooltip and to have your name displayed in the chatbox Who's Online list.

• 1 month later...

And that reminds me, is there any possible way to eliminate the chat lag. It is what irritates me the most and is the reason why I don't go there anymore. It can get especially frustrating in heated discussions with half a dozen participants. And hitting the "HERE" button gets annoying.

Archived