Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling nostalgic, I've been going through some music from old games. I found the remastered version of Deus Ex's soundtrack (which I hold to be the best video game soundtrack ever, followed by Golden Sun - yes, that GBA game). Right now it's the DuClare Chateau track, from the respectable Alexander Brandon. Not one of my favourites, but hell, nostalgia bites. :D

The ones I really like from Deus Ex are the main theme, the intro, UNATCO, Begin the End (Beginning of the End?), and then some. Its really the best soundtrack for any video game ever (then again, Deus Ex had the awesomest stuff ever in other departments as well).

• 4 weeks later...

Jordan by Buckethead, kinda funkly little pice of...something, with that (in)famous solo that anyone who has play GH2 knows.

Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine, again a little funky thing with a good riff.

Two Minutes To Midnight by Iron Maiden, awesome guitar part, classic Iron Maiden.

Back In Black by AC/DC, 'nuff said :D

Dragonforce are Insane!!

Nice to meet another DragonForce Fan :D

J.S. Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major >

Concertino: trumpet in F, recorder, oboe, violin

Ripieno: two violins, viola, violone, and basso continuo (including harpsichord).

There is a very good reason Carl Sagan chose this(1st Allegro) as Track 1. on The Voyager Satellite's Golden Record, representing the music of the peoples of earth. It is quite simply the most perfectly metered countrepoint piece of music ever written.

Over the years, Ive played it to many friends who are not classical music fans, and its effect is instant. Not the clamour of Beethoven, or twiddly melodrama of Mozart, Bach's music is an example of the greatness and beauty humanity can strive for...quite fitting that his music ended up on Voyager IMO.

:violin:

mtfbwya

I really should have read the rules before posting here last night...

Anyway, now I am listening to T.V. Eye by The Stooges. A classic protopunk track from the equally classic Fun House album. While musically and lyrically rather simplistic, it's brought to life by Iggy Pop's vocals and Ron Asheton's excellent guitar work.

Now it changed into 1970 from the same album (I skipped "Dirt" even though it's a nice song as well). Once again a track based on a couple of simple riffs, but about halfway through the song Steve MacKay's saxophone creeps in from out of nowhere causing the rest of the album to go into psychedelic hyper mode.

And since I'm taking forever to post this, the title track of Fun House started playing. This song has a nice funky vibe to it, and Iggy sounds as maniacal as ever.

These days I've been on a bit of a music blitz, but Imogen Heap stands out. She is a very talented techno singer/songwriter who's got a bit of Feist in her. Very interesting sound, to be sure! If you're a fan of the Dear Sister parody on SNL, you've probably heard her before.

All the Small things by Blink-182

I like the music video of this song, one of the funniest band around, too bad that was a long time ago

Eruption by Van Halen

One of the coolest guitar solo ever IMO

Breathe into Me by Red

Heard it over a friend's house, liked it and bought it, worth the .99 fee from iTunes

Eruption by Van Halen

One of the coolest guitar solo evr IMO

IMO too! Good choice amigo, check some of the live versions on Youtube.

Iron Maiden: Killers, the first A+ album from the Irons and still in the top 3 IMO

Irving Jacobson - Man of La Mancha(I, Don Quixote)

I'm rather addicted to this song after seeing an AMV done to it. If you didn't guess or don't know, it's from the play: Man of La Mancha, it's about Don Quixote. This track is sung by Jacobson, and he has a wonderful voice, the part with Pancho is some of the most grating noise you'll ever hear though. Besides that, it's aboslute awesome, a great song to get stuck in your head.

On my phone atm:

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Best Sabbath album ever and one of the best Rock/Metal albums ever too, Ronnie James >>> Ozzy

Dio - The Very Beast of Dio

Awesome Dio compilation!

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast (2 CDs)

What more can I say? Pure classic metal!

Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache/As Daylight Dies

Damn good albums again, one of the pioneering bands of metalcore and Howard Jones is still an awesome vocalist.

Lynard Skynard - Vicious Cycle

Again, a masterpiece of an album.

Holy snap! I just heard this song by the Low Fidelity All Stars, and it's great! <3

Battleflag

Uncensored Version (but not the official video)

Wow, bringing back the old skool. Makes me nostalgic for the bad old days of rattling other people's cars with my subs :evil6:

PS: They suck live :(

EDIT: If you liked that,

another song from about the same period that you might enjoy...and they are much better live. ;)

Archived