Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Through the Fire and Flames - DragonForce

The fastest song I've ever heard, and I'm lovin' it. :D

Other good songs from DragonForce are Valley of the Damned and Operation Ground and Pound.

Excellent choice of usic my friend.

I think Valley of the Damned was thier best one yet. :)

At the moment, I've got Sensorium playing by the Dutch metal group Epica. Not many people I know are into metal music, and even of the few metalheads I know, only a handful of them have ever heard of Epica. They're a female fronted Symphonic Metal group, almost bordering on the Progressive Metal genre with some of their newer stuff. They sort of grew out of After Forever, after their guitar player and growler, Mark Jansen, left.

Anyone else a fan, or even heard of them?

Wow, bringing back the old skool. Makes me nostalgic for the bad old days of rattling other people's cars with my subs :evil6:
Er, I, well, have tested this song's performance out personally in this manner. It works well! :D

EDIT: If you liked that,
another song from about the same period that you might enjoy...and they are much better live. ;)
That is pretty good, I will have to look up more of their music. Thanks!

As for right now: Shake Me by Mint Royale. It's rather good, and by rather good I mean awesome. :p

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica, I have no idea why I like this song, or why its probably my fav song, probably just cos its Metallica :D

Wow, i was just listening to that. Funky.

By the way, you might want to make your name on your sig pic a little darker. :xp:

Ravnas reminded me that I haven't listened to much R.E.M. lately so I just went on a binge and listened to Nightswimming, Losing My Religion and Daysleeper. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to Accelerate yet but I'm hoping it's really the throwback that I hear it is.

Hey, did anyone else hear that STP is getting back together?

Currently listening to.. Something About Us by Daft Punk. I found out they were French when researching french musicans. Which is cool because if I ever meet them, I'm learning French, and I was a Daft fan BEFORE Kayne sampled them, so yay.

Also, on the subject of R.E.M. I just recently decided to buy Losing my Religion on iTunes and I love it. I'm gonna look at more of their stuff as soon as I get more money.

Are You Dead Yet - Children of Bodom

I actually really despise Death Metal, I just can't stand it, or any other metal which sounds like wild donkeys dying, but this is actually a really good song, the only one I like from Children of Bodom and that entire genre.

I've Journeyed back to my Funk-Neo-Disco days, and broke out the Jamiroquai, I have all the Albums but I've been listening to Synkronized most, Funky as you like!

I found myself body popping in a tea cozy at work... How Embarrassing :D

I used to be into Dragonforce, saw them live like 5 times and then got a bit bored of them, it all got a bit immature, not to mention they sound really bad live. I'm listening to There She Goes by Babyshambles.

Another member introduced me to Alestorm. It is "true Scottish Pirate Metal". It is similar to Dragonforce except better IMO.

There are a bunch of videos just playing the music. Just check some of them out. Link. I recommend "Captain Morgan's Revenge" and "Over the Seas".

Alestorm_Captain_Morgans_Revenge.jpg

Hah, I just went out to buy their album after reading your post, and must say that I'm rather fond of them :D

Archived