Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Huey Lewis and the News: FORE... Because I'm on an 80's Nostalgia Trip lately, when I saw my Mum earlier this week, I noticed she still had the old cassette tape box in her Car, and She still had the FORE album, some Robert Palmer and some old Simply Red.

I might grow my Mullet back :D

I might grow my Mullet back :D
More mullet-related music:

'Wind him up' by SAGA, a great Canadian Band. I saw them live in early 1982 on their Worlds Apart tour. Just before this song came up, the hall went dark, the music started and as soon as the song picked up, a massive, horizontal chain of white lights all the way across the back of the stage flared into existence. Besides from frying your eyes, this was a truly unforgettable moment. On top of that, their live sound was superb. Yeah, you guessed it, I'm still a fan. :)

• 2 weeks later...

After watching my cousins rock out on Guitar Hero III, I was surprised to see the musical selection from that game being pretty damn rad. Lots of my favorites were on there, plus a few more that I'd never heard before but now love.

Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade

Was so happy when they ditched that dorkwad Chris Cornell and reunited with Zach de la Rocha this year, so I couldn't help giving GH3 a go on this song, even though I have no musical rhythm of which to speak. I didn't do too bad on Easy. :3

Beastie Boys - Sabotage

Greatest music video evarrrrrrrrr. The Beasties are friggin' ageless.

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames

Just watching my cousins try and get through the first 5 seconds of this song on Expert without bombing out was totally hilarious.

Some nice modern progressive metal for me today. Schism, by Tool.

link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo

this song's lyrics are amazing, like poetry. Maynard is a really good vocalist, but he really shines as a lyricist too.

lyrics: http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/lateraluslyrics.php#05

Their best album IMO (Lateralus that is), off which Parabol/Parabola is my favorite bit :)

Been listening to a lot of Muse lately, and their last album, "Black Holes and Revelations" is absolutely awesome...Excellent songwriting, intriguing lyrics, powerful rhythm instruments (the drums+bass=awesomeness!!!) and good guitar work as usual makes for a masterpiece of an album...Check it out if you haven't already.

Velvet Revolver - Superhuman

This one's good, it reminds me of Slash's old days in GNR with the Sweet Child O' Mine style intro.

Next:

Soundgarden - Outshined

I liked Audioslave okay, but I still preferred Chris Cornell's performance in Soundgarden. I didn't think he fit with the Rage Against the Machine guys.

I got a live Pink Floyd album for Christmas, called pulse. Its great, 2 cds and it has some of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. They do all of Dark Side of the Moon and also songs from The Wall, Wish You Were Here (the title track being my favorite of their songs) and other albums that I wasn't familiar with. So I've been listening to a lot of that.

But right now I've got "Its Too Late" by Derek and the Dominoes. I guess my dad has had this CD (Layla) for a while and I never knew it was here so I recently added that to iTunes.

I'm listening to the new rendition of Angel Island Zone for the upcoming Super Smash Bros Brawl, of which the original was first heard in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 :) It's been done by the same person who did alot of the music in the latest Sonic games, so its sounds similar instrumentation-wise. Even so, when I first heard the 50 second preview, I was on a total nostalgia trip :)

Archived