Home

[PC] Jade Empire General Discussion {no spoilers}

Pavlos

Yeah, I pre-ordered it. I should have it in a couple of days.:giggle1: I'm so excited. I have never played it before, since my parents won't even let me buy an XBox with my own money. But i have heard a lot of it even before they made it for PC, so I can't wait.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things that really bugged me about the xbox version (although i loved it) was the lack of physical character customization. You could only select from six different models and couldn't change the costumes. I know the ability to costume change was something bioware weren't able to finish in time for the release date, so does anyone know if either of these have been improved or included?

Hey, I just bought the game and it is awsome! Looks really nice and all.

But I got a question. Do you have some usefull tips on how to use the White Demon style. So far I've been getting my butt kicked while using. It is pretty slow..

- Ghost Down

Well, I just finished the game. And I was rather disappointed by the good ending. But maybe that is cause I'm more of an evil guy. Hehe.. There where some interesting plot revelations though.

I'm probably gonna start with a new character tomorrow or so. Curious about the evil ending...

- Ghost Down

I'm 12 hours into the game so far but I take my time and check out everything. I'm guessing the game will end up closer to 40 hours of total play time for me.

Btw. RedHawke, It has an override folder :D
Yeah, it sure does and it's already well used. I counted 3,181 files in my installation's override folder. It's apparent LTI Gray Matter dropped most if not all of the enhanced goodies for the PC version into the override. That's going to make modding a little more... interesting.

I just started my game, too, and have to look all over the place at everything, pick up scrolls, talk to people, etc., etc., etc. I still have to figure out how the combat stuff goes.

I think I'll make a copy of that override folder before dropping mods in just in case something funky happens. :)

Yeah, I finished it in 12 hours. But then again. I found the fighting to be really easy.

Btw. I found out a way on how to add the Rhino style to the game. (for those who did not preorder it) If you are interested PM me or else I'll post it here if an admin finds it okay..

- Ghost Down

Some of the moves where a bit repetitive. But nothing bad looking or so. There are also alot of styles that you probably never use. You'll mostly use your Martial style and Storm Dragon/Spirit Thief and the Jade Golem Transformation style - It can kill an strong opponent in 4/5 hits.

- Ghost Down

I think I'll make a copy of that override folder before dropping mods in just in case something funky happens. :)
You are wise far beyond your 29 years, Jae. ;)

Yeah, I finished it in 12 hours.
Great Googulley-Moogulley man! Did you stop and talk to anyone or was your goal simply to complete the game as fast as you could?

How did you find the combat?
Well, I can say that I've died a lot more in Jade Empire than I ever did in an entire playthrough of KotOR or TSL. :D Hopefully my cellar-dwelling twitch skills are improving though. ;) After 12+ hours of gameplay I think I'm finally getting the jist of what styles to use against which opponents along with harmonic combos. There are just too many inputs for me to comfortably handle though. Press E to chi-enhance your attacks, F to enter focus mode, et al. In combat you're always facing your selected opponent unless you toggle free combat mode by pressing T so you can run about freely. I find that rather annoying. It's definitely a much different combat style than what I'm used to with the KotOR games but of course I knew that going in and decided to go for it anyway. No regrets, just a different experience than KotOR.

Today I bought Jade Empire! Installed it first thing after I got home. Deleted all my Kotor safes to get enough space on my PC.

And then I click on "start". *Insert complex dll name here* not found. I get the dll from another PC. I click on start again. *insert weird name here* not found in *insert weird name here*

I took a look on the Dvd box and what do I have to discover? It's for XP only. No windows 2000, which is the OS i have.

I'm really frustrated now - before I install XP (which I will certainly do to play Jade Empire) is there anyone here who knows how to run it with Windows 2000 Professional Edition?

Archived