Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

Having played through it several times I would say Malkavians are the most fun to play. And the males with the "cat in the hat" hat with the fur coat. Come on that's just awesomeness. It's like they raided my wardrobe.

And be careful when playing Malkavian... You don't want to talk with your significant other right after a game. You will say something weird.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been doing another run through as a Malk and I just discovered something new that I hadn't seen before on previous Malk playthroughs (although admittedly I'd only done 2 prior). When in the Downtown hub you can have an argument with a stop sign! Not having encountered it before it gave me a good laugh. Have to love those little extra bits Malks get.

I have heard of that particular encounter, but I haven't been able to trigger it on my own Malkavian playthrough. Then again, I think I heard that the "Stop" sign in question was the one in Santa Monica, so I might have been looking in the wrong place. :(

So after postponing playing this game for years, I finally picked it up, yay. College will probably delay my playthrought and I'm already a slow player on RPGs (my first KotOR playthrough took me a month to finish, I guess), but I like this way better.

So from what I've read so far I should:

1. Download the Official 1.2 patch. (done)

2. Download the Unofficial Wesp5's patch and install the "basic" vesion. (done)

3. Start as a Toreador.

Anything else I should keep an eye out for?

So after postponing playing this game for years, I finally picked it up, yay. College will probably delay my playthrought and I'm already a slow player on RPGs (my first KotOR playthrough took me a month to finish, I guess), but I like this way better.

So from what I've read so far I should:

1. Download the Official 1.2 patch. (done)

2. Download the Unofficial Wesp5's patch and install the "basic" vesion. (done)

3. Start as a Toreador.

Anything else I should keep an eye out for?

HaHa, this is the most universally liked game on the forum. This game ROCKS. It's a freaking masterpiece. Enjoy yourself! :vamp1:

• 2 months later...

This news is a bit old (couple of months) but I didn't see any mention here in the Bloodlines thread and not sure if you have a Redemption thread here. Please visit the new site (listed at the bottom) this is the main Vampire site now, all the modders, downloads and forums.

Speaking of forums it's been an EXTREMELY good year for Vtm Bloodlines, have you seen all the wicked new mods or wonder where the post suggestions or bugs for the Unofficial Patch, for us to test?

VTM: The Final Nights (The latest from Team Camarilla International)

Bloodlines Antitribu

Clan Quest Mod 20 Released

VTMB Companion Mod

Camarilla Edition

VTMB2010 - CQM2.0 CM1.4 CE1.3

The Revival Project is now Bloodlines Resurgence (converting to current Source Engine)

VTMB Custom Content Installer + Addons (no longer need to overwrite other mods)

ZVTool (zylonbane excellent new tool)

Basically what happened is the staff got frustrated, bought the content and moved it to a new site, where they are in control. Everyone please stop by try the new mods and especially to all you amazing modders that have done so much to helped KotOR, maybe you could show a bit of love for BLOOD? :vamp1:

Also going to the main page will link you up to many new videos of mods in the works and some about the new Vampire mmog.

PlanetVampire.com Staff Resigns and a New Site is Born!

17:04 PST | signothorn |

This has been in the making for a while, just making it official. Aside from Dante who moderates at PlanetElderScrolls and wishes to continue there, all current PlanetVampire.com staff hereby resign from IGN's hosting and support. We thank them for the memories and if it weren't for their hosting this community for 10 years, we wouldn't be posting here together right now.

Over the years, the needs of PlanetVampire.com members shifted, with the changes in how people interact and the improvement of Content Management Systems and we, the staff, did the best we could to adapt with the tools we had to work with. We approached IGN multiple times to update the CMS and to add other users to the news system for the front page but we were denied the CMS and told no other staff could be added to add news to the front page, which also has the same login for the FTP. That was a double whammy in itself. Then the news system began breaking down and we were not only ignored but denied any kind of support when we couldn't post the community news when a new mod was released ect. We were losing inspiration and people were leaving because we weren't making the changes the community asked for and for some things, we just couldn't accomplish what we wanted and IGN wasn't willing to help us make the needed changes so we decided to continue PlanetVampire elsewhere.

This passed winter, a new domain was purchased and we finally started to be able to do some of the things we wanted and there is now no middle man to ask permissions and we have an open canvas to help support the community, the way we should have been able to do for some time. We now have a pretty strong foundation for the site in place and are ready to make the move.

Special shout-outs in no particular order:

Skyra- giving us a kick in the ass old-school style and helping us with his ultra-busy schedule

Javokis- For installing the site and forum, setting the front page theme (among other things) when I knew **** all about how to do any of this.

Dante- For replacing the bloody test**** on the front page with a more suitable banner until a more permanent one could be put in place and giving sage advice in the secret moderator forum that Offkorn likes to speculate about.

Burgermeister- Wrote a prog that spidered the data from this forum so old threads would not be lost and the transition could be a smooth one. Really, you rock for that. He is also working on a template for people to easily host their work on the site. The only restriction we've found is if you're mods are too good and too popular, you get the site suspended due to hidden bandwidth restrictions.

Paine- Created the new files area for the site, one you could actually upload your own files and is properly categorized.

Dream Asylum- created the current banner on the front page of the new site that replaced Dante's temporary replacement banner that replaced the bloody test****.(kidding Jav, don't hurt me Seagal Style)

Mv.c9- Who is making a new and improved Redemption area for the new site during a terribly difficult and hectic time in his rl.

El Gostro- Has made some buttons for the new forum that nobody has ever seen but I'll hopefully be able to work them into the theme somehow.

If I forgot anyone who has helped with the new site, it was unintentional. Thanks to everyone also for sticking around though these last few years and have continued to share their mods, videos and art and have kept the community alive.

Basically, PlanetVampire.com will still exist and so will this forum, unless IGN decides to close it down. However, after this announcement, there will be no more news posted on the front page of the old site, nor will there be forum moderation of any kind on this old forum, unless IGN "hires" new staff to replace us. I hope Master Cyril asks them for irony. If you want to continue posting here, we are proud of the work on the new site but that's completely up to you. However, if you change your mind, all threads dated 6/9/2010 and prior that were on the old forum will be waiting for you on the new forum.

The new Site is here: http://planet-vampire.com

The new forum is: http://planet-vampire.com/main/forum/index.php

I tried to edit out the language, since it's an R game, people are a bit more colorful with the words, hope I didn't miss any and I hope you enjoy your visit. ;)

Not sure this warrants its own thread - you could have just posted it in the Bloodlines thread.

Good luck with it all I guess, although I've only ever bothered with the unofficial patch and that was always hosted elsewhere so I never had much use for the site. The rest of the Bloodlines mods always seemed pretty bleh to me, but to be fair I guess you can say that about 95% of most game mods (KOTOR included).

Not sure this warrants its own thread - you could have just posted it in the Bloodlines thread.

The reason I didn't post it in the Bloodlines thread, it isn't about Bloodlines the game. It's the official site became so unfunded, it was impossible to maintain, so the moderators bought the content Redemption, Bloodlines and the new mmog to start a functioning up to date site.

Good luck with it all I guess,

Surely, they appreciate it. :cheers:

I am not part of the site, might have missed it here (I did look) but this news is a couple of months old, surely some on the site would like to know. This wasn't intended as some self promotion, I'm just a fan of WoD and Vampire games. So the only way I would benefit is if more mods get made. :)

although I've only ever bothered with the unofficial patch and that was always hosted elsewhere so I never had much use for the site.

I understand there are people who like playing the game in the broken and unfinished state. The same is true of many RPGs, many purists won't use Unofficial Patches or Mods no matter how beneficial. There's room for everyone, afik.

The rest of the Bloodlines mods always seemed pretty bleh to me, but to be fair I guess you can say that about 95% of most game mods (KOTOR included).

Imo, there is nothing more valuable in the gaming community then than the Modder/Fixers. I couldn't imagine playing the greatest RPGs to date without community fixes and mods. Games like Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3 New Vegas, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Planescape Torment, KotOR, KotOR 2.....my fingers would go numb listing them all. KotOR series wouldn't be nearly as great without all the work you guys do here and I am not sure it's possible to thank you all enough! :thmbup1:

I hope there are others interested in the Vampire community, as we all are in the KotOR community!

• 3 weeks later...

Wesp has released a new patch!!!!

Download: www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

As always, please feel free to post comments and suggestions here. We're still looking for translators for this patch into other languages. Please contact bloodlines@patches-scrolls.de if you are willing to help.

(+) Denotes changes only available to players of Plus Edition.

Changes in 7.3:

+Moved Yukie temple end trigger and fixed spider chick Boil reaction.

+Corrected a Giovanni candidate quest state and removed entry items.

+Made inspection particles a bit less intrusive, thanks to ZylonBane.

Restored GLOCK to cop on the pier and mafia patrol to Empire hotel.

Corrected conditions for mentioning Rossilini and other text issues.

Fixed problems on approaching Skelter and during the intro walkout.

BTW: Attention anyone playing this version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need some feed back on Nadia, the hot Giovanni girl who wants to get naked in the Embalming Room. Just as a test, once you enter the Manson SAVE YOUR GAME, so you can come back there and start your normal play (this should only take you 5 minutes to test)

Head strait to Nadia let her take you somewhere more private. You will zone to the Embalming room, what we need to do.

Don't talk to her or try to open the door downstairs. Walk around the room a bit, maybe pick up your book or walk around near the door you came in and the switch. This is the important part do you notice yourself going in and out of Combat mode?

There seems to be Zombies spawning too soon AND they seem to see through the floor a level or two below you. If you are having problems it would be a great if you could post here.

• 6 months later...

I have returned to the game and finally made it Downtown, and to Hollywood even, it gets better and better and the settings and the characters are amazing. I sucked at the Graveyard Get the Zombies thing, they got me big time...lol but it is just such a fantastic game. That haunted house was awesome that the Doctor had, except the interior was a bit depressing and boring after the amazing exterior..but I really love all that i have seen. the only problem is that it is so creepy and dark that i have to ration my playing so i dont get depressed and unable to keep working lol....thanks for all the help and encouragement here. I have not had any game stopping bugs yet, thanks to the latest version of the huge unoffical patch, i used the full patch that adds back in all the extra content as I love all the little details. Having grown up on the west coast back before and during the time of the game, it is all very familar tho i never really hung out in such depressing haunts as are shown in the game. I will post some pics soon.

The game is all about atmosphere. I found the environments exhilarating instead of depressing; probably because I knew that I was a badassed monster who could likely handle anything that was thrown at me.

And, unless I'm playing as a Toreador or Brujah, I skip the zombie quest and pimp for Romero instead. It's just not worth the frustration. I managed to beat it once as a Nossie, but I was never able to do it again without Celerity.

I dunno, I usually beat it quite well. I usually forgo the rifle and just go for the sledge. When you swing use your directional movement buttons to change how you attack. Beat the tar out of a bunch at a time. Of course if you're a tremere, you can also use blood magic... Go to the top gate first. Beat them down. If there's one or two, get them mad at you so they chase you rather than go for the gate. Head down to the other gate, swing sideways to take out more at once. Brawling and melee is where I spent most of my fighting points. Guns were a waste of time for me. Plus I always seemed to run out of ammo when I needed it lol. But I beat it almost every time with no celerity...

Yes, you can change how you swing at them...

You didn't know that?

I didn't either the first time through...

Also, Shotties for when you use guns. Go for head shots. People in Hollywood are always looking to get a new head shot :D

I am glad i am not the only one who had a hard time with the Zombies...and yes the atmosphere is amazing, really remarkable. I love the detail and the beauty of the scenes, it really is nice, and I am noting as I go along, the ladies are also quite beautiful...tho most of them are quite dangerous in their own way.

scaled.php?server=4&filename=ahuantedhouse.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=838&filename=aviewofla.jpg&res=medium

And, unless I'm playing as a Toreador or Brujah, I skip the zombie quest and pimp for Romero instead. It's just not worth the frustration. I managed to beat it once as a Nossie, but I was never able to do it again without Celerity.
I used the community modding tools to jigger the spawn intervals :xp:

The Santa Monica level is very nicely done, the beach area is specially nice and full of subtle touches and beauty of its own. Very haunting and lovely use of textures and lighting. They put detail into areas that were only barely viewable from the game paths....that sort of attention to detail is rare and highly prized...

scaled.php?server=546&filename=abeachpier.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=535&filename=abeachpier4.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=263&filename=abeachtown1.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=109&filename=abeachtown2.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=37&filename=abeach.jpg&res=medium

I have a question..for those who know this game well..are the different clans that different ti start and play? I was wondering if you still start in Santa Monica and have the same basic quests...i started as a Torreodor. Just wondering.

You get a different haven later in the game if you're a Tremere or a Nosferatu, but otherwise it's the same. The exception is playing as a Malkavian, where the dialog is very different (and hilarious).

You get a different haven later in the game if you're a Tremere or a Nosferatu, but otherwise it's the same. The exception is playing as a Malkavian, where the dialog is very different (and hilarious).

Dialog being funny doesn't describe it LOL! The character sounds like a 2yr old!

Archived