Home

Classic Rock Suggestions

BongoBob

II is better in my opinion. IV is too commercial, but thats just me. Half the album was released as singles. You'd maybe be getting 4 songs you havent heard before.

And another album for the day:

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

I <3 Hermie... listen to everything he says

In terms of albums, I'd recommend Axis:Bold as Love and Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix as must-buy albums. For Led Zeppelin, IV has most of the songs everyone loves but Houses of the Holy is a better buy in my opinion; No Quarter, Song Remains the Same, and Over the Hills and Far Away are all excellent songs.

Besides that, I'd recommend Abbey Road and Revolver by the Beatles. Actually, I'm not even going to recommend it, I'll yell it out:

BUY ABBEY ROAD AND REVOLVER!!!

It's a cardinal sin to not listen to those albums at least once in your life.

Sure the beatles are good. But its not music that makes you sit there afterwards and go "wow...". I wouldnt classify them as MUST LISTEN albums, and I enjoy the beatles as much as the next guy.

Albums like Dark Side of the Moon on the other hand....

The only good song by Led Zeppelin is Dazed and Confused, after that Zeppelin sucks. And even that isn't an amazing song, simply a fun song.

If you want kickass jams, go with The Who.

*cough* Black Dog *cough*

Funkadelic/Parliament - Maggot Brain(YESYESYESYESYESYES! If you love sweet awesome epic [insert adjectives of praise ad infinitum] guitar work, listen to the song.)

OH, F*** YEAH! Tyrion knows what's up!:thumbsup:

I'd add Funkintelechy to that because my favorite Clinton quote is in that song, as well as in my sig.

Sure the beatles are good. But its not music that makes you sit there afterwards and go "wow...". I wouldnt classify them as MUST LISTEN albums, and I enjoy the beatles as much as the next guy.

Albums like Dark Side of the Moon on the other hand....

It's funny, I had the reverse experiences on my end. Beatles songs like Strawberry Fields Forever and A Day in the Life never cease to amaze me, but Dark Side of the Moon wasn't terribly interesting to me; in fact, I think it's the worst of the post-Meddle Pink Floyd albums. Wish You Were Here has a special place in my heart, to tell you the truth...

It's funny, I had the reverse experiences on my end. Beatles songs like Strawberry Fields Forever and A Day in the Life never cease to amaze me, but Dark Side of the Moon wasn't terribly interesting to me; in fact, I think it's the worst of the post-Meddle Pink Floyd albums. Wish You Were Here has a special place in my heart, to tell you the truth...
I like Dark Side of the Moon alright but Wish You Were Here is my favorite of their albums.

The Who: Who's next, Greatest Hits.

Van Halen: I, II, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984.

Deep Purple: When We Rock We Rock, When We Roll We Roll; Perfect Strangers.

Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. IV.

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Whichever album has "Saturday Night Special" on it.

Judas Priest: Rocka Rolla, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sinner.

Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland, Are You Experienced?

The Dead Kennedys: Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death (for you young'uns who want to know what real punk sounds like).

Boston: Boston.

I'm sure (as always) I'll think of about 50 others after I log off...

Archived