Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i watvched this hsow for awhile once. does it have low funding or soemthing cause it's a little cheesy if you get what i mean. the daleks are weird...

Of course they're weird! They're brain cross squid mutants trapped in pepper pots, that scream EXTERMINATE! at everthing that moves!

Nothing normal about em... :lol:

I have read that Rose is returning to Doctor Who and my guess it will be for the final three episodes, since it seems "unimaginative" RTD does it that way. But as much as I like Rose, she should stay in the parallel universe, since it was said that the void between the two universes was closed and it couldn't be reopened, since it would put both universes in danger.

Now RTD, look at the paradox you've got yourself into. (If anyone wants to know, he is my least favourite writer in Doctor Who at the moment. Hopefully, he'll redeem himself with Voyage of the Damned).

Ive since caught up to speed on the recent series, chiefly after getting into Torchwood. Im looking forward to the upcoming Xmas special, which we'll be getting streamed live from the UK ;)

I have also watched the 1st season(10 epsiodes) of the Sarah Jane spin-off. Its pretty cool, for a kids show.

Im moreso looking forward to seeing Cathy Tate in DWS4 and Martha Jones in Torchwood S2. Rose was OK, but she was never a classy lass.... she shouldve stayed trapped in that parallel universe IMO :p

This year's 'Children In Need' special was awesome, with Peter Davison donning the ole cricket jumper and celery stick again :)

mtfbwya

I wouldn't bother. It's a disgusting parody of the original....

Well I disagree, since most of the new series is good, but most of the episodes written by RTD are as "disgusting parody". I mean watch Aliens of London/World War Three, Boom Town, New Earth, Love and Monsters, Gridlock, The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords and you get what InSidious is talking about.

I myself, have been buying the classic episodes and they are good, the only thing they miss from the new series, is the effects, but I'm not one for the effects.

Well I disagree, since most of the new series is good,

Most of it is written by RTD, though. Maybe Moffat et al. on their own could have done something decent, but a format has been set.

but most of the episodes written by RTD are as "disgusting parody". I mean watch Aliens of London/World War Three, Boom Town, New Earth, Love and Monsters, Gridlock, The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords and you get what InSidious is talking about.

I myself, have been buying the classic episodes and they are good, the only thing they miss from the new series, is the effects, but I'm not one for the effects.

I applaud your taste. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody's mentioned the Xmas special! Only two days to go here in the UK.

I've seen various trailers for it and it looks like it's set to be the best one yet.

Has anyone else heard/seen anything about it?

Unfortunately.

It sounds awful, and it's ripping ideas off both Enlightenment and Starship Titanic. To borrow from other areas is one thing - to steal ideas from your own show's past is pretty cheap, though.

It sounds awful, and it's ripping ideas off both Enlightenment and Starship Titanic. To borrow from other areas is one thing - to steal ideas from your own show's past is pretty cheap, though.

Well, Russell already stole ideas from several films, including Star Wars in Last of the Time Lords. Shows how much he is a good writer[/sARCASM ENDS HERE].

But, watching trailers from the BBC website, Voyage of the Damned looks good, but I hope it isn't made bad or anything. One more day to go until Christmas.

We are talking about Russell T Davies here. Still, it looks halfway decent when compared to The Runaway Bride, which I didn't enjoy all that much.

Well, Russell already stole ideas from several films, including Star Wars in Last of the Time Lords. Shows how much he is a good writer[/sARCASM ENDS HERE].

You're forgetting Flash Gordon =)

EDIT:

I thought this year's christmas special would rekindle my otherwise dwindling faith in the revived series, but apparently I'm mistaken. It started out okay, when I assumed the episode was set in the future, but when they teleported down to Earth from the Titanic up above and it's revealed to be set in the present day, I don't know, my inner-nitpicker surfaced and I started finding things wrong all over the place.

What did everyone else think?

• 2 weeks later...
I really like doctor who, and it seems every ****** is returning. You got Donna, Martha, Rose and even Sontarans. A lot of fans think it will be 3 episodes but there is no evidence of that yet

I thought those monsters in the first episode of series 3 might have been Sontarans, they look quite like them with their helmets on, but then they turned out to be those stupid Judoon. It's like RTD is screwing with us on purpose :(

Which reminds me, I didn't like that episode either.

Here's something on Billie Piper's return. It's from the BBC website, so I assume it's credible.

They're probably only writing her back in because everyone loves her so much. Even though, you know, she's trapped in a parallel universe, from which she can seemingly never return. I'm sure they'll find a way, they always do =/

From the article:-

"Piper left Doctor Who last year, when Rose was transported into a parallel universe."

Yeah, and trapped there. If they are maybe thinking about an alternate Rose from another parallel universe, by the show's own logic, it can't be done.

:(

ahh so we were right it is 3 episodes.

I hated that judoon one too, but I think we are in for a big treat this year. By the way the sontarans dont nearly look as scary as they did in he old episodes. Oh and didnt u know it was billie hat wanted to go, RTD or bbc didnt want her to go but they offered her around £30k to be in series 4.

I hope she comes back really unexpectedly and cool. In the voyage of the damned it was just noobish when he fixed the tardis wth a handle. Funny how he couldnt do that with the cybermen episodes in series 2 when it crashed on to parallel earth

In the voyage of the damned it was just noobish when he fixed the tardis wth a handle. Funny how he couldnt do that with the cybermen episodes in series 2 when it crashed on to parallel earth

Well, Voyage of the Damned was written by RTD, you have to expect the odd magical flick of a handle or sonic screwdriver to solve a problem that seems utterly hopeless. That, and the often whimsical names he gives his monsters. Bannakafalatta springs instantly to mind :)

bannakafalatta was so funny, it was so sad when mr and mrs FOON fatty and astrid died tho. astrid's death reminded me of sidious being tthrown in the death star. I thought it should of been called voyage of death...

It sucked when Mr Foon died. All he did was put his hand on a railing to aid his balance and he fell! He at least deserved to die in a more spectacular way :) Still, I guess he was blasted to atoms fairly quickly.

Anyway, I think I shall refrain from saying much else regarding the story, there may be those who have yet to watch it.

Archived