Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a rumor, but it actually does sound credible.

With

Rose coming back

, it's likely that Mickey will show up again, and he has worked for Torchwood before (in the parallel universe). And Martha will probably be leaving Doctor Who after S4, so her joining the Torchwood crew sounds plausible--and Jack did offer her a position there.

However, again, it is just a rumor. I guess we'll find out on Friday. :)

btw people I forgot to mention...does anyone remember time crash is also stolen? Years ago they did the same thing when the second doctor, first doctor and third collided.

If you're thinking of "The Three Doctors", the First and Second doctor's were plucked out of their respective points in the Doctor's personal timeline by the Time Lords and put with the Third Doctor to deal with Omega.

btw people I forgot to mention...does anyone remember time crash is also stolen? Years ago they did the same thing when the second doctor, first doctor and third collided.

It wasn't really stolen; it's a homage to "The Two Doctors", "The Three Doctors", and "The Five Doctors".

They've also done The Five Doctors with the first five (sans Tom Baker, who declined to appear, and whose scenes were actually taken from the unaired Shada storyarch), the first three, and the Second and Sixth Doctors. It's not 'stolen' from anything.

And what makes you think that Martha is 'probably' going to leave Doctor Who after Series IV?

ohhh kk. btw The thing about Tosh and Owen

dying, there is all evidence for it coz u read that source then u see trailer and Tosh is sweating and on the floor (by her voice obviously in pain) so she obviously got shot by Gray. She says "Owen get out of there" which obviously means get out of radiation thingy. There is all evidence for that o be genuine

Oh and Martha DOES leave in series 4. it is sed many times by RTD she is in it for last 3 eps then decides to stay on earth! That is ev she could join u-kno-wat

No, you're giving me idle speculation and opinions. I've yet to see a single piece of anything even resembling evidence.

And do some research, too. Martha is coming back for five episodes, including the Series finale - not for three episodes. Rose is coming back and doing the three part Series finale. Donna is doing the whole season. Jack is coming back as well.

As for Martha leaving at the end of the Series, if Davies has "sed it many times", I'm sure it won't be too much trouble for you to find me such an occurrence or two to prove your point.

Keep it civil, folks. There are as many opinions on Dr. Who as the number of incarnations of the good Doctor cubed, if not more. A lot of this comes down to personal taste rather than right/wrong, so bear that in mind. Would Dr. Who flame? I think not.

Besides, the Tom Baker era pwns all. I got to see the episodes when they first ran, long before most of you ever saw the DVDs.... ;P

*Jae dons her very long scarf and flees thread*

What, better a Welsh hack butchering the series than an American slop-artist? The end-result is little different - braindead, artless cack.

*Reads Insidious' rants*

Braindead and artless? I call your pot, and I raise you 1 black kettle!!

Who cares where RTD is from! I actually didn't know he was Welsh. Good for him! :D

You really need to quit whining and change the channel, watch something less displeasing!

Unfortunately, an internet forum like this is the *only place in the universe* where you can go on your wild rants and get anyone to pay attention for more than 1s.

Until you are head of BBC programming and can make it just the way you like(!)... I suggest you not watch it if it upsets you that much! This is regardless of what it is billed at. Dr Who takes many forms that are still ongoing, including audio serials and comic series... I doubt you have watched, read and heard them all simply because they are "Billed as Dr Who"

Let the fine people in this thread who actually want to *discuss* the show continue to do so. Your contribution, namely your disapproval has been registered, unless you have much more to add you needn't repeat yourself.

OT: I cant wait to see CapN Jack with Donna :p I wonder what she'll make of him!

mtfbwya

PS> @Jae! I "out-who" you! My first memory of DW was Jon Pertwee hypnotising some dodgy monster in a cave with his sonic screwdriver and singing this weird song.

Has anyone seen the clip on the Doctor Who website? There are a half dozen trailers, as well as an exclusive clip from tommorow night's episode.

I personally think the new episode looks like it's going to be... interesting. Reminded me of the Torchwood novel Another Life, where people take the miracle drug to lose weight.

Going to be a good weekend for the Whovians ;) Personally, Im most excited about seeing how theyre going to handle Cathy Tate's character. Ive been a long time fan of hers....red heads.......mreow!!

I actually cant remember a 'companion' who was played by an established comedic actress... The old school companions didn't have much going on in the wit area, not even Sarah Jane, for all her charm.

A comedienne would have been an *excellent* sidekick for Peter Davidson(5th Doc)...but those crusty old gits from the B&W days, no way ;)

mtfbwya

w00t w00t 21 mins to doc who

lolz...I had just checked my pc clock which has london time running alongside it.... starts on TV there soon, will get it here in about 90 mins after that. Not long to wait at all.. Nothing as painful as the wait for Ep3 anyway ;)

mtfbwya

I have to admit, I underestimated Catherine Tate - she totally blew my doubts away. She managed to mix with the Doctor really well - the glass conversation was actually pretty funny.

And those little creatures! :lol:

I have to admit, I underestimated Catherine Tate - she totally blew my doubts away. She managed to mix with the Doctor really well - the glass conversation was actually pretty funny.

And those little creatures! :lol:

The creatures were cute - and the glass talk was HILARIOUS. DW Confidential said that cathy actually made that bit. The thing about bees disappearing that she said is actually true too. Almost 80% of bees have completely disappeared.

I personally think the new episode looks like it's going to be... interesting. Reminded me of the Torchwood novel Another Life, where people take the miracle drug to lose weight.

I've had that novel for ages, and I still haven't gotten around to reading it :(

Tonight's episode finished about an hour of two ago, I thought it was pretty good myself. After The Runaway Bride, I thought I was going to hate Catherine Tate as Donna, but she surprised me. Rose appearing at the end was awesome, even though there was the whole "trapped in a parallel universe never to return" thing, but Rose is quite good-looking, so I've decided to overlook that :)

The little fatties were cute and sorta annoying IMO.... the GF loved them of course, and they'll sell heaps of toys...

Of course, Cathy Tate was awesome. (as you can read above), I never had any doubts whatsoever! I love how she told the Doc she didnt fancy straight from the word go, Im sick of all the sexual tension crap that was going on with Rose and Martha. Now they can just get on with the stories, leave all that libido stuff to Torchwood :D I dont mind it it TW, but DW has never been like that, for good reason !!

But seeing Rose in there was dramatic enough :) I have to a dmit though, Im not a Rose fan at all...must be due to my utter disinterest in blondes :D

Next week, two of my fave things collide....DW and Ancient Rome ;) Ive always wanted the Doc to go there!!

Any of you serious Whovians aware of any original series eps where the doc went to ancient Rome or Greece ?? I definitely cant remember any from my late Pertwee/Baker/Davidson days (though I was a kid and dont remember huge chunks of stuff!!)

mtfbwya

As far as I can recall, this is the first televised visit the Doctor has made to Ancient Rome. He's mentioned being there before, but I don't believe he's been there in the TV series before. The Stone Rose involved a trip there, but the canonicity of the novels isn't really all that clear.

I screeched with glee when I saw Rose at the end. No joke, I was giggling like a little school girl for a good fifteen minutes. I can't wait to see how she managed to escape "Pete's World" - other than "Via the Void". XD

As far as I can recall, this is the first televised visit the Doctor has made to Ancient Rome. He's mentioned being there before, but I don't believe he's been there in the TV series before. The Stone Rose involved a trip there, but the canonicity of the novels isn't really all that clear.

I screeched with glee when I saw Rose at the end. No joke, I was giggling like a little school girl for a good fifteen minutes. I can't wait to see how she managed to escape "Pete's World" - other than "Via the Void". XD

Indeed The Stone Rose is quite a good novel IMO. IIRC the doctor closed the void so it most likely has somet to do with the rift. that might be why jack is in the finale. That is, unless they found another bloomin gap, which would pretty much kill the void situation IMO

I too laughed like a little school girl at Rose's return. I loved it! I have to say it was quick though.

Btw - have i ever sed ur avatar looks like the doctor - possesed. lol

Archived