Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

I'm not really sure what to make of this Matt Smith. I've never heard of him before. I guess I should wait until 2010 to see what he does with the character. There wasn't much of a build up just before he appeared, so when he started talking about being the 11th Doctor, there was a long pause from me, followed by: "...What? Wait a minute; who is this guy, and why is he talking about being the 11th Doctor?" Then, it sunk in.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Silly hair, but it could have been so much worse. It could, for example, have been Catherine Tate. *shudder*

And what's wrong with her? She was a brilliant actress that complimented Tennant's Doctor extremely well, and the snarky and clever attitude that Donna Noble sported was, in my opinion, much more compelling than the whole helpless, kind of inept most of the time, save for a few shining exceptions where she dropped names to threaten enemies thing that Rose Tyler had going on, and Martha's insufferably whiny "WHY DON'T YOU LOOOOVE MEEEEE?" attitude.

I wouldn't want Tate on for the new Doctor. That just wouldn't make sense in keeping with the show's continuity. But she was by far one of the best companions, and my personal favourite.

I'm not sure what to say. I was hoping for a return to an older, more sombre Doctor.

Im not sure that it's written in stone anywhere but havent all the docs been getting progressively younger? In the show, DTs doc also made reference to how he used to be old and grumpy, so it'd be unusual if he went back to that.

I was hoping for an ebony skinned, suave Calrissian-esque doctor(Paterson Joseph), but it seems were stuck with nerdy white guys forever. :xp:

ah well, I hope he does okay, he definitely will have the eyes of the world on him, so he'd be feeling the pressure a bit ;)

mtfbwya

Im not sure that it's written in stone anywhere but havent all the docs been getting progressively younger?

Your point being...?

In the show, DTs doc also made reference to how he used to be old and grumpy, so it'd be unusual if he went back to that.

I never said anything about making him grumpier. Just older. More cerebral, with a dry, more sarcastic kind of humour.

Archived