Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i saw the moon. it was bright.

i want to kill something. so tomorrow 5am....though, there's 3 deer already in the freezer, what's 1 more. haha. i need a buck though, doubt i'll see one...but if i do, i'm a good shot.

gonna stay up and play cod4 tonight. or i can boot my parents off the tv now

quite happy since I no longer have to work weekends until I get a promotion to 3rd shift supervisor... which might happen in a few months. More pay, and a premium!

downside is I have to pay an extra $100 for health insurance this month, since the old provider jacked up thier prices before we could switch.

I woke up this morning with my kitty scratching my back... with claws

Now I am thinking about what I should do for food. Might go out and something to eat instead of making it

Slept. A lot. 11+ hours. Guess I needed it.

Show last night was a little bit of a bigger pain-in-the-ass than I anticipated.

They had their own engineer, which I didn't know about. The paperwork we had was out-of-date and all wrong, and the engineer wanted us to set up the monitor board, which we put away when we saw how easy the show was... so we had to spend 20 minutes dragging that out and setting that all up again.

Other than that, it was a pretty easy day.

Finally: a day off. No plans... other than a little grocery shopping, and off to a party thrown by co-workers later tonight.

Work sucks. Seriously, retail stores suck. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.

As much as I do hate them, I look back and McDonald's and the &*%^ they put me through and I cannot imagine ever doing that again. So comparitivly speaking, my job is CAKE WALK.

My new job in January will be more cake walk. I learned I get to drive the new Chevy HHR for Field Services, not the old "I'm gonna rob you" vans our installers drive.

4wD, loaded with everything, Ipod ready... Hoooo boy. :D

Tomorrow we are going to a hotel called the Great Wold lodge and stay the night.

http://www.greatwolf.com/grandmound/lodge?s_kwcid=hotel|2622644783

It's a big place with a big wave pool and water slides. The wifes sister and step mom are also going. So I have Monday off. Yippie...

Have you been there before? I sort of remember this from somewhere.

Seems like your kids are the perfect age to enjoy this. Man, I loved wave pools and water slides...

We have never been to this place before. I think it's pretty new, maybe 1-2 years old. We went and looked at it one Sunday a few moths ago. They got a water slide that 4 people can go down at one time. :D Back in 07 we stayed at a place in South Dakota ,when we went to Mt Rushmore, that had a water park as well. It was a blast...

The kids love the water..

I was a part of a bachelor party for one of my old high school running buddies today. Part of the party just happened to be bowling at my bowling center, and I was glad to be able to shoot over 200 for them in one of the games. All in all, a good time for the time I was with the party (which is probably continuing as I write this).

nice.....

went to bed at 1:30am...fell asleep, probably 2am...woke up at around 4am...out in woods from 5am-11am....call of duty 4 til 1:20, then headed to work. as predicted, it was bad. very bad. had my one coworker call off, the department manager wasn't scheduled in so it was me and 2 other people...well the 2 of them had to go to lunch at the same time, so i got to be there by myself for an hour...continuous storm of 4x8 greeting card prints. someone screwed the 8x10 cartridge, which i eventually fixed at around 9pm...had like 4 mad customers, not going to be printing pictures at our store again. one of them had the wit to ask me if i cared if my name was remembered, i said 'at this point, i don't really care.' since the printer wasn't printing "fast enough" and orders weren't on time. so i was like 'you know what, i don't know when your pictures will be ready, i'm not even going to guarantee that they'll be done today. how about that? that answer drove them away. not my fault, i was being serious. the printer for some retarded reason just stopped printing between when i went to lunch and came back, so i had to figure that out...restarting fixed everything.

my 5x7 professional photographer dude came, he printed 170 pictures, by that time almost all the orders were finished, i fixed the 8x10 paper, someone didn't load it right, so it wasn't even getting pulled out of the cartridge. grrrrr....

i basically ran the lab by myself from 7pm-11pm. it has been a long day....on my lunch break i went down to visit my friend who works at radio shack, and happens to be the son of my old landlord's wife. we haven't really hung out since i moved, he rented me a copy of world at war, so i'm gonna eat something quick, then play that.

i work freakin 12-9...i hope nobody calls off...cause it's just me and one other person and possibly the department manager...i'm glad i am not a calloffer.

Archived