Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Anyone have any recommendations on wireless carriers? I jump across the border to Maine often enough (shopping, ski trips) to justify getting a pay as you go SIM card to pop into my current phone while I'm there, but I have no idea what carrier to go with. I don't even know what carriers there are...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am avoiding Guitar Hero/Rock Band because I am a sick, sick perfectionist, and I know I would never rest until I had perfected every song.

I can tell you from experience that as a guitar player, those games are brutally frustrating... as you kinda need to forget everything you already know about music, and concentrate on arbitrary rhythmic patterns and fingerings that may or may not have anything to do with the music.

I was much, MUCH better at Guitar Hero with the sound off... that's all I'm saying.

Yesterday:

Did laundry all day.

Took a nap.

Played a bit of Ace Combat and CoD4 thanks to inspiration provided by this thread.

May have found one of my half sisters on Myspace... We'll have to see how that pans out...

heh. went out hunting today. i didn't get anything but my dad did...i said he could use my tag for it, but eh..the property owner got all pissed at him for it, yelling, etc...could've been worse.

and i got in the house and work had called...2 people called out, i was planning on going back out to hunt, but after that incident, i figured ill go work instead...so i showed up to save the day, in exchange for tomorrow off. hell yeah. i'm runnin on 3 hours sleep. was at work from 6-10, running the department by myself. i rock.

gonna meet up with my one friend tomorrow at his new apartment and play some rock band 2.

the one friend that was pissing me off at work seems to have settled down, that girl i was semi-interested in is going out with him. she's 18 anyway...

there's 2 other possibilities, one just started working at walmart, i've seen her before as a customer and she's kinda cute (no clue of her status though) and there's a friend of the one girl that was here at the party i had that is possibly available.

back on call of duty 4 addiction...couldn't stop playing it last night...

Long day at work yesterday... even though I went in kinda late.

Setup and soundcheck of the school's big showcase concert of the year. 9 singers, each doing 2 songs. Huge band. Multitrack recording. Lights EVERYWHERE!

Same thing tonight... only this time, we have to run a full dress rehearsal as well.

Show tomorrow.

Yippee.

Nitro, now we can do free mobile to mobile calls as we have T-mobile too. :D

Awesome! That gives me an idea...

I wonder if I can find anyone selling a cheap GSM phone I can dump a second card into. Cell phones would make coordination much easier, since the places I ski are big enough that it's easy to be out FRS radio range.

been playing cod4 all day...level 54! i'll probably reset once i get 55...i'll only get better...i'm learning how to use the sub machineguns, set the perks right so i can actually kill someone with them. also, checking out the M4...it's sweet.

i only play on hardcore mode...it's addicting.

Archived