Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah!!! get CoD4!!!! add OBVIOUS DOOM to your friends list. :)

best multiplayer games are CoD4, Halo 3, and GRAW 2. you can pick GRAW 2 up for $20 at walmart. (has some sweet co-op and stuff) i'd also recommend Gears of War 2 but i haven't played it.

Tried COD4 on the PC. Hated it. I'm probably not going to play too many shooters, since I'm a mouse and keyboard kind of guy. I mainly wanted this for Street Fighter IV, Fight Night Round 4 (which are both coming in 2009), and I did want to play Mirror's Edge. It also came with Lego Indiana Jones, which I'll probably like, since I liked Lego Star Wars. I'll probably pick up The Force Unleashed as well. Other than that, maybe a flying game - Ace Combat 6?

ah, not many non-shooters that i can think of for xbox. well unless you like rpgs...then there's oblivion and fable 2. also lego star wars has multiplayer i think (edlib would know more on that)...I also recommend EndWar.

Why did you hate Call of Duty 4?

ah, not many non-shooters that i can think of for xbox. well unless you like rpgs...then there's oblivion and fable 2. also lego star wars has multiplayer i think (edlib would know more on that)...I also recommend EndWar.

Hate RPGs.

Why did you hate Call of Duty 4?

I kick it old school, dog, you know what I'm saying? COD4 is too busy, has too much stuff, is too slow, and is too...I don't know...realistic...tactical? Doom II, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast even - I like those games. Where you are just by yourself, running around shooting stuff. Not sure if there are too many shooters coming up that I would even enjoy. TimeSplitters 4, maybe; I loved TimeSplitters 2.

Ace Combat 6 is uber. Not a real flight sim... more like a Rogue Squadron on steroids. Still: lot o' fun!

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga has co-op.

Also in the RPG realm: Mass Effect.

And while I still to this day prefer mouse/ keyboard for FPS... I have adapted.

Hate RPGs.

Doom II, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast even...

Sorry... didn't see what you had posted about RPGs...

If you like Doom II, you might like the Gears Of War games.

The Orange Box too...

Once you are online, you can download demos to almost everything. That's my suggestion.

Plus: You can still play almost all the original XBox games too... which opens up a massive, and affordable library of titles.

I actually hated Half-Life 2. Portal looked cool, though. But again, that's something I'd get on PC.

I'm not really too into multiplayer. But I will smack you n00bs down when Street Fighter IV comes out.

Yeah, most of my free time is spent on music stuff, so I don't want to overload myself on games. I am going to start taking organ lessons pretty soon :cool:

An HD "Remix" Street Fighter II Turbo just dropped on XBLA last week.

Also, if you liked the classics, be sure to check out Mega Man 9.

Finally, if you're online by the time Fight Night Round 4 drops, I'll play with you. You can probably find Round 3 pretty cheap by now, too.

EDIT: XBLA = Xbox Live Arcade

An HD "Remix" Street Fighter II Turbo just dropped on XBLA last week.

Yeah, but I already own like nine million versions of Street Fighter II. I don't really need another one. Street Fighter III on the other hand...

Finally, if you're online by the time Fight Night Round 4 drops, I'll play with you. You can probably find Round 3 pretty cheap by now, too.

Yeah, Round 3 was a bit too similar to Round 2 to bother with. You're on for Round 4, though.

HATED HL2? Well I see you guys just got taken off my christmas list. ;)

I loved all the new HL games but then again the only games I have ever played are HL, the JK series and FarCry. Never tried much of anything else. No RPG or stratigy games.

I miss my Weighted Companion Cube.....

Also: ROck Band/Guitar Hero is pretty fun. Lots of good music (as well as bad musics) and lots of songs to download. Rush's Moving Pictures Album wnet up for DLC for Rock Band 1/2, which for me, makes it a no brainer. I did buy GH:WT and it's OK...........Hot for the Teacher by Van Halen was the only real song I was looking forward to.

I also have CoD4, Halo 3, GH3, Oblivion. I haven't picked up any new games since World of Warcraft is my time sink.

But if you wanna play, let me know.

Archived