Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Ugh... metal guitar.

My ears are still ringing. Swell.

It was a day of contrasts at work: Before the metal group, we had a solo acoustic player playing ragtime songs finger-style on a nylon string.

Talk about different ends of the spectrum...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knee is feeling pretty good, so I increased my morning runs to four miles. I've pretty much been able to keep the same 7 minute mile pace. But there are a lot more hills on the new route and my feet are feeling a bit battered.

new shoes!

resubscribed to Star Wars Galaxies. my 2 weeks off from it have been great, but times like this on my days off when nobody is around...or at night when i can't get on the xbox cause parents are watching tv....

just not going to overdo it this time.

Nice day yesterday. VERY nice day. Perhaps perfect, even.

We worked it out so that I don't have to work EVERY night this week... so I managed to get outside for a couple of hours after work. Hope to do the same tonight.

Work itself was a bit... whatever. Lunch was disappointing, though not terrible. Just not up to the usual standards.

Work was OK. Lunch was better than the day before.

Walked for almost 3 hours after work last night. Feel like I could have done much more... but I ran out of daylight. :mad:*Shakes fist at the sky* Curse you, days getting shorter!

I'll have to plan my walks better from this point on... either by leaving work earlier when I'm not working nights... or planning to walk along well-lit routes with lots of streetlights.

It was the position round last night in my league...team split the points, and I checked the pair to the right of us...the team we were 3 points ahead of took 6, so we ended up ahead of them by a point. Don't know how the 4th place team did, but if they got swept, we move up to 4th, otherwise, we stay in 5th. All-in-all, a good summer. Looking forward to bowling the fall/winter season...meeting for that league is next week after payouts for my summer league. :D

Walked for almost 3 hours after work last night. Feel like I could have done much more... but I ran out of daylight. :mad:*Shakes fist at the sky* Curse you, days getting shorter!

You take some long walks, ed. I do my morning runs and walk for about an hour on my lunch break, but the only time I walk more than a couple of hours is on the beach or when I've got some heavy thinking to do.

You take some long walks, ed. I do my morning runs and walk for about an hour on my lunch break, but the only time I walk more than a couple of hours is on the beach or when I've got some heavy thinking to do.

I'm attempting to get in the best shape of my life before I turn 40. I currently have less than 2 years now to go.

I really let myself go during my 30s. I was starting to build a career, so I was always busy with work, eating most of my meals out, and frankly... wasn't really motivated to care about my appearance and other, non-work related aspects of my life.

Once there were some new hires on my job, and I wasn't working long-hour 7-day weeks for months on end, and could really look at the state of my life... I started to really get concerned about the state I found myself in: physically; emotionally; socially...

Walking was a small step I could take then and there to try and remedy that.

Now I have started to actually need to do it... and I feel jittery and upset when I don't exercise enough in a given week.

But it does produce results:

I have, in just a little over a year, gone from a tight 42-inch waist on my pants... to a loose 38 (I might be able to squeeze into a 36 by now... but I'm not ready to re-do my entire wardrobe again.)

My current goal is 34 inches by the end of next summer... and 32 (the skinniest I have ever been in my adult life, almost 20 years ago...) by the time I hit my 40th birthday.

I am also attempting to become more attractive to the female of the species... who have collectively pretty much chose to ignore my existence (or, when in one of those incredibly rare instances, one of them did appear to notice me in some tiny way,.. it was NEVER really a positive thing for me...) for the greater part of the last decade... if not even longer.

That part hasn't worked out the way I would like it... yet. But there are slight signs that the tide may be slowly turning in my favor.

At least I like to think it is... Well,.. if I choose to believe it, it will just be further motivation to keep me out there on marathon walking excursions anyway...

I also do a LOT of HEAVY thinking when I'm out there too. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to meditation... but it does help.

congrats uncle keyan

@ed & r15: I know how important exercise is. It reduces stress. Thankfully I have developed a healthy lifestyle in my teens when doing Martial arts. your body WANTs to stay in good shape.

Also in good news, I got a surprise raise at work. Not much, but It was nice to be acknowledged by my bosses via monetary means instead of verbal. Also with 30+ hours of overtime my 2 week check this week is at 4 digits.

Happy birthday, Wildstar!!!

Gary Hoey band at work yesterday.

Loud... but fun. At least they had a lot of energy.

Had some guy who claimed he was Alabama and the Eagles soundguy tell me that our PA system sucked after the show. Didn't know what to say to him.

To each his own I guess. I think it's the best sounding system I've ever worked on. I just kinda "Uh huh"-ed him to death while he was standing there, and went back to work as soon as I could.

Problem is muscle mass. I need to work on tone and definition, but have no access to equipment to do so or time to go to a gym or take martial arts lessons......

I have the opposite problem. I have a lot of muscle mass, but staying thin is really a chore. I did a couple of years of weight training in high school, when I was into martial arts, but since then the only thing I have done is run. Still, I have great leg, abdominal and chest muscles. The arms could use some work, though, but I don't really care about that.

The problem with this, as I have complained about before, I think, is pants. Finding pants that fit is impossible. I have a pair of jeans, 32-32. Perfect length, fit great in the waist, but they are so tight around the legs that I can't really wear them. So I have another pair, same brand, same size, but "relaxed fit." Those have enough room in the legs, but the waist is bigger! What the hell? If it says 32 waist, it should be a 32 waist! I can't get 30 relaxed fit, because then there's not enough room in the legs again. There's no way to win.

Clearly my only option is to rob a bank and have all my pants custom made.

Rough night at work.

The band was nice (one of my former crew guys playing in it,) and I thought the music was good... but I was having the most miserable time all dialing in the mix. Never got it either.

Perfectionism sucks.

They were really happy with the sound, and the audience said (to them, anyway...) it sounded great. But I was never happy with it. I kept hearing odd things that shouldn't have been there. And the reverb and effects sounded wrong to me all night. I was having weird technical and operator-error issues all night too.

Just a bad night for me overall.

I guess we all have to have one from time to time.

Archived