Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Yo... I AM trying to hook a brother up... Me!

I'm trying to hook myself up. Hands off!

That's the one I drove home Thanksgiving night.

She lives 5 minutes away from me... and she just friended me on Facebook.

The one on the left is the girlfriend of the other guy in the picture... and the one in the middle is my buddy's wife.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go ed.

Advice: Never bring her here.

Shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Actually... while it's a great fantasy: I am well enough aware of my history with the female of the species to know that I probably have less of a chance with her than an ice cube does on the surface of the sun... even if Hell were to suddenly freeze over, twice... and she and I woke up one day to learn we are the very last 2 people alive on planet Earth.

:dozey:

Still... now that I have ways to contact her, I guess attempt I'll see if she is the slightest bit receptive.

She tracked me down online, after all. Maybe that's a good sign...

Hmmm... No offense intended, dude... but:

While that was indeed a bad time filled with undoubtedly horrible atrocities, I'm wondering how long one can continue to be so emotional over events that ended decades before any of us were born?

But... on the other hand: here it is, 2008... and we still as a society often talk about the Nazis, the Civil War, and slavery as if those were all still fresh wounds.

I'm part Native American Indian... I guess I could have a few things to say about national occupation and genocidal atrocities if I chose to revisit history in that way.

Of course: I'm actually as, if not more, related to ancestors who are guilty of committing those same human-rights crimes... so I'm not exactly sure who I could be ever angry at... so it's a wash, I guess.

Anyway:

Last night - 5 back to back gospel bands. Yikes!

Started out loud... got progressively louder as the night went on. I foolishly didn't have any earplugs down at the board... and now I'm paying for it today with ears that are ringing.

Oh well...

I probably didn't need to hear those frequencies anymore, anyway. :rolleyes:

Ed/Zargon; It's more of a thing that history kinda of washed over that, and the Koreans kinda got the short end of the stick in the post war era, and we never really look into what actually happened during those years. Yeah, the Japanese beat the Chinese into a bloody submission to the point even the Nazi's went "Holy S*&t that's messed up yo." but history sees one instance of pure brutality when there were several others.

Add the fact the Japanese were NEVER punished as bad as the Nazi's for pure political reasons, it's rather upsetting. Germany does in a very small way recognize that their leaders in that time were horrible human beings capable of horrible acts against human kind. Japanese textbooks gloss over World War II as a passing thought. According to Japanese textbooks, all that happened was two extremely powerful and large bombs got dropped on them after a 10 year long conflict that's largely glossed over.

I'm not that old, but national pride comes forth and when people speak of the atrocities that were commited during that era, we always forget what was going on in that part of the world. And the Japanese never ever seem to show any remorse.

I didnt realize you were that old................

he's not.

although, i question the resentment, but i sorta understand.

on the flip side, there is still alot of Japanese still resenting those two little things that were 'specially delivered' to their people about 60 years ago before the end of WWII... :rolleyes:

edit

Also to those music fans who can remember or those who dont: band members to System of a Down had relatives to the Armenian Genocide 1915-17

Ed/Zargon; It's more of a thing that history kinda of washed over that, and the Koreans kinda got the short end of the stick in the post war era, and we never really look into what actually happened during those years. Yeah, the Japanese beat the Chinese into a bloody submission to the point even the Nazi's went "Holy S*&t that's messed up yo." but history sees one instance of pure brutality when there were several others.

Add the fact the Japanese were NEVER punished as bad as the Nazi's for pure political reasons, it's rather upsetting. Germany does in a very small way recognize that their leaders in that time were horrible human beings capable of horrible acts against human kind. Japanese textbooks gloss over World War II as a passing thought. According to Japanese textbooks, all that happened was two extremely powerful and large bombs got dropped on them after a 10 year long conflict that's largely glossed over.

I'm not that old, but national pride comes forth and when people speak of the atrocities that were commited during that era, we always forget what was going on in that part of the world. And the Japanese never ever seem to show any remorse.

honeslty I understeand and was being sarcastic :)

I find people here that talk about slavery like that still...I find that sorta....rediculous

I have never heard much of anything about what happened in Korea during WW2

I do actually understand too... but I also have always had trouble finding fault with someone alive today for something one of their ancestors might have done.

I mean: There are even things my own government is currently doing in my name that I simply don't approve of, and that I really don't want to have to take the credit for... let alone things that might have happened before I, or even my parents were born.

I'm just saying: you have every right to dislike the situation that happened, and choose to not forget... but is it fair to lay that on the heads of people living today that had nothing to do with it? Even the current government authorities for something their predecessors did?

And that whole "Institutional Apology" thing has always seemed symbolic, but useless. There's nothing that can be done for the people who lived through those horrors now... and the people that committed them are probably all long dead and gone, or so old that they are beyond caring what happens to them... so all you can really do is saddle a current generation that had nothing to do with it with the feeling that they should be guilty for the way their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents may have thought or acted.

I dunno... It just feels to me that if we choose go back far enough, we will all have dirt and blood stains on our family trees... so what's to be the statute of limitations in these cases? 50 years? 100?

There are probably a LOT of history books that would have to be amended and re-written if we going to be 100% accurate and truthful. I suspect that what I think I know about American and European history has been altered from the unvarnished dirty truth.

I'm not saying what the Japanese are teaching their children is proper... but they certainly aren't the first to attempt to gloss-over and cover up a shameful period of the past,.. and sure won't be the last.

In this case, the accurate truth is actually out there, and I'm sure many, if not most well educated Japanese citizens are already aware of what happened, even if they don't ever talk about it.

But that's just how I personally feel.

I obviously don't have your national background, or one really like it,.. so perhaps I just can't emphasize to the extent I should.

Cracken, it is stupid to hold a countries inhabitants responsable for horrors that occured before many were even born. Every country has it's skeletons, we just need to remember in hopes it will not be repeated.

btw.. it looks like my kitty has become possesed... only took a week

tenjin1203.jpg

hahahaha I'll try

thanks for the congrats everyone

she put her car in a ditch last night :(

shes shaken but not stirred, car is a bit uglier but still driveable. We were going to get her a new car this weekend anyways and get rid of mine

still will, but im back to driving an ugly turd again...oh well!

Archived