Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bought the xbox live communicator headset and a 3 month subscription to xbox live, at Best Buy today. also cracken, what is this best buy rewards thing i agreed to participate in?

going to give EndWar a shot on the sp, then head onto xbox live and play a few rounds of either that or bad company with my friend.

yeah, we also have with that if you spend 2500 in a calender year, you get 5$ for about every 150$ you spend, extended return policy, waving of restocking fees on cameras, laptops, and desktops.

It's stupid, but in the department I work in, you can easily get like 60-120 dollars back on one purchase.

It's free, so why the hell not I guess.

No different from the points systems on Visas, Mastercards, and your local gas stations... Provides the illusion of rewarding loyalty, and it works. I buy all my gas at either Esso or Petro-Canada stations because of their respective points programs... I drive enough that the points add up to some pretty sweet free stuff (like tires), and if someone's willing to give me free swag for money I'm spending anyway, then I'm going to go out of my way to make sure they're getting my money. :p

And speaking of driving, the boys and I are taking a 6-hour road trip today for the express purpose of getting the world's best ribs and some fantastic locally-brewed beer (well, local to where we're headed).

oh, well at least it didn't cost anything. Is the card encoded with any gps tracking device, since i'll be carrying it in my wallet, which is usually located on my person...

(yeah only i would think of that...)

only reward card thing i found most useful was the gophone one since i buy those $15 every so often then find i have an extra $10....but someone showed me how to go online and select a plan for it that makes calling after 7pm pretty much free...so...yeah gotta check that.

played endwar for a few...hard to get used to shouting orders at my units. i joined the russians. it's pretty cool so far, a little tough getting used to the controls and how to move units around. Gonna take a while to learn it i think. it's been over a year since i played a strategy game. last one i played was Empire at War. this game definitely looks like something that could happen in World War III.

i bought the xbox live communicator headset

Is that the wireless, Bluetooth-looking earpiece?

I have one one of those. Conked out a couple of weeks ago after about 8 months. (And I found out online that is actually a pretty good lifespan for one of these units. They usually don't last that long)

I'm back to the wired one that plugs into the controller.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

I could send mine back, but I'm not sure it will be worth it. Maybe in a couple of weeks when work slows down again.

Work was slow and boring. Watched "The Simpsons Movie" On-Demand when I got home.

Things seem to be progressing nicely with the online friendship I have with the lady I met at Thanksgiving. We've been chatting a little each day, and making comments on each-other's profiles and photos.

I think I'll send her my cell number tomorrow and see if she ever wants to meet up for dinner sometime.

Nothing to lose (and perhaps everything to gain...) I guess.

no it's the wired one. i didn't feel like shelling out the $60 for a new bluetooth one. if you're looking for the wireless bluetooth one, go to bestbuy, they got EndWar AND wireless bluetooth headset for $90. good deal i would say. Next games i plan to get: Fable 2, Call of Duty: World at War, and Gears of War 2. EndWar is gonna be a pain playing online in the theatre of war, cause people i'll be up against will have their units upgraded and stuff. i saw someone on the leaderboard...83 wins, 3 losses! That's why i'm gonna play a bunch sp first, learn each units strength/weakness then apply that. haha.

might go out tonight w/some friends. going hunting tomorrow at 5am. should be fun since i work 2-11. all nighter i say.

Every 250 you spend in the Best Buy you will get a 5$ gift certificate in the mail. Joy? It's a <beep> little rewards program we have to con people into buying more.

I hate to say it, but best buy sells overpriced crap. not that there is all crap there, just i can get better for cheaper elsewhere

Today:

I was planning on taking it off... until a meeting I had to attend was scheduled. :rolleyes:

Took me forever to wake up this morning. I woke up during the night, and only got back to sleep minutes before the alarm went off. It was a rough morning of dozing back off the second I stopped moving.

Work was thankfully slow. Had the meeting, shuffled some papers, answered some emails.

Had lunch with an old friend I went to college with who is now working here again. Seems like she is doing well.

Fell back to sleep the second I came through the door. Just woke back up. Hopefully I won't be up long.

Working all day tomorrow (10 Gospel bands) and Sunday (the Wolfe brothers from some show on Nickelodeon.)

I imagine so.

I sent a message to my model friend this a.m. expressing interest, giving her my cell number, and seeing if she would ever like to meet for dinner sometime.

Hopefully it didn't come across too strong.

We'll see how it goes...

How many do you have now Gunner? I thought it was just your son? Or am I all behind again?

And the Violin! A true muscian that one is.

Cracken, I have 2. A 9 yr old boy and 7yr old girl. He plays the piano and she the violin. She did really well as she has maybe only played for a year.

Keyan, you teach violin huh?

hey guys.

today will be busy. need to get haircut, take online quiz, study for biochem quiz, tooth identification quiz and anatomy stuff. plus try to do some cleaning and/or laundry and take care of kids.

r15, you are a total redneck and tops on my list of people who will one day get drunk and accidentally blow their head off or die in some way befitting a Darwin Award recipient.

hey N00t.

ed, get that girl! i loves me some asian persuasion!

Archived