Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice! I really like the red fog, adds a really cool atmosphere.

-Doc

I know.

Its as pimpin' as that door you made... (@Doc) (Inside Joke)

If I do get K1, This is #1 on the list (Along with any other BoS updates) of mods I'll download.

Cool, and I got some questions:

Will you put Kobayashi's Visor?

In the mandalorian assault revan was full darkside with custom transicions, was a weird effect or a new appearance?

Edit: Are you close to finish?

Deleted many of your spam posts HK... keep the repeat questions and 'chat' out of here. -RH

Cool, and I got some questions:

Will you put Kobayashi's Visor?

In the mandalorian assault revan was full darkside with custom transicions, was a weird effect or a new appearance?

By "Will you put Kobayashi's Visor?" I assume you mean, will Kobayashi's be available for the player to use? And yes it will.

And the dark side transitions your referring too are completely unrelated to the mod. They are from a reskin I did sometime last year.

SilverEdge, the one thing that really made my cry was the fact that you did no UVW-mapping at all! :sad:

I hope you'll be able to learn how to so you can make some NEW wepons and stuff!

Modelling isn't my thing, I've tried countless times to learn - But I can't maintain interest for long enough to make any significant progress with anything. Still, that doesn't mean there is isn't any custom moddelled content in the mod, Quanon has created a number of great custom maps and an item so far.

Modelling isn't my thing, I've tried countless times to learn - But I can't maintain interest for long enough to make any significant progress with anything. Still, that doesn't mean there is isn't any custom moddelled content in the mod, Quanon has created a number of great custom maps and an item so far.

Modeling may not be, but I think everything else is. :xp:

Great tomb Silver! Is that the tomb of Marka Ragnos, re-lightmapped?

Modeling may not be, but I think everything else is. :xp:

Great tomb Silver! Is that the tomb of Marka Ragnos, re-lightmapped?

It's one of the tombs, the one with all the droids I believe. It's been re-lightmapped and retextured to make it more fitting for the purpose I have in mind. :p

I'm just happy to be finally working on the section of the mod (essentially the finale) that I've been thinking about and waiting for since the project started back in October. All the ideas and concepts from my master document (Yes, one exists - more on this in a moment) that have been collected for months and months can now be finally placed into the mod.

And yes, the "Master Document" as I like to call it is essentially a Word Document full of everything I've written for the mod so far - Item descriptions, module descriptions, character descriptions, character motives, ideas, concepts, dialogue... lots of stuff. Currently, it's 37,294 words long - Which if I were to print it all on A4 with size 12 times new roman text, it would be 112 pages long. Lots of depth. :p

Are you close to finish?

I remember mentioning that I was past halfway point in terms of implmenting content some time ago. Though I'm not prepared to give any information concerning the release at this point in time. It'l be done when it's done.

At the back of my mind, the plan goes something like this;

Create BoS:SR content <-- Stage I'm at now

Refine and Perfect BoS:SR content

Closed Beta Testing

Voiceover recording

Voiceover implementation

Final Testing

Packaging

Release

Collapse

I agree; awesome screeny. How did you manage that fog?

Create BoS:SR content <-- Stage I'm at now

Refine and Perfect BoS:SR content

Closed Beta Testing

Voiceover recording

Voiceover implementation

Final Testing

Packaging

Release

Collapse

May I suggest removing this last step, and instead implementing a series of small 'rest's?

BTW; looks like you really have no need to spend time modeling and UV mapping. Seems to me you're good enough at reskinning to get away with it ;)

Happy Hunting!

~Paper~

Silver, just to ask. You going to come up with an explanation for people that might have killed the Captain and Crew of the Orion on the original? :evil1: Like me. Or is it going to be canon... they die anyway, how you going to pull that explanation off?

Silver, just to ask. You going to come up with an explanation for people that might have killed the Captain and Crew of the Orion on the original? :evil1: Like me. Or is it going to be canon... they die anyway, how you going to pull that explanation off?

There doesn't need to be an explanation, If you don't kill the crew members when you are given the option to, they are killed by the Brotherhood of Shadow when they were released - I figured it was pretty obvious. :p

Currently, the only surviving member of the Orion is Mec Han'ic.

There doesn't need to be an explanation, If you don't kill the crew members when you are given the option to, they are killed by the Brotherhood of Shadow when they were released - I figured it was pretty obvious. :p

Currently, the only surviving member of the Orion is Mec Han'ic.

Will you get a chance to kill him? :xp: As he always struck me as annoying.

I hope so. Doesn't everyone hate him? I have an idea for you SilverEgde...

What if the PC

Revan

has another vision of his past and goes to when he and Malak found the Star Forge. You then fight the 'Guardians' to reach the main control console to start building Revan's empire.

I don't want to pry but the thought of being in your amazingly fantastic visions makes me want to fit! Please do this...

I hope so. Doesn't everyone hate him? I have an idea for you SilverEgde...

What if the PC

Revan

has another vision of his past and goes to when he and Malak found the Star Forge. You then fight the 'Guardians' to reach the main control console to start building Revan's empire.

I don't want to pry but the thought of being in your amazingly fantastic visions makes me want to fit! Please do this...

Visions are only used if they have some connection or relevance to the main story.

Looks great, Silver.

I just played the original BoS and was totally blown away by how good it is. Needless to say I'm eagerly looking forward to this. Having read the entire thread, I must say that this has every indication of being even better. :)

I don't think that revan and Malak when they first found the star forge had to fight against the "guardians".

by "guardians" you mean the star forge droids I guess

They already were darkside and the star forge wasn't active.

We can imagine that after a test (like the one in the ruins on Dantooine) they obtained a total access to the entire Star Forge.

If you have to fight so much droids at the end of the main story, it's because of Malak.

I hope so. Doesn't everyone hate him [Mechanic]? I have an idea for you SilverEgde...

Why does some people hate everyone that critscizes their avatar on the game? People hate Selkath for lording themselves over the player, people hate Vrook because he's the rash kind of mentor and now you're saying people love to hate the Mechanic because he's smart-mouthed? He's the fun of BoS.

Why does some people hate everyone that critscizes their avatar on the game? People hate Selkath for lording themselves over the player, people hate Vrook because he's the rash kind of mentor and now you're saying people love to hate the Mechanic because he's smart-mouthed? He's the fun of BoS.

He was funny, and yet annoying at the same time.

Looking back at the original BoS - With the exception of Mec Han'ic and Walun Vau (The aristocratic Mandalorian :p), I felt personality wise the crew members were rather generic.

But I've had lots of fun writing scenarios for the Orion crew members this time around. I've spent lots of time trying to develop unique, individual personalities for each of the prominent crew members. For example, Drix Keliwt has developed into a bit of a manic who seems to have consumed too much space-caffine, not bothering much to take a breath between sentences. :p

None of the crew members border on anything close to slapstick, but I believe the Orion modules are probably the most comedic sections of the mod.

Walun Vau... oh! The one who was all like "for mandalore, we will take a planet!" Ah, memories, memories.

If the Orion is the most comedic, what is the most serious part of the mod?

The part at the end where you wake up on the Ebon Hawk and find it was all just a spice induced dream...

Though in all fairness most of the dialogue is serious - You just need to stick elements of humour here and there to lighten the mood occasional. Not that it means Mandalore would tell a joke during his death speech, but you get the idea.

Archived