Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Holowan! I'm here to tell you all that Team Jawa might not be completely dead! The following members have made contact and are currently on The Restoration Project: Quanon, Master Zionosis, Mr. Orange (I'm not for sure, but he said he'd talk to SithRevan and try to get this thing going again), Glovemaster, and last but not least, DarthInSidious. I am so glad to see these awesome people returning. It seemed to be an awful waste to let all that these dedicated team members have worked so hard on go to waste. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but Team Jawa may consume Team Hutt. If Team Jawa comes back, all the Sleheyron modules that I have worked on will be dontated, and I will offer my services. If not, then work will still continue. While Team Hutt has announced a complete restoration, this may be on hold until we discover more. Several of the members have stated that they have school left to go, so this summer will be enormously full of updates and the like. As for the module, since I've heard these new updates, I'm going to work like a raving maniac. Don't ask me about plot, I'm just doing the modules. (Not that I don't care, but the plot is going to be a piece of cake next to the modules.)

May the Force be with us all! :)

No screens yet, expect some soon, though. I've got to fix the lighting and such, which is a tedious matter. Also, the module's not finished yet, but I'm working on it. I'm spending quite a bit of time examining the modules from KotOR from in-game, seeing what the devs have done, and trying to match their style.

• 2 weeks later...

I have high hopes for this mod! Sleheyron will be such an awesome mod when complete. It's been a while since I checked this, but I'm glad to see it's still alive. Are you planning any big surprises for this (I mean as if the whole planet wasn't a big surprise as is :D)? Where would the Star Map be? Or is that still unknown/hush-hush?

I suppose not lol. Glad to see that Calo and Bandon will be integrated it will make it feel as if it was never cut. What types of quests can we expect? I know the whole Yuthura being from Sleh. was just to add a reminder that the planet was supposed to be there once, but will you do anything about her being from there?

I'm not sure yet. She doesn't have any VO's for the planet, but she could communicate in Twi-lek. Maybe if you do Korriban lightside, she will free the slaves.

Doesn't another restoration mod have her go to Dantooine if you don't kill her on Korriban? Her going to Sleheyron would only make sense if Dantooine was destroyed before you go to Korriban.

Actually, no. There is no such mod, as that is actually part of the game.

If your persuade is high enough and you manage to ask her about herself 3-4 times with the correct convo options you can get her to call you a friend.

Then you have to spare her in the Sadow fight as well as asking her a persuade question, again with enough persuade.

If you do this right you can meet her on dantooine and have short conversation with her there, you can again ask her to join you though she will decline once more.

Having her show up on Sleheyron sounds like an excellent idea though, as i myself have always wondered what happened to her if i do Korriban either right before or after the leviathan.

The conversation she would have on Dantooine could easily be moved to Sleheyron instead though, that way would make it possible to reqruite her if needed.

Actually, she only agrees to rethink her path and says she's not sure she can go back to the Jedi. You could move the reunion (of sorts) to Sleheyron, but would have to remove her from the Dantooine mod where you encounter her after killing Uthar, as well as rework/replace related dialog.

OMG! Sithspecter has finally released a bunch of pics! Huzzah! Huzzah! :D

Hey, guys! I've been awful busy lately, and I've finally gotten around to posting a lot of major pics! I've been working extremely hard, at school, on Sleheyron, washing the dog, etc. But, progress is coming along at a pretty good rate. I'm expecting to finish this module by the end of April, and then get to work on the Ebon Hawk landing module. I've also completed a new door, and I'm probably going to have at least 3-4 new doors by the time it's all over with. There are still a few bugs, and a problem with Uv mapping or two, but it's really pretty nice. I warped to Sleheyron, and I can think, "this is what the devs would have made it like," except for mine probably isn't as good...

Also, I'm pretty sure that we might be able to solve that annoying camera problem. I've found a .2da called surfacemat, and it has rows on the NWN walk material about the line of sight and such. I haven't experimented fully with it yet, but it appears that the transparent and door materials block the line of sight, and that would be a step in the right direction.

Well, I'm going to have to wrap it up now, I hope you like the pics! :xp:

sleheyron_new08.jpg

sleheyron_new07.jpg

sleheyron_new06.jpg

sleheyron_new05.jpg

sleheyron_new04.jpg

sleheyron_new03.jpg

sleheyron_new02.jpg

sleheyron_new01.jpg

(Moderators please forgive me for using so many pics)

Maybe when/if Yuthura is on Sleheyron, after all the business on Korriban, as part of her moving away from the Dark Side, she also chooses to pick up her mother tongue (Twilek), rather than basic, as a sign of change? The rationale being that her slave or Sith masters might have forced Basic upon her, similarly to how African slaves had their cultural identities 'stripped' from them when they were shipped over to the America. She could explain that speaking it helps her remember where she's from and why she's doing what she does.

That way with some very basic editing of the existing female twilek VO files you could change the pitch to match or approximate that of Yuthura's and with a bit of cut-n-paste re-arrange everything around so it doesn't sound as generic.

Archived