Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great improvements SS, you've really grown in 3D modelling.

And seems like your doing a lot of research, I'm kinda fallen behind here, like all old men sticking to my old beliefs :lol:

It all looks very promosing. Keep up the good practice shots :p

Never be afraid to dumb something and redo it.

I've got a darker texture, and I guess I can use that. As for the sky, I'm going to bring up the brightness a bit. We're going to fill the space with cargo crates, placeables, NPC's walking waypoints, and various little things to bring it more life. Also, I'm going to have ships flying over and just little things like that make the area come to life. I've also re-done the door, and it is much improved. On the next section of street, it's going to be more confining. I'm going to have taller buildings closer together to make it feel oppressed, like the slaves. Also, I've found a hallway and a center thing that are from Sleheyron, and I'm going to incorporate it in future modules. In addition, I've been toying with the three gladiator arenas. They look absolutely awesome, and I've been trying to make a walkmesh for the spiral ramp one. I've got to add LOTS of lights, and fix a bunch of issues. But, it's better than having to create one of my own... I'm glad to see that all you guys are still interested in this.

Yes, so far, I've only constructed about a quarter of it. I know that sounds huge, but I've got a distinct plan in my head from what's in the LucasArts production pics. I'm trying to remain as faithful as possible to the original, which is what restorations are about. :xp:

Yes, so far, I've only constructed about a quarter of it. I know that sounds huge, but I've got a distinct plan in my head from what's in the LucasArts production pics. I'm trying to remain as faithful as possible to the original, which is what restorations are about.

For such little to build on, you are doing extremely well SS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am proud to announce that Team Hutt has a new member, GSCCC! GSCCC will be helping us out with module modelling, and that brings us up to four module modellers.

Alright, the current team members are:

DarthJebus05

Seamhainn

Quanon

Master Zionosis

DarthDingDong

Stream

DSTONEY

Darth InSidious

Master Waffle

Mr. Orange

GloveMaster

GSCCC

Sithspecter ;)

(Forgive me if I've forgotten someone)

Right now, I've got six weeks of school left. During that time, I'm going to focus on URM and Master Crush Recruitment mod. I'm going to try and pick up scriptng and work on improving my modelling skills. I'm asking everyone on the team (including myself) to try and wrap up/postpone work on other larger projects and focus on Sleheyron over the summer. At the end of the summer, I'd like to have all the modules built. With four modellers at three or four modules a piece, I think this will be feasible. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I think that setting deadlines will improve chances of this mod getting finished. I'm going to do my share, and if everyone does, we can get this thing done.

I've searched through all the game files, and the only models left from Sleheyron are the following:

crossgob.mdl-circle with four exits

hall01gob.mdl-hallway in crossgob

hall02gob.mdl-same

hall03gob.mdl-same

hall04gob.mdl-same

m31aa_00a.mdl-gladiator arena with a flat fighting surfact

m31ab_00a.mdl-gladiator arena with various walls in different positions, kinda like a maze, but easier

m31ad_00a.mdl-gladiator arena with large spiral ramps on different levels of platforms

The crossgob section is in no state to restore, but we can look at if for reference. It has basic architechural structure that we can use as a template. The hallgobs can be for the same purpose.

The gladiator arenas are a bit of a sticky wicket, no? They are beautiful, but painfully have no walkmeshes or lighting. I know we can create walkmeshes, but I'm not sure about lighting. Maybe we can add another 'area' to the .are with the appropriate lighting.

I've started a walkmesh for the spiral arena, and when I'm done with it, I'll work on the lighting.

SS

Those are great! O_O

A small idea though: is it possible to make a handful of viewing areas like they had on Geonosis in AotC?

Not that you can stand on. All the gray boxes in the stands are supposed to be people, but they don't render correctly. I might can fix it, but maybe not.

Right now, I've got six weeks of school left. During that time, I'm going to focus on URM and Master Crush Recruitment mod. I'm going to try and pick up scriptng and work on improving my modelling skills. I'm asking everyone on the team (including myself) to try and wrap up/postpone work on other larger projects and focus on Sleheyron over the summer. At the end of the summer, I'd like to have all the modules built. With four modellers at three or four modules a piece, I think this will be feasible. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I think that setting deadlines will improve chances of this mod getting finished. I'm going to do my share, and if everyone does, we can get this thing done.

Czerka on Korriban only needs the scripting done, dialogs are almost finished, all NPC's are placed.

Archived