Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but I've come to realize that you can't extract animated textures from the KotOR tool. They just have a big error and it won't do anything with them.

I'm not sure how your doing it for the extract but I haven't had any problems doing so in the past. However you will find problems frequently trying to extract the TXI information for the animated texture. For animated textures they actually have multiple frames of textures and the txi file actually provides the definition of how many frames and the image texture size and how frequently to cycle through it. I created an animated texture for T3-M4 and had it available at one time for download I'll try to find it and send it your way for a example of how to do it.

As these are new textures and porting isn't an issue, would you be opposed to the idea that Sleheyron be added to TSL as well? (Of course that wouldn't be a restoration but it might make a darn good mod.) If so, that might give you the opportunity to add in (or enhance existing) any of the ideas that you aren't able to fit in on your first go through - such as ones that might take away from your quests that you have in mind.

I'm not sure how your doing it for the extract but I haven't had any problems doing so in the past. However you will find problems frequently trying to extract the TXI information for the animated texture. For animated textures they actually have multiple frames of textures and the txi file actually provides the definition of how many frames and the image texture size and how frequently to cycle through it. I created an animated texture for T3-M4 and had it available at one time for download I'll try to find it and send it your way for a example of how to do it.

You mean a TXI similar to the one used for a saber blade here? It acts almost, if not entirely, exactly how you decribed your animated texture.

You mean a TXI similar to the one used for a saber blade here? It acts almost, if not entirely, exactly how you decribed your animated texture.

Without downloading the mod to see it's files, I didn't see any mention of any special animated saber blade texture.

However what I did with T3 is created a strip of textures together then the TXI parses the tga texture files for the game telling it what information to display during a certain amount of time for a frame. The effect that I went for was having T3's "Eye" and a few of his other lights flashing through a bright dark sequence. It really is a pretty cool effect all told.

Hmmmm.... Well, I'm not working on the lava tunnels quite yet, so it's not going to be an issue for a little while anyway. But, I'll probably end up making my own texture.

As these are new textures and porting isn't an issue, would you be opposed to the idea that Sleheyron be added to TSL as well? (Of course that wouldn't be a restoration but it might make a darn good mod.) If so, that might give you the opportunity to add in (or enhance existing) any of the ideas that you aren't able to fit in on your first go through - such as ones that might take away from your quests that you have in mind.

Sorry, they are not new textures. I found some old Sleheyron ones in the game files. But, I will probably release a module pack as a resource for other modders to use later on.

Edit: Ah, yes. We are still in dire need of a scripter.

Combined another double post. Sithspecter, have you read my advice to you about your double posting habits above? If not please do so. Thanks. -RH

I wasp laying back through Tatooine yesterday, and remembered HK-47 saying he served under a Hutt on Sleheyron...any chance of one of the Hutts therem entioning him or even having a sidequest involving Hk-47? You could probably even take many of HK's existing audio, chop and paste as needed, and have him speek lines relative ot the quest. *shrugs* :D

I know what you mean, I had the same thing occur to me a few days ago, as well as with Yuthura at the Korriban Sith Academy, who mentions her Hutt slaver on Sleheyron. If done properly, it'd definitely tie in nicely. In any case, they've got a story writer in their team, so we'll see what transpires! :)

I know what you mean, I had the same thing occur to me a few days ago, as well as with Yuthura at the Korriban Sith Academy, who mentions her Hutt slaver on Sleheyron. If done properly, it'd definitely tie in nicely. In any case, they've got a story writer in their team, so we'll see what transpires! :)

Thats true; I forgot about Yuthura's mentioning of it. That could make for an interesting sidequest too, or if nothign else, just the mention of it.

Actually, I'm not sure about our story writer. Malpense hasn't posted in at least a few weeks, I think. And we may not even need a story writer, the team is doing a pretty good job so far.

PS: We still need a scripter. I'm repeating this until we get one.

Wow.

SS, i wouldn't be surprised if either Obsidian or Bioware offer you a job if they see this.

Well, that's what I guess I'm going to plan on doing when I'm done with college. I'm probably going to get a course in 3D animation this summer, so expect vast improvements.

Hey SS, if you remember I was helping you with scripts on the WWII mod.

If you can tell me what sort of scripting ability you need I might be able to help.

(As long as you don't need an expert that is)

It'd be nice to have you on, DDD! As far as scripting goes, we'll need lots of dialog and quest scripts (I'm not sure what all goes with this) but someone with experience would be good. We already have the galaxy map scripts done (I think) but, there could be some complex scripting. Just a warning, if you think you're up to it, I'll see what everyone else thinks. We'll be in dire need of a scripter soon, so your offer came at a good time.

Archived