Home

Err...uhhh...yeah. Iron Man.

So, normally, I tend toward the artsy stuff, but for some reason I got sucked into the whole Iron Man thing. Gotta tell ya, I liked it. A lot.

Pacing was great. Themes were familiar but not exactly cookie-cutter. Great use of humor, tension, drama, and action. Yeah. Check it out.

Also for those of you that are interested:

New Dark Knight trailer (thought is wasn't out till Sunday?). New Incredible Hulk trailer. Prince Caspian trailer. New Indy trailer. Plus a couple others that I can't seem to recall right now cuz it's nearly 4am here.

PS: If you see it, stick around after the credits.

I was wondering if Downey Jr. could get sober enough to pull this off.

Sounds like he has.

I've been waiting for this movie for a while.

Still have a few ragged-out comics from the early 80's.

Always loved this series.

Hope this movie can give it some justice.

I was wondering if Downey Jr. could get sober enough to pull this off.
The critics that are praising RDJ for carrying the lion's share of this movie aren't lying to you. He won't win an Oscar, but I don't think it's too much to say that he's setting a high bar for the franchise.

The critics that are praising RDJ for carrying the lion's share of this movie aren't lying to you. He won't win an Oscar, but I don't think it's too much to say that he's setting a high bar for the franchise.

That's good. I, personally have always liked the guy. He's taken a beating in the media for most of his career. His sense of humor and timing are subtly exquisite. Last movie I liked w/him was KissKiss/BangBang. He and Kilmer were hysterical. Can't wait to see him tackle this one.

I've only seen one trailer and it has me salivating. I'll probably hit it this weekend.

That's if I can get out of Liberty City long enough.

ironman08previewlgng8.jpg

Ironman II: The Return of Ironmaiden! :lol::xp:

I dunno... Im kinda sick of them remaking stuff, and adapting stuff. Why dont they come up with something original for once? Or has "Reality-tv" drained their minds of creativity?

Ironman II: The Return of Ironmaiden! :lol::xp:

I dunno... Im kinda sick of them remaking stuff, and adapting stuff. Why dont they come up with something original for once? Or has "Reality-tv" drained their minds of creativity?

BLASPHEMY! Not only the pink on Iron Man, but the reference to Iron Maiden was unacceptable! I hope Eddie comes to eat your brains!

eddie.jpg

Muhahahahaha! (just kidding) :lol:

I've always liked Iron Man. For a time, I even collected War Machine comics. IF you don't know about Rhodey's stint in the armor, read up on that link.

When I heard that Robert Downey, Jr. was cast as Tony Stark, I knew it was going to be a good movie. There are so many parallels between the star and the character. Stark lived a life of excess and was an alcoholic....something Downey knows all about. I can't wait to see the movie.

Last movie I liked w/him was KissKiss/BangBang. He and Kilmer were hysterical.
I would quote a few of my favorite lines, but so much "language"!

New Spider-man, says you?

great.

Spider-man? The first one was mostly tolerable. The second one triggered by gag reflex more than once. I didn't bother with the third one, but the parts I have seen did make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

So no, Iron Man is much better than the Spider-Man movies.

I hear the immortal Black Sabbath track of similar name features somewhere in this movie....is this true??

mtfbwya

Yep. It plays over the credits.

Spider-man? The first one was mostly tolerable. The second one triggered by gag reflex more than once. I didn't bother with the third one, but the parts I have seen did make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Tobey Maguire weeps. :lol:

I want to go out to see this, but I'm not sure if I have the time right now.

Here's the real test - Is it actually worth the $8 movie ticket?

_EW_

Though they messed far too much with the third one, the two first were pretty good. I still reckon Spider-Man 2 as the better movie adaptation for a Marvel hero.

Here's the real test - Is it actually worth the $8 movie ticket?
I already have plans to go see it again tomorrow. Please let me know if that doesn't answer the question :)

PS: No, I'm not an Iron Man fanboy. I don't think I've ever read an Iron Man comic, let alone owned one (although the guy that sat behind me in the iron man costume probably owns lots, but I'm just guessing).

although the guy that sat behind me in the iron man costume probably owns lots, but I'm just guessing

Why do our movie theaters never have these kind of guys? :p Anyway, I never heard of the Iron Man franchise before the announcement of the movie, but it looks like a cool movie. I think I may go watch this one.

I already have plans to go see it again tomorrow. Please let me know if that doesn't answer the question :)

PS: No, I'm not an Iron Man fanboy. I don't think I've ever read an Iron Man comic, let alone owned one (although the guy that sat behind me in the iron man costume probably owns lots, but I'm just guessing).

I've never read an Iron Man comic either.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation; it certainly does answer the question. :)

Guess I'll be making plans this weekend.

_EW_

...Yep. It plays over the credits.

The question that begs asking is, is it the Black Sabbath original they play, or some idiot modern punk/rock/pop crossover band they have doing an 'edgy' modern cover of it....?

*checks Amazon tracklisting*

Hm..doesnt look good. :( Ah well, I guess Ozzie is still clockin' the royalties. he needs it for his meds damnit!

mtfbwya

The question that begs asking is, is it the Black Sabbath original they play, or some idiot modern punk/rock/pop crossover band they have doing an 'edgy' modern cover of it....?
An excellent question. The reel broke (or something) about 5 notes into the credits. They got things rolling again a couple minutes later, but the music had changed to something from the score by then. :(

although the guy that sat behind me in the iron man costume probably owns lots, but I'm just guessing
Why do our movie theaters never have these kind of guys? :p

You're not in the right town, theater, or time slot, or you don't know enough weird people. A bunch of us got dressed up in our Renaissance costumes when Robin Hood got released, and it was great fun.

I heard a movie review on this movie just this morning, and the reviewer said Downey did a good job with the role. I'm still waiting for the Indy movie, though. :D

I heard a movie review on this movie just this morning, and the reviewer said Downey did a good job with the role. I'm still waiting for the Indy movie, though. :D

Yeah I heard that he was brilliant too.

But the Indy movie - that's where it's at.

Ford's one of my favorite actors ever. Already have plans to go see it on the 22nd.. just waiting for the tickets to go on sale on Fandango.

_EW_

I've seen it twice already, I really enjoyed it. Plus the scene after the credits really gets me excited for future movies. I didn't really know a lot about Iron Man going in, the only time I have seen him in the comics was the civil war series in Amazing Spider-Man. But definitely a success I'd say.

Archived